Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump to Sign Executive Order to Stop Separating Families

Message 61 of 80

No. The law does not require zero tolerance. As I stated elsewhere, the Attorney General has broad prosecutorial discretion whether to charge someone or not.  And what to charge then with. That’s why people can plea bargain. For example. the prosecutor can drop the murder charge in exchange for the lesser included offense of manslaughter, if the defendant testifies against his accomplice.   Other prosecutors decide not to press certain charges, or they drop others, because they are balancing the use of state resources vs. the severity of the crime.

Sessions was never required to go zero tolerance. Of course, he certainly has the authority to do so. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 80
Maybe if you say you're a Dem, they will allow you the free phone. @NOTHAPPENING........Maybe at Halloween.
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 80

It will certainly be interesting to see what Trump signs because, as I said below, he is following the law as he is required to do by the Constitution. And, according to the Constitution, ONLY Congress can make or change law. The President cannot. The President can only use Executive Action to implement or enforce the law. That was a Supreme Court ruling when they overturned an Executive Action. So, unless Trump finds some way to get around that, any Executive Action he signs will be challenged on court by someone who disagrees with it and when it is it will be overturned. The problem can ONLY be solved Congress. Unfortunately, liberals everywhere, including in Congress, would rather whine about it than actually do something about it and EVERYBODY who has an intelligence at all understands they are doing it for political purposes at the expense of children. Shame on them.

Over and over and over liberals keep telling us how bad Trump is for his policy of separating children from their parents. But there is no such policy. The Zero-Tolerance policy issued by Attorney General Jeff Sessions simply states that U.S. Code 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a) will be enforced. That's it. That's the policy. If you want to verify that, it's easy enough to google. U.S. Code 8 U.S.C. § 1325(a) simply states that both attempted illegal entry and illegal entry into the United States by an alien is prohibited and defines the penalty, which includes both fines and imprisonment. That's it. That's the law. If you want to verify that, it's easy enough to google. The Constitution requires the President to "take care that the Laws be faithfully executed." I would hope most citizens of this country are familiar with the Constitution, but for anyone who is ignorant of what it says, that too can be googled. So, in truth, the REAL Trump policy is to enforce the law as required by the Constitution.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 80

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

It's about time

Now what, he'll arrest the entire family and where will he set them up? 

Back in Mexico where they belong. Bus trip back won't cost taxpayers $35,000 each year either!

Will still have zero tolerance, but he knows the Democrats wants an open boarder. He always has to add what bad things the Dem. say or want or do to blame them.

Dems need open borders to build their party up!

Can’t put them in Mexico because most aren’t Mexican.  These folks are coming from Central America.

Did they enter via Mexico? If so, return them there. Let them walk back to Central America. The libs don't want families separated and I don't either and I sure don't want to be spending our tax money ($35K/year) housing these illegal aliens.

Doesn’t work that way. Do you think Africa is a country too? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 80

They aren't from Mexico. They come from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador, three of the poorest countries on the planet. The drug and arms dealers, sex traffickers, and other criminal syndicates have a stranglehold on those weak governments, and the poor people are easy victims.

The arms that power the gangs, the cartels, the syndicates come from  - guess where?

We aren't sending our best either.

https://www.brookings.edu/opinions/the-underlying-significance-of-central-american-immigration/

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 80

@Soosie wrote:
Somehow, I don't think you will qualify for one of those freebies and, neither will I! Only goes to Dems. @NOTHAPPENING........But I want a Smart Phone so I can run into people and never say, "Excuse Me."

Maybe if you say you're a Dem, they will allow you the free phone.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 80

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

It's about time

Now what, he'll arrest the entire family and where will he set them up? 

Back in Mexico where they belong. Bus trip back won't cost taxpayers $35,000 each year either!

Will still have zero tolerance, but he knows the Democrats wants an open boarder. He always has to add what bad things the Dem. say or want or do to blame them.

Dems need open borders to build their party up!

Can’t put them in Mexico because most aren’t Mexican.  These folks are coming from Central America.

Did they enter via Mexico? If so, return them there. Let them walk back to Central America. The libs don't want families separated and I don't either and I sure don't want to be spending our tax money ($35K/year) housing these illegal aliens.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 80
Somehow, I don't think you will qualify for one of those freebies and, neither will I! Only goes to Dems. @NOTHAPPENING........But I want a Smart Phone so I can run into people and never say, "Excuse Me."
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 80

@Richva wrote:

Just to point out that Trump has been trying to blame the Democrats for the mess he created with this executive order. He stated he was unable to fix it (the same way he created it). So, what we have is another case of Trump lying in public. 

The EO to start following the law?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 80

@Soosie wrote:
 Who knows, maybe I can get a free Smartphone and walk through the malls and run into people.

Somehow, I don't think you will qualify for one of those freebies and, neither will I!  Only goes to Dems.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors