Reply
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
288
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

288 Views
Message 71 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.


I doubt if you read all of it. it moves on from Trump. My thoughts on the author were that they knew what they were talking about. It used many quotes from other sources to back up historical fact.  Are you denying history?

 


True - I skimmed. When the first thing I saw in the post was, ""His political career began in advocacy of birtherism, that modern recasting of the old American precept that black people are not fit to be citizens of the country they built" I assumed inaccurate bias. So, I skimmed through it and saw more and more of that sort of thing. There was the leftwing lie about his decision to give additional scrutiny to people from nations that Obama said needed additional scrutiny described as a "Muslim ban". Then it distorted (in a leftward direction) the crack sentencing situation.

 

So, "knew what they were talking about"?? Maybe, but that's not what they wrote.


the article is a tome on some history, that works its way back and forth, comparing the present with the past. Most articles do have a bias; its up to the reader to glean the facts between the bias. I can read a conservative slanted article based on facts ( its rare i find one) . and yeah my panties get twisted but i can learn from facts. Maybe you read half the article, and missed the real point.


I don't know about "tome", there is too much bias and inaccuracies as noted above. For example, calling increased sentencing for crack "racist" is not history, it is not slant, it goes beyond bias - it is a flat out lie. Those increases were requested by the CBC.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
288
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
283
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

283 Views
Message 72 of 124

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


"Stir the pot of racism"....a typical far-right, white nationalist POV.  Some think if we ignore it it just goes away.  But the facts are that every time the light is turned on, the racists come out from under the floorboards and attack those who address the issue....straight on.  If they weren't so racist, they would simply call it out, condemn the act/action and then move on; but they have to attack the posters and call it "stirring the pot".  Facing one's own vices is courageous not "stirring the pot".


Alternately, stirring the pot of racism is a tactic of the left over a half century. Successfully, I might add - note the 90% figure mentioned earlier.  "Stirring the pot" is a term used by cowards who can't face discussing difficult subjects that hit very close to home.  Interesting that you think blacks vote Democratic simply because they think Republicans are racists.

O.K. I'll use whatever term you want. When pols tell a group of people that they aren't able to see to their own needs and must depend on the pols to take care of them - what term would you prefer?  "Bogus premise".  How's that work for ya?  What pols told what group of people that?  You really have to turn off Limblah.  He'll pollute your mind.  Hopefully it isn't too late.....

 

If the left can successfully convince our black population that they are not capable and in need of protection, that is a win for them. Most understand "our black population" can think for themselves.  Funny to see someone who whines incessantly about the politics of division, referring to "our black population".  Rather hypocritical.....

O.K. if you think that we Conservatives are "most", I don't; maybe the "most pathetic", though.  I can live with that. But, let me correct you - it isn't just "our black population". The left also divide us along the lines of gender, religion, personal possessions, place of birth, sexual orientation, etc.  LOL.  Really?  I haven't seen "the left" here ever make those claims, but I do see you frequently stating they do.  #notverycredible

 

If they can get whites deep into "white guilt", that is a win for them. Ahhh, another dog whistle term...."white guilt".  Maybe you should just stick to speaking for yourself vs. claiming you know what others think and believe.

No dog whistle - I stood right up and said it. There are proponents of it right here.  woof.

 

And, the "white guilt" thing is very clever. It is based on accepting that white people are inherently racist .....yet you are the only one here that uses the term.  Interesting....

Many use "it" only I call it by it's name.  You are one of the very few posters on this forum who uses the term....it's your way of attacking those who want to counter the racists here.

.

BUT if you accept that - you are a good person, certainly superior to not only the blacks you are helping but also the whites who are not "on board".  Don't pat yourself on the back....but I do accept that many Conservatives here are racists, it's obvious in their posts.

Of course you do. That is part of the Nazi, Fascist, White Supremacist, anti-immigrant, anti-LGBTQUE, etc. meme of the radical left.  Since when is reality a meme?  "#UnitetheRight


These lengthy chain letter posts become difficult to find real meaning (for those interested in discussing). So, if you have anything you'd like to discuss in the mass above, let's start clean and see how far we can get into the logic before heading for the schoolyard.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
283
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
307
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

307 Views
Message 73 of 124
I tried a few, but was kinda told im really the racist for bringing it up. I dont know how many read the entire article for context.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
307
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
319
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

319 Views
Message 74 of 124

   Interestingly, the actual article is not being discussed.    Was it TL;DR or was the title just oo off-putting so that some resorted to knee-jerk reactions.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
319
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
310
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

310 Views
Message 75 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

When I see people deny that structural, institutional racism still exists, it just makes me think they must feel really insecure about their abilities to compete on a completely level playing field.   Cripplingly insecure.   


There is truth in that. There are people that insist on the need to assign students college slots, for example, based on their race, because they are unable to compete equally.


why do you think that is?

 

or is it just another way of saying other races are inferior? 

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
310
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
4
Kudos
314
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

314 Views
Message 76 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


"Stir the pot of racism"....a typical far-right, white nationalist POV.  Some think if we ignore it it just goes away.  But the facts are that every time the light is turned on, the racists come out from under the floorboards and attack those who address the issue....straight on.  If they weren't so racist, they would simply call it out, condemn the act/action and then move on; but they have to attack the posters and call it "stirring the pot".  Facing one's own vices is courageous not "stirring the pot".


Alternately, stirring the pot of racism is a tactic of the left over a half century. Successfully, I might add - note the 90% figure mentioned earlier.  "Stirring the pot" is a term used by cowards who can't face discussing difficult subjects that hit very close to home.  Interesting that you think blacks vote Democratic simply because they think Republicans are racists.

O.K. I'll use whatever term you want. When pols tell a group of people that they aren't able to see to their own needs and must depend on the pols to take care of them - what term would you prefer?

 

If the left can successfully convince our black population that they are not capable and in need of protection, that is a win for them. Most understand "our black population" can think for themselves.  Funny to see someone who whines incessantly about the politics of division, referring to "our black population".  Rather hypocritical.....

O.K. if you think that we Conservatives are "most", I can live with that. But, let me correct you - it isn't just "our black population". The left also divide us along the lines of gender, religion, personal possessions, place of birth, sexual orientation, etc.

If they can get whites deep into "white guilt", that is a win for them. Ahhh, another dog whistle term...."white guilt".  Maybe you should just stick to speaking for yourself vs. claiming you know what others think and believe.

No dog whistle - I stood right up and said it. There are proponents of it right here.

 

And, the "white guilt" thing is very clever. It is based on accepting that white people are inherently racist .....yet you are the only one here that uses the term.  Interesting....

Many use "it" only I call it by it's name.

BUT if you accept that - you are a good person, certainly superior to not only the blacks you are helping but also the whites who are not "on board".  Don't pat yourself on the back....but I do accept that many Conservatives here are racists, it's obvious in their posts.

Of course you do. That is part of the Nazi, Fascist, White Supremacist, anti-immigrant, anti-LGBTQUE, etc. meme of the radical left.


 


 


rk you brushed up against a point, but conservatism doesnt allow you to fully grasp it. neither can a lot of Dems. Its the ingrined denial of institutional racism. The reason conservatives wont ever get it is because they dont believe anything they read about it and just hollar stuff like "white guilt". you wonder why you can get a discussion, its because all your posts contain discussion enders. 

 

If i present you with historicl facts on the begining of institutional racism, that is still practiced, and back THAT with facts, at some point i will hear "white guilt" or..something that refers to a fact being "wrong"

 

When you do that, it makes my point.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
4
Kudos
314
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
315
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

315 Views
Message 77 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
NerdyMom posted..

When I see people deny that structural, institutional racism still exists, it just makes me think they must feel really insecure about their abilities to compete on a completely level playing field. Cripplingly insecure.

and...

There is no hate here, other than hatred of racism. Don't you hate that too? If you don't, you should.

===============================================

You have gone off topic.

I do not know or see anyone on this board that condones racism. But many say Trump is a racist which is left wing hate...its opinion and it does not bode well for our country.

Yes, racism does exist and with the posts on this board posters are trying to are stir the pot of racism. And they seem to thrive on that...very sad but very true.

All of your comments play to the narrative point of the article. Its salient points explain why you say what you say, as well as other posters from the right.

 

By saying a discussion on racism is racist and we shouldnt be having it...well..thats just racist.

 

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
315
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
316
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

316 Views
Message 78 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.


I doubt if you read all of it. it moves on from Trump. My thoughts on the author were that they knew what they were talking about. It used many quotes from other sources to back up historical fact.  Are you denying history?

 


True - I skimmed. When the first thing I saw in the post was, ""His political career began in advocacy of birtherism, that modern recasting of the old American precept that black people are not fit to be citizens of the country they built" I assumed inaccurate bias. So, I skimmed through it and saw more and more of that sort of thing. There was the leftwing lie about his decision to give additional scrutiny to people from nations that Obama said needed additional scrutiny described as a "Muslim ban". Then it distorted (in a leftward direction) the crack sentencing situation.

 

So, "knew what they were talking about"?? Maybe, but that's not what they wrote.


the article is a tome on some history, that works its way back and forth, comparing the present with the past. Most articles do have a bias; its up to the reader to glean the facts between the bias. I can read a conservative slanted article based on facts ( its rare i find one) . and yeah my panties get twisted but i can learn from facts. Maybe you read half the article, and missed the real point.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
316
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
323
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

323 Views
Message 79 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


"Stir the pot of racism"....a typical far-right, white nationalist POV.  Some think if we ignore it it just goes away.  But the facts are that every time the light is turned on, the racists come out from under the floorboards and attack those who address the issue....straight on.  If they weren't so racist, they would simply call it out, condemn the act/action and then move on; but they have to attack the posters and call it "stirring the pot".  Facing one's own vices is courageous not "stirring the pot".


Alternately, stirring the pot of racism is a tactic of the left over a half century. Successfully, I might add - note the 90% figure mentioned earlier.  "Stirring the pot" is a term used by cowards who can't face discussing difficult subjects that hit very close to home.  Interesting that you think blacks vote Democratic simply because they think Republicans are racists.

O.K. I'll use whatever term you want. When pols tell a group of people that they aren't able to see to their own needs and must depend on the pols to take care of them - what term would you prefer?  "Bogus premise".  How's that work for ya?  What pols told what group of people that?  You really have to turn off Limblah.  He'll pollute your mind.  Hopefully it isn't too late.....

 

If the left can successfully convince our black population that they are not capable and in need of protection, that is a win for them. Most understand "our black population" can think for themselves.  Funny to see someone who whines incessantly about the politics of division, referring to "our black population".  Rather hypocritical.....

O.K. if you think that we Conservatives are "most", I don't; maybe the "most pathetic", though.  I can live with that. But, let me correct you - it isn't just "our black population". The left also divide us along the lines of gender, religion, personal possessions, place of birth, sexual orientation, etc.  LOL.  Really?  I haven't seen "the left" here ever make those claims, but I do see you frequently stating they do.  #notverycredible

 

If they can get whites deep into "white guilt", that is a win for them. Ahhh, another dog whistle term...."white guilt".  Maybe you should just stick to speaking for yourself vs. claiming you know what others think and believe.

No dog whistle - I stood right up and said it. There are proponents of it right here.  woof.

 

And, the "white guilt" thing is very clever. It is based on accepting that white people are inherently racist .....yet you are the only one here that uses the term.  Interesting....

Many use "it" only I call it by it's name.  You are one of the very few posters on this forum who uses the term....it's your way of attacking those who want to counter the racists here.

.

BUT if you accept that - you are a good person, certainly superior to not only the blacks you are helping but also the whites who are not "on board".  Don't pat yourself on the back....but I do accept that many Conservatives here are racists, it's obvious in their posts.

Of course you do. That is part of the Nazi, Fascist, White Supremacist, anti-immigrant, anti-LGBTQUE, etc. meme of the radical left.  Since when is reality a meme?  "#UnitetheRight


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
323
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
327
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

327 Views
Message 80 of 124

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:


"Stir the pot of racism"....a typical far-right, white nationalist POV.  Some think if we ignore it it just goes away.  But the facts are that every time the light is turned on, the racists come out from under the floorboards and attack those who address the issue....straight on.  If they weren't so racist, they would simply call it out, condemn the act/action and then move on; but they have to attack the posters and call it "stirring the pot".  Facing one's own vices is courageous not "stirring the pot".


Alternately, stirring the pot of racism is a tactic of the left over a half century. Successfully, I might add - note the 90% figure mentioned earlier.  "Stirring the pot" is a term used by cowards who can't face discussing difficult subjects that hit very close to home.  Interesting that you think blacks vote Democratic simply because they think Republicans are racists.

O.K. I'll use whatever term you want. When pols tell a group of people that they aren't able to see to their own needs and must depend on the pols to take care of them - what term would you prefer?

 

If the left can successfully convince our black population that they are not capable and in need of protection, that is a win for them. Most understand "our black population" can think for themselves.  Funny to see someone who whines incessantly about the politics of division, referring to "our black population".  Rather hypocritical.....

O.K. if you think that we Conservatives are "most", I can live with that. But, let me correct you - it isn't just "our black population". The left also divide us along the lines of gender, religion, personal possessions, place of birth, sexual orientation, etc.

If they can get whites deep into "white guilt", that is a win for them. Ahhh, another dog whistle term...."white guilt".  Maybe you should just stick to speaking for yourself vs. claiming you know what others think and believe.

No dog whistle - I stood right up and said it. There are proponents of it right here.

 

And, the "white guilt" thing is very clever. It is based on accepting that white people are inherently racist .....yet you are the only one here that uses the term.  Interesting....

Many use "it" only I call it by it's name.

BUT if you accept that - you are a good person, certainly superior to not only the blacks you are helping but also the whites who are not "on board".  Don't pat yourself on the back....but I do accept that many Conservatives here are racists, it's obvious in their posts.

Of course you do. That is part of the Nazi, Fascist, White Supremacist, anti-immigrant, anti-LGBTQUE, etc. meme of the radical left.


 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
327
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors