Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

Message 81 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

"Stir the pot of racism"....a typical far-right, white nationalist POV.  Some think if we ignore it it just goes away.  But the facts are that every time the light is turned on, the racists come out from under the floorboards and attack those who address the issue....straight on.  If they weren't so racist, they would simply call it out, condemn the act/action and then move on; but they have to attack the posters and call it "stirring the pot".  Facing one's own vices is courageous not "stirring the pot".

Alternately, stirring the pot of racism is a tactic of the left over a half century. Successfully, I might add - note the 90% figure mentioned earlier.  "Stirring the pot" is a term used by cowards who can't face discussing difficult subjects that hit very close to home.  Interesting that you think blacks vote Democratic simply because they think Republicans are racists.

If the left can successfully convince our black population that they are not capable and in need of protection, that is a win for them. Most understand "our black population" can think for themselves.  Funny to see someone who whines incessantly about the politics of division, referring to "our black population".  Rather hypocritical.....If they can get whites deep into "white guilt", that is a win for them. Ahhh, another dog whistle term...."white guilt".  Maybe you should just stick to speaking for yourself vs. claiming you know what others think and believe.

And, the "white guilt" thing is very clever. It is based on accepting that white people are inherently racist .....yet you are the only one here that uses the term.  Interesting....BUT if you accept that - you are a good person, certainly superior to not only the blacks you are helping but also the whites who are not "on board".  Don't pat yourself on the back....but I do accept that many Conservatives here are racists, it's obvious in their posts.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 124

NerdyMom posted..

I didn't go off topic. You did. And RK. And easyed. By criticizing the author and the posters here. Nothing of substance about Coates' article. I was responding to your ad hominem attacks.

Talking about racism doesn't "stir the pot." It just makes racists feel insecure about their status. So they HATE HATE HATE these discussions.

I have yet to see you condemn racism. Why is that?

-----------------------------------------------
Again..

You have gone off topic.

I do not know or see anyone on this board that condones racism. But many say Trump is a racist which is left wing hate...its opinion and it does not bode well for our country.

Yes, racism does exist and with the posts on this board posters are trying to are stir the pot of racism. And they seem to thrive on that...very sad but very true.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I stand by what I posted....you went from bashing Trump to racism...that is telling as is the link you used to start this thread. I, like others have the right to express their opinion and it's not "ad hominem attacks" like you stated.

If you would have read my posts you would read my posts about my dislike of racism and yes I have condemned racism. I have and will continue to call out people that continue to stir the pot of racism.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

"Stir the pot of racism"....a typical far-right, white nationalist POV.  Some think if we ignore it it just goes away.  But the facts are that every time the light is turned on, the racists come out from under the floorboards and attack those who address the issue....straight on.  If they weren't so racist, they would simply call it out, condemn the act/action and then move on; but they have to attack the posters and call it "stirring the pot".  Facing one's own vices is courageous not "stirring the pot".

Alternately, stirring the pot of racism is a tactic of the left over a half century. Successfully, I might add - note the 90% figure mentioned earlier.

If the left can successfully convince our black population that they are not capable and in need of protection, that is a win for them. If they can get whites deep into "white guilt", that is a win for them.

And, the "white guilt" thing is very clever. It is based on accepting that white people are inherently racist BUT if you accept that - you are a good person, certainly superior to not only the blacks you are helping but also the whites who are not "on board".

So - if you are not "on board" - what is that a demonstration/admission/self-certification of?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 124

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.

Well, Kid, that is predicable. We are dealing with hate filled people who just have to find something to attack on.

No ..... but you "created something to attack"!

In this topic even something as silly as the Russians helping the slave owners.

And that's what you "created to attack" as no such comment was ever made.

You made that up ..... and then attacked your own made up creation!!!

It is impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make each and every decision based on the need to find something to hate in others.

No .... it's impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make things up!

True - so I shall give up trying to have a rarional discussion with you.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 124

RK-You hit the nail on the head with the last post.However the lefties won`t see themselves as racial pot stirrers. They think this is more effective than whining about shoes,statues and russians.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

I have yet to see you condemn racism.  Why is that? 

I can't speak for anyone else but I have regularly condemned racist - all kinds, including the racism of considering minorities unable to make it on their own and in need of the protection of the elitist of the left.

So, you can take me off your "didn't condemn" list.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 124

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Alternately, stirring the pot of racism is a tactic of the left over a half century. Successfully, I might add - note the 90% figure mentioned earlier.

If the left can successfully convince our black population that they are not capable and in need of protection, that is a win for them. If they can get whites deep into "white guilt", that is a win for them.

And, the "white guilt" thing is very clever. It is based on accepting that white people are inherently racist BUT if you accept that - you are a good person, certainly superior to not only the blacks you are helping but also the whites who are not "on board".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 124

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
rk posted..

It is impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make each and every decision based on the need to find something to hate in others. Add to that their amazing racism that they constantly try to direct on to others and you have quite a package.

There was a time that I was annoyed by constantly being called a racist or a Nazi or a White Supremacist - depending on the mood of the day - but then I realized they can't help it. The prism they see our world through twists their vision in truly strange ways.

I can't imagine going through life so consumed by hatred.

====================================================

I feel sorry for people that continue to post their hate.

It's one thing to disagree with Trump on his policies but the same 6 or so posters continue to show day after day with their posts that they have one thing in their minds...post their hate of Trump and then kudo each other. They are doing there best to get posters that are not in their "hate Trump camp" to leave this board...and its working.

People who call attention to the hate expressed by the Trumpettes and in neoRepublican policies pushed by Der Trumper are not expressing hatred. Lemontop is pathetic, hardly an object of hatred. His leadership of America into a crypto-Nazi state supporting Nazis and KKK as morally equivalent to those who protest the glorification of Jim Crow, now THAT is fully deserving of hatred, as are those who join in supporting His leadership of America into a crypto-Nazi state supporting Nazis and KKK

You want a discussion of issues? Okay - what will the neoRepublicans offer to replace Obamacare? Who will receive the benefits from the Trump tax "reform" and who will pay for those benefits?

Racism is certainly a much too important issue to play games with such as "Trumpettes", "neoRepublicans", "Der Trumper", "Lemontop".

It also needs more honesty than, "His leadership of America into a crypto-Nazi state supporting Nazis and KKK...." .

It needs honesty not contained in, "His leadership of America into a crypto-Nazi state supporting Nazis and KKK...."

And how Obamacare is part of a discussion of "The First White President" just shows how blind hatred can effect the discussion capacities of some.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
NerdyMom posted..

When I see people deny that structural, institutional racism still exists, it just makes me think they must feel really insecure about their abilities to compete on a completely level playing field. Cripplingly insecure.

and...

There is no hate here, other than hatred of racism. Don't you hate that too? If you don't, you should.

===============================================

You have gone off topic.

I do not know or see anyone on this board that condones racism. But many say Trump is a racist which is left wing hate...its opinion and it does not bode well for our country.

Yes, racism does exist and with the posts on this board posters are trying to are stir the pot of racism. And they seem to thrive on that...very sad but very true.

I didn't go off topic. You did. And RK. And easyed. By criticizing the author and the posters here. Nothing of substance about Coates' article.  I was responding to your ad hominem attacks.  

Talking about racism doesn't "stir the pot." It just makes racists feel insecure about their status. So they HATE HATE HATE these discussions. 

I have yet to see you condemn racism.  Why is that? 

No truer words have been posted here.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

There is no hate here, other than hatred of racism.  Don't you hate that too?  If you don't, you should.    

I do. Racism of all kinds.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors