Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump to Democrats: No infrastructure without trade deal

Message 121 of 135

@MsStretch wrote:

I just watched the debacle on TV.  Doesn't matter about any of it since Trump won't work with Democrats until any investigations stopped.  Trump came to the infrastructure meeting and had a premeditated temper tantrum.

As Nancy Pelosi said, "I pray for the president.  I pray for this country."

Now we know how Hillary should have handled all those investigations. 

I think Pelosi had it right when she said "I don't do cover-ups".

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 122 of 135

I just watched the debacle on TV.  Doesn't matter about any of it since Trump won't work with Democrats until any investigations stopped.  Trump came to the infrastructure meeting and had a premeditated temper tantrum.

As Nancy Pelosi said, "I pray for the president.  I pray for this country."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 123 of 135

@rk9152 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:   So, it works like this. If Delusional Don does not get his face saving approval for a fairly bad deal with Canada (replacing a very good deal with Canada and Mexico), he will not allow Americans to have better infrastructure.  As someone once said, "You just can't make this stuff up"

I'm taking the view that it may be best for America that he stays out of an infratstructure deal. I'm betting he would use it as a chance to reward cronies in the private sector with public $$$$ and it would be a corrupt mess with little accomplished.

Well, the feds can't stay totally out - they have responsibility for the interstate highway system. But the state and local roads and bridges can be left fo local funding it you'd like. 

We all have to admit that getting Hair Hitler involved in any deal, any negotiation, or any planning is risking disaster. You may be right that states should look to their own resources and give up on any support from the Trump administration. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 124 of 135

@Panjandrum wrote:

Richva:   So, it works like this. If Delusional Don does not get his face saving approval for a fairly bad deal with Canada (replacing a very good deal with Canada and Mexico), he will not allow Americans to have better infrastructure.  As someone once said, "You just can't make this stuff up"

I'm taking the view that it may be best for America that he stays out of an infratstructure deal. I'm betting he would use it as a chance to reward cronies in the private sector with public $$$$ and it would be a corrupt mess with little accomplished.

Well, the feds can't stay totally out - they have responsibility for the interstate highway system. But the state and local roads and bridges can be left fo local funding it you'd like. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 125 of 135

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 126 of 135

Does anyone know of a good reason for the Dems to not want a trade deal worked out?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 127 of 135

@gruffstuff wrote:

So, it works like this. If Delusional Don does not get his face saving approval for a fairly bad deal with Canada (replacing a very good deal with Canada and Mexico), he will not allow Americans to have better infrastructure.  As someone once said, "You just can't make this stuff up"

What does it matter what Trump and or Republicans say?

Trump lies ten times a day and Republicans swear to it.

Why would anyone believe them?

This infrastructure balloon is just like all the other Trump balloons, just a big spray tanned orange sack of hot air.

Yes, but there is value in continuing to point out lies and misstatements made by the Groper-in-Chief.  In this case, it shows that his agenda is only for him and not the American people.  It also shows he has no idea how to make a deal but we now know that from his tax returns. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 128 of 135

Image result for you cant fix stupid

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 129 of 135

So, it works like this. If Delusional Don does not get his face saving approval for a fairly bad deal with Canada (replacing a very good deal with Canada and Mexico), he will not allow Americans to have better infrastructure.  As someone once said, "You just can't make this stuff up"

What does it matter what Trump and or Republicans say?

Trump lies ten times a day and Republicans swear to it.

Why would anyone believe them?

This infrastructure balloon is just like all the other Trump balloons, just a big spray tanned orange sack of hot air.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 130 of 135

@williamb39198 wrote:

@ManicProgressive 

It would be good for all, except trump’s idea of infrastructure is the wall, more intern camps for immigrants, road improvements to roads to his resorts, repealing sanctions for russia and other dictators, and taxes (tariffs) on the American populace...gee, why is there no plan that is supported by Dems!

Here is something to think about when dealing with Trump and his people when they do a project which they consider infrastructure. Congress put in the budget money to build more border wall. They built over one mile of border wall with that money. Well they have finished that project and guess what it cost? OVER one billion PER MILE. The numbers came out this evening. That is Trump in action.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors