Reply
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
283
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

283 Views
Message 61 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.


I doubt if you read all of it. it moves on from Trump. My thoughts on the author were that they knew what they were talking about. It used many quotes from other sources to back up historical fact.  Are you denying history?

 


True - I skimmed. When the first thing I saw in the post was, ""His political career began in advocacy of birtherism, that modern recasting of the old American precept that black people are not fit to be citizens of the country they built" I assumed inaccurate bias. So, I skimmed through it and saw more and more of that sort of thing. There was the leftwing lie about his decision to give additional scrutiny to people from nations that Obama said needed additional scrutiny described as a "Muslim ban". Then it distorted (in a leftward direction) the crack sentencing situation.

 

So, "knew what they were talking about"?? Maybe, but that's not what they wrote.


the article is a tome on some history, that works its way back and forth, comparing the present with the past. Most articles do have a bias; its up to the reader to glean the facts between the bias. I can read a conservative slanted article based on facts ( its rare i find one) . and yeah my panties get twisted but i can learn from facts. Maybe you read half the article, and missed the real point.


I don't know about "tome", there is too much bias and inaccuracies as noted above. For example, calling increased sentencing for crack "racist" is not history, it is not slant, it goes beyond bias - it is a flat out lie. Those increases were requested by the CBC.


why does stuff like that get by you? its not a lie. lol. its part of the phony drug war. was crack bad? is possession possession? white people with coke get the same sentence?


Nixon's "drug war" unquestionably grew from Nixon's personal vendetta against the anti-Vietnam war left and blacks - Period.

As for the CBC - the makeup of the CBC was not by the wildest stretch of the imagination either impartial or objective.

Report: Nixon aide says war on drugs targeted blacks, hippies - CNNPolitics

 

Nixon's Drug War, An Excuse To Lock Up Blacks And Protesters, Continues

 

Then there's the recorded comment Nixon made the day the Roe v Wade decision was announced - There are recordings of his anti-semtism.

 

Offensive Nixon Tapes Released - YouTube

 

Nixon was unquestionably a racist - who deliberately conspired to obstruct justice.

It can truthfully be said that in a great many ways - Nixon sucked.

Does it all balance out?   History has not come to that conclusion.

 

So are most supporters of the drug war somewhat racist deep inside?   Yep.

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
283
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
281
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

281 Views
Message 62 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.


Well, Kid, that is predicable. We are dealing with hate filled people who just have to find something to attack on. In this topic even something as silly as the Russians helping the slave owners.

 

It is impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make each and every decision based on the need to find something to hate in others. Add to that their amazing racism that they constantly try to direct on to others and you have quite a package.

 

There was a time that I was annoyed by constantly being called a racist or a Nazi or a White Supremacist - depending on the mood of the day - but then I realized they can't help it. The prism they see our world through twists their vision in truly strange ways.

 

I can't imagine going through life so consumed by hatred.

 

 

Russia is a fascist state under Putin. connect the dots...

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
281
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
275
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

275 Views
Message 63 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
older posted..

People who call attention to the hate expressed by the Trumpettes and in neoRepublican policies pushed by Der Trumper are not expressing hatred. Lemontop is pathetic, hardly an object of hatred. His leadership of America into a crypto-Nazi state supporting Nazis and KKK as morally equivalent to those who protest the glorification of Jim Crow

===================================

Thanks..you just proved what I said.

How ?????????


@KidBoy2 wrote:
older posted..

People who call attention to the hate expressed by the Trumpettes and in neoRepublican policies pushed by Der Trumper are not expressing hatred. Lemontop is pathetic, hardly an object of hatred. His leadership of America into a crypto-Nazi state supporting Nazis and KKK as morally equivalent to those who protest the glorification of Jim Crow

===================================

Thanks..you just proved what I said.

You say that to every poster who negates what you'd like to believe .... and of course .... it's never true!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
275
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
278
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

278 Views
Message 64 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

   Interestingly, the actual article is not being discussed.    Was it TL;DR or was the title just oo off-putting so that some resorted to knee-jerk reactions.   


I have no idea what that means. But, to me, the crack comments defined the mindset of the writer. It was a total lie. Either the writer was totally unfamiliar with the topic or hoped the readers didn't.


all part of the phony drug war. its well documented, and i have no idea why someone doest put an end to it. most of it is a waste of resources. SOme people just get high, others medicate their miserable existance. its that existance that needs to be focused on, not the drugs.

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
278
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
265
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

265 Views
Message 65 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:


rk you brushed up against a point, but conservatism doesnt allow you to fully grasp it. neither can a lot of Dems. Its the ingrined denial of institutional racism. The reason conservatives wont ever get it is because they dont believe anything they read about it and just hollar stuff like "white guilt". you wonder why you can get a discussion, its because all your posts contain discussion enders. 

 

If i present you with historicl facts on the begining of institutional racism, that is still practiced, and back THAT with facts, at some point i will hear "white guilt" or..something that refers to a fact being "wrong"

 

When you do that, it makes my point.


O.K. - if it is institutional, is it "Conservative only" institutional? And if it exists, does calling everyone right of Che Guevara Nazis, Kluxers, Fascists, racists. sexists, and the rest of the litany solve the problem?

 

I personally do believe there is a form of racism that assumes minorities are incapable of taking care of themselves so they need someone to do it for them. When you consider 1960's fixes still in place, that sort of makes the point. 

 

So, is that institutional racism really the racism of the left?


welfre to an extent is just a bad patch for a real problem. and yes Dems have to own that too when nothing is being done to mitigate the problem. thats what institutional MEANS. But the article very well points out the history of this insideous part of racism.. that which makes it institutional. Im operating from a position that says most dems arent FAR ENOUGH left as far as promoting the general welfare..and that statement doesnt mean a freebie..it goe with pursuit of happiness, all men are created equal. 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
265
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
261
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

261 Views
Message 66 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.


I doubt if you read all of it. it moves on from Trump. My thoughts on the author were that they knew what they were talking about. It used many quotes from other sources to back up historical fact.  Are you denying history?

 


True - I skimmed. When the first thing I saw in the post was, ""His political career began in advocacy of birtherism, that modern recasting of the old American precept that black people are not fit to be citizens of the country they built" I assumed inaccurate bias. So, I skimmed through it and saw more and more of that sort of thing. There was the leftwing lie about his decision to give additional scrutiny to people from nations that Obama said needed additional scrutiny described as a "Muslim ban". Then it distorted (in a leftward direction) the crack sentencing situation.

 

So, "knew what they were talking about"?? Maybe, but that's not what they wrote.


the article is a tome on some history, that works its way back and forth, comparing the present with the past. Most articles do have a bias; its up to the reader to glean the facts between the bias. I can read a conservative slanted article based on facts ( its rare i find one) . and yeah my panties get twisted but i can learn from facts. Maybe you read half the article, and missed the real point.


I don't know about "tome", there is too much bias and inaccuracies as noted above. For example, calling increased sentencing for crack "racist" is not history, it is not slant, it goes beyond bias - it is a flat out lie. Those increases were requested by the CBC.


why does stuff like that get by you? its not a lie. lol. its part of the phony drug war. was crack bad? is posession posession? white people with cocke get the same sentance?

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
261
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
253
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

253 Views
Message 67 of 124

@afisher wrote:

   Interestingly, the actual article is not being discussed.    Was it TL;DR or was the title just oo off-putting so that some resorted to knee-jerk reactions.   


I have no idea what that means. But, to me, the crack comments defined the mindset of the writer. It was a total lie. Either the writer was totally unfamiliar with the topic or hoped the readers didn't.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
253
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
247
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

247 Views
Message 68 of 124

Centristsin2010 wrote:


nyadrn wrote:

 

One thing that my party needs to learn and accept is that one adult will not accept being told what to do, what to think, what to believe, or how to vote, by another adult.  Trying to do that practically guarantees failure.   Approach is everything.  Think about it. 

 

Maybe your party doesn't listen to Limblah, Hannity or Coulter.....who are constantly telling their listeners, what to do, what to think, what to believe.....


I think that's another well worn topic

So is dodging the point.....


There is no point. Your comment has nothing to do with mine.

 

 

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
247
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
236
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

236 Views
Message 69 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

When I see people deny that structural, institutional racism still exists, it just makes me think they must feel really insecure about their abilities to compete on a completely level playing field.   Cripplingly insecure.   


There is truth in that. There are people that insist on the need to assign students college slots, for example, based on their race, because they are unable to compete equally.


why do you think that is?

 

or is it just another way of saying other races are inferior? 

 


Yes, that may well be. People looking at it that way do not see the "I'm better than you" aspect of their "compassionate" thinking.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
236
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
242
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

242 Views
Message 70 of 124

@MIseker wrote:


rk you brushed up against a point, but conservatism doesnt allow you to fully grasp it. neither can a lot of Dems. Its the ingrined denial of institutional racism. The reason conservatives wont ever get it is because they dont believe anything they read about it and just hollar stuff like "white guilt". you wonder why you can get a discussion, its because all your posts contain discussion enders. 

 

If i present you with historicl facts on the begining of institutional racism, that is still practiced, and back THAT with facts, at some point i will hear "white guilt" or..something that refers to a fact being "wrong"

 

When you do that, it makes my point.


O.K. - if it is institutional, is it "Conservative only" institutional? And if it exists, does calling everyone right of Che Guevara Nazis, Kluxers, Fascists, racists. sexists, and the rest of the litany solve the problem?

 

I personally do believe there is a form of racism that assumes minorities are incapable of taking care of themselves so they need someone to do it for them. When you consider 1960's fixes still in place, that sort of makes the point. 

 

So, is that institutional racism really the racism of the left?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
242
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.