Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

Message 51 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
NerdyMom posted..

I don't think everyone who voted for him is racist, but I do think everyone who voted for him at least overlooked his racism. And we must stop overlooking it.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Calling Trump a racist is opinion by Trump haters that try to back up their opinion by links by fellow Trump haters that do not want to discuss important issues.

The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.

Overlook racism if you choose, but don't expect all others to do the same. 

Postings about Obama's vacations and silence about Trump spending multiple times what the Obama's spent is "hateful opinion", is "typical" of Obama haters, and is "very racist".

Democrats in 2020
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Interestingly, the actual article is not being discussed.    Was it TL;DR or was the title just oo off-putting so that some resorted to knee-jerk reactions.   

I have no idea what that means. But, to me, the crack comments defined the mindset of the writer. It was a total lie. Either the writer was totally unfamiliar with the topic or hoped the readers didn't.

It's not a lie at all.  Why would you think it is?  The power structure of our country responded to the crack academic as a criminal justice issue.  And instead of focusing on the importers, manufacturers, and distributers, who were more likely to be white, law enforcement focused on arresting street level users and neighborhood drug dealers, who were more likely to be black.   Baltimore City has long been considered the "heroin capital" of the nation, but it wasn't until the mostly white physician community overprescribed pain killers to mostly white patients that we as a society began to focus on drug addiction as a health problem.   There is a legislative and incarceration history there that is undeniable.  It's not a lie. 

This goes back to Nixon's War on Drugs Black People Use. 52% of all the people locked up in America are locked up for non-violent drug offenses, and most of them are Black, often victims of a "Catch-22" - the cop does a stop and frisk, when the victim turns out his pockets, a bag of weed falls out. Now possession of a small amount of pot is seldom a felony, BUT (catch 22) DISPLAYING NARCOTICS IN PUBLIC IS A FELONY. So now the cop has a felony arrest, the victim oes to a for profit holding area because there too many already in the county jail, stays there months because he can't make bail, loses his job for not showing up, can't get another when he get out because of a felony drug conviction, and is highly likely to commit future crimes, unless Prison trained him how not to eat.

Legalize pot, decriminalize all the rest of the drugs, and use the money we DON'T spent locking up over half our prison population to go after the ones brining that product to market and profviding facilities to allow the addicts to receive their "habit" in a safe, contoled environment so they can hold a job, NOT OD and deprive the drug lords of billions every year.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 124
NerdyMom posted..

I don't think everyone who voted for him is racist, but I do think everyone who voted for him at least overlooked his racism. And we must stop overlooking it.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Calling Trump a racist is opinion by Trump haters that try to back up their opinion by links by fellow Trump haters that do not want to discuss important issues.

The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
rk posted..

But, to me, the crack comments defined the mindset of the writer. It was a total lie. Either the writer was totally unfamiliar with the topic or hoped the readers didn't.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Its articles like the one that started this thread that shows the hate for Trump and the left's inability to understand that most articles they post as fact are not....but it makes them feel better...and the left group of about 8 click their heels and kudo each other.

I see you post, but i dont see anyone posting verifyable facts to prove our posts WRONG. maybe if you did that eh?

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 124
rk posted..

But, to me, the crack comments defined the mindset of the writer. It was a total lie. Either the writer was totally unfamiliar with the topic or hoped the readers didn't.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Its articles like the one that started this thread that shows the hate for Trump and the left's inability to understand that most articles they post as fact are not....but it makes them feel better...and the left group of about 8 click their heels and kudo each other.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Interestingly, the actual article is not being discussed.    Was it TL;DR or was the title just oo off-putting so that some resorted to knee-jerk reactions.   

I have no idea what that means. But, to me, the crack comments defined the mindset of the writer. It was a total lie. Either the writer was totally unfamiliar with the topic or hoped the readers didn't.

It's not a lie at all.  Why would you think it is?  The power structure of our country responded to the crack academic as a criminal justice issue.  And instead of focusing on the importers, manufacturers, and distributers, who were more likely to be white, law enforcement focused on arresting street level users and neighborhood drug dealers, who were more likely to be black.   Baltimore City has long been considered the "heroin capital" of the nation, but it wasn't until the mostly white physician community overprescribed pain killers to mostly white patients that we as a society began to focus on drug addiction as a health problem.   There is a legislative and incarceration history there that is undeniable.  It's not a lie. 

worth repeating. 

I'm sorry I didn't fully read through the responses before posting.  I have just now seen yours and alferdpacker's.  

I worked in the Baltimore City Jail during the height of the crack epidemic in Baltimore City.   I saw it first hand.  I worked with the police, and the judges, and the warden.   I know what they were thinking and trying to do.   They told me a million times.    I know how the defense lawyers talked about people.   How the prosecutors did.  I watched the power structure use and abuse people, powerless people, for their own gain.   

Ta-Nehisi Coates is from Baltimore City, and was an elementary school kid back then, trying to figure out how to stay alive on those streets.     There are no lies coming from his mouth.     

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

If the left can successfully convince our black population that they are not capable and in need of protection, that is a win for them. 

That is a common racist belief.   Nothing that is going on is attempting to convince black people that they are not capable or in need of protection.   That might be how a racist sees it, since a racist will implicitly believe that whites are intellectually and even morally superior to blacks.  

Policies such as affirmative action are meant to open "white" eyes to the fact that since the beginning of time, black people are just as good as we are.    These policies are in place to educate the power structure, not those who have been historically oppressed.  They already know the deal.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Well, Kid, that is predicable. We are dealing with hate filled people who just have to find something to attack on.

No ..... but you "created something to attack"!

In this topic even something as silly as the Russians helping the slave owners.

And that's what you "created to attack" as no such comment was ever made.

You made that up ..... and then attacked your own made up creation!!!

It is impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make each and every decision based on the need to find something to hate in others.

No .... it's impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make things up!

True - so I shall give up trying to have a rarional discussion with you.

Actually, you "gave up rational discussion" with your made up accusatory comment about Russians and slave owners!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

worth repeating. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors