Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump to Democrats: No infrastructure without trade deal

Message 111 of 135

rk9152:  It appears that embarrassing the President takes precedence over infrastructure to Pelosi with the approval of some posters - particularly those who go to Vanity Fair for political insights.

Trump's embarrassing tantrum yesterday was planned before they arrived at the WH. As soon as he walked out of the meeting, he went to the Rose Garden where signs awaited him........that doesn't happen without planning ahead. Once again Trump comes across as an angry little toddler child.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 112 of 135

@gruffstuff wrote:

Yes, but there is value in continuing to point out lies and misstatements made by the Groper-in-Chief.  In this case, it shows that his agenda is only for him and not the American people.  It also shows he has no idea how to make a deal but we now know that from his tax returns. 

As just demostrated.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05/donald-trump-nancy-pelosi-infrastructure-deal

HOW NANCY PELOSI HUMILIATED TRUMP ON INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK

The $2 trillion deal was all but certain to fail. Democrats managed to make Trump look even more pathetic in the process.

It appears that embarrassing the President takes precedence over infrastructure to Pelosi with the approval of some posters - particularly those who go to Vanity Fair for political insights.

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 113 of 135

@MsStretch wrote:

For sure, Trump's little tricks of the trade and making a deal aren't working in government.  His threats, his walk-outs?  Nope.  Nada.  Pelosi and Schumer called his bluff again today.  Both knew he wasn't going to talk infrastructure the minute he walked into the meeting.  Ya think his already prepared lecturn complete with the pretty sign about 'No Collusion' and 'No Obstruction' might have been a tip-off?

And Donnie's comment about being the most transparent president ever?  I didn't know whether to LMAO or puke when I heard that.

Agree with @gruffstuff, Trump made it all about hisself today.  Screw infrastructure.  (Besides, Schumer had a 34-page proposal, did he really think Donnie was going to read it?  Maybe, if it had pretty pictures.)

Here again the Alt Left Liberals only heard what they wanted and shut out the entire story.  I'm not surprised, that's what happens when you listen to Fake News and not the #1 Cable news, or do your own research instead of following the rest or some one-liner they read.

"Trump suggested the comments, and the numerous investigations into him, prevented them from negotiating.

“You can't do it under these circumstances,” Trump said. “Get these phony investigations over with.”

The president said he wanted to pursue an infrastructure proposal, but "instead of walking in happily into a meeting, I walk in to look at people that have just said that I was doing a cover-up."

Trump added: "I don't do cover-ups.”

One source told Fox News Trump walked into the Cabinet Room and immediately made his comments to the Democrats in the room. Then, as Pelosi began talking, Trump turned on his heel and walked back to the Oval Office..."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-rejects-pelosi-allegations-of-cover-up-in-fiery-rose-garden-s...

It's a nice change to have a president who won't let anyone walk all over him.  The Alt Left Libs have constantly made up lies and spit hate at our president every single minute of the day since they lost the election; and I'm proud of him for not taking it. 

What a two-faced bunch they are...did Nancy and Chuck really think they could spew their lies and then walk into a meeting with their phony smiles and expect him to want to negotiate...or even talk with them?!?!  Of course they KNEW he wouldn't talk to them right after they degraded him on the Fake News once again.  They got what they created and they deserved.  And then, just like last time, the two immature children ran to the first open mic they could find and tattletaled/whined about him walking out...like they didn't understand why.

Just when it doesn't seem the Alt Lefties can go any lower, they show Americans again how little they care about America and go there. They all trusted Mueller until they didn't hear what they wanted; then they trusted Barr until he didn't say what they wanted.  And NOW they pretend like they didn't hear the report that there was no collusion with Russia or obstruction and keep whining as if the investigation never took place (and the $40 million was never wasted on it). This reminds me of children who can't take 'no' for an answer and will keep on whining about something...hoping it will happen.

God help us all if America is ever attacked again because the Alt Left Liberals don't appear to care about it or try to unite our country.

“If people in the media cannot decide whether they are in the business of reporting news or manufacturing propaganda, it is all the more important that the public understand that difference, and choose their news sources accordingly”   Thomas Sowell

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 114 of 135

As I read the posts it would look like a lot of people got lost on this subject some time ago. This was the meeting where Trump was going to tell the Dems how he planed to pay for infrastructure and show what he wanted to do. For some time now the Reb. Senate leader has been telling all there was no money to pay for it as the tax cut drained the money, and it they would not agree to increasing the deficit for it. The Dems did bring their plan which included projects to use during the meeting.

Trump does not have a plan or how to get the money to pay for any of it. None of his staff have worked on any plan. In other words this meeting was a farce and Trump had to do something to save face. It looks like Trump felt this approach would do that. His plan was end the meeting and go to a press conif in the Rose Garden to tell all how tough he was with the Dems. His approach was at the grade school level in thinking so that gave away who's idea it was.

People you were used again by Trump when you try and seriously cover his nonsense. Rather than waste time on the Trump nonsense move to the real problem. Making sure Trump is not relected and that is what posts should be about as then you will get infrastructure.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 115 of 135

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@MsStretch wrote:

I just watched the debacle on TV.  Doesn't matter about any of it since Trump won't work with Democrats until any investigations stopped.  Trump came to the infrastructure meeting and had a premeditated temper tantrum.

As Nancy Pelosi said, "I pray for the president.  I pray for this country."

Now we know how Hillary should have handled all those investigations. 

Agreed - say, "I don't recall" and ignore subpoenas - it worked fine for her. Trump should learn from that. It worked for Comey too - 245 times of failing memory.

I guess I should give you the chance to show where Hillary ignored a subpoena but we both know she never did so let's just call this statement FAKE NEWS and move on. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 116 of 135

For sure, Trump's little tricks of the trade and making a deal aren't working in government.  His threats, his walk-outs?  Nope.  Nada.  Pelosi and Schumer called his bluff again today.  Both knew he wasn't going to talk infrastructure the minute he walked into the meeting.  Ya think his already prepared lecturn complete with the pretty sign about 'No Collusion' and 'No Obstruction' might have been a tip-off?

And Donnie's comment about being the most transparent president ever?  I didn't know whether to LMAO or puke when I heard that.

Agree with @gruffstuff, Trump made it all about hisself today.  Screw infrastructure.  (Besides, Schumer had a 34-page proposal, did he really think Donnie was going to read it?  Maybe, if it had pretty pictures.)

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 117 of 135

Yes, but there is value in continuing to point out lies and misstatements made by the Groper-in-Chief.  In this case, it shows that his agenda is only for him and not the American people.  It also shows he has no idea how to make a deal but we now know that from his tax returns. 

As just demostrated.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05/donald-trump-nancy-pelosi-infrastructure-deal

HOW NANCY PELOSI HUMILIATED TRUMP ON INFRASTRUCTURE WEEK

The $2 trillion deal was all but certain to fail. Democrats managed to make Trump look even more pathetic in the process.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 118 of 135

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:   So, it works like this. If Delusional Don does not get his face saving approval for a fairly bad deal with Canada (replacing a very good deal with Canada and Mexico), he will not allow Americans to have better infrastructure.  As someone once said, "You just can't make this stuff up"

I'm taking the view that it may be best for America that he stays out of an infratstructure deal. I'm betting he would use it as a chance to reward cronies in the private sector with public $$$$ and it would be a corrupt mess with little accomplished.

Well, the feds can't stay totally out - they have responsibility for the interstate highway system. But the state and local roads and bridges can be left fo local funding it you'd like. 

Once again you twist a posters words to give yourself something to argue against. Nothing was said about keeping the feds out - just keeping Trump out.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 119 of 135

@Richva wrote:

@MsStretch wrote:

I just watched the debacle on TV.  Doesn't matter about any of it since Trump won't work with Democrats until any investigations stopped.  Trump came to the infrastructure meeting and had a premeditated temper tantrum.

As Nancy Pelosi said, "I pray for the president.  I pray for this country."

Now we know how Hillary should have handled all those investigations. 

Agreed - say, "I don't recall" and ignore subpoenas - it worked fine for her. Trump should learn from that. It worked for Comey too - 245 times of failing memory.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 120 of 135

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:   So, it works like this. If Delusional Don does not get his face saving approval for a fairly bad deal with Canada (replacing a very good deal with Canada and Mexico), he will not allow Americans to have better infrastructure.  As someone once said, "You just can't make this stuff up"

I'm taking the view that it may be best for America that he stays out of an infratstructure deal. I'm betting he would use it as a chance to reward cronies in the private sector with public $$$$ and it would be a corrupt mess with little accomplished.

Well, the feds can't stay totally out - they have responsibility for the interstate highway system. But the state and local roads and bridges can be left fo local funding it you'd like. 

We all have to admit that getting Hair Hitler involved in any deal, any negotiation, or any planning is risking disaster. You may be right that states should look to their own resources and give up on any support from the Trump administration. 

"Hair Hitler"??????

Kudos
Views