Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

Message 41 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

If the left can successfully convince our black population that they are not capable and in need of protection, that is a win for them. 

That is a common racist belief.   Nothing that is going on is attempting to convince black people that they are not capable or in need of protection.   That might be how a racist sees it, since a racist will implicitly believe that whites are intellectually and even morally superior to blacks.  

When pols talk about how much we are going to "do for you" as a race, what is a person to think? It is in the mindset of the elitist liberals who feel that way and hence feel the need to help those they see as lesser. A definition of the racism of the left. It is good hearted, but racist none the less.

Policies such as affirmative action are meant to open "white" eyes to the fact that since the beginning of time, black people are just as good as we are.    These policies are in place to educate the power structure, not those who have been historically oppressed.  They already know the deal.   

When a person gets a class assignment, a job, anything based on their race, that is by it's nature racism. There is no "eyes opening" - it is official bias, pure and simple.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

- so I shall give up trying to have a rarional discussion with you.

Actually, you "gave up rational discussion" with your made up accusatory comment about Russians and slave owners!

Did some rant not include that?? 

Yup ..... Your rant did in fact include your made up accusatory comment about Russians and slave owners ..... as already identified above.

Again, you continue to ask questions for which the answers were already given.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

One more time - the disparity in the heroin sentencing was at the request of the CBC. That should take any element of racist out of the discussion - except for those who see the world through their racism prism. They will ignore that fact.

I am not talking about the "war on drugs" in general. That was as poorly handled as the "war on poverty". I am specifically referring to the claims of racism.

The CBC did not "request" that a vast majority of those arrested and punished would be Blacks. They did not "request the disparity in the heroin sentencing".

The truth is that law enforcement should have focused on the importers, manufacturers, and distributors, (who were more likely to be white), rather than focus on street level users and neighborhood drug dealers, (who were more likely to be black). Some seem to "ignore that fact". 

The claims of racism are based on the fact that it was easy to see that going after street level users and and neighborhood drug dealers in a predominately black area would result in more blacks being arrested and incarcerated. Some seem to also "ignore that fact".

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.

Well, Kid, that is predicable. We are dealing with hate filled people who just have to find something to attack on. In this topic even something as silly as the Russians helping the slave owners.

It is impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make each and every decision based on the need to find something to hate in others. Add to that their amazing racism that they constantly try to direct on to others and you have quite a package.

There was a time that I was annoyed by constantly being called a racist or a Nazi or a White Supremacist - depending on the mood of the day - but then I realized they can't help it. The prism they see our world through twists their vision in truly strange ways.

I can't imagine going through life so consumed by hatred.

Russia is a fascist state under Putin. connect the dots...

...and that relates to what??? Was it the silly comment about the Russians helping the slave owners?

It relates to Politics and Current Events. Trump/Putin bromance, a rise in fascism world wide, slave owners are essentially fascist, Trump sees those good fascists. Read nerdymoms entire article. lol

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 124

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

- so I shall give up trying to have a rarional discussion with you.

Actually, you "gave up rational discussion" with your made up accusatory comment about Russians and slave owners!

Did some rant not include that?? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Interestingly, the actual article is not being discussed.    Was it TL;DR or was the title just oo off-putting so that some resorted to knee-jerk reactions.   

I have no idea what that means. But, to me, the crack comments defined the mindset of the writer. It was a total lie. Either the writer was totally unfamiliar with the topic or hoped the readers didn't.

It's not a lie at all.  Why would you think it is?  The power structure of our country responded to the crack academic as a criminal justice issue.  And instead of focusing on the importers, manufacturers, and distributers, who were more likely to be white, law enforcement focused on arresting street level users and neighborhood drug dealers, who were more likely to be black.   Baltimore City has long been considered the "heroin capital" of the nation, but it wasn't until the mostly white physician community overprescribed pain killers to mostly white patients that we as a society began to focus on drug addiction as a health problem.   There is a legislative and incarceration history there that is undeniable.  It's not a lie. 

One more time - the disparity in the heroin sentencing was at the request of the CBC. That should take any element of racist out of the discussion - except for those who see the world through their racism prism. They will ignore that fact.

I am not talking about the "war on drugs" in general. That was as poorly handled as the "war on poverty". I am specifically referring to the claims of racism.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.

Well, Kid, that is predicable. We are dealing with hate filled people who just have to find something to attack on. In this topic even something as silly as the Russians helping the slave owners.

It is impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make each and every decision based on the need to find something to hate in others. Add to that their amazing racism that they constantly try to direct on to others and you have quite a package.

There was a time that I was annoyed by constantly being called a racist or a Nazi or a White Supremacist - depending on the mood of the day - but then I realized they can't help it. The prism they see our world through twists their vision in truly strange ways.

I can't imagine going through life so consumed by hatred.

Russia is a fascist state under Putin. connect the dots...

...and that relates to what??? Was it the silly comment about the Russians helping the slave owners?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Interestingly, the actual article is not being discussed.    Was it TL;DR or was the title just oo off-putting so that some resorted to knee-jerk reactions.   

I have no idea what that means. But, to me, the crack comments defined the mindset of the writer. It was a total lie. Either the writer was totally unfamiliar with the topic or hoped the readers didn't.

all part of the phony drug war. its well documented, and i have no idea why someone doest put an end to it. most of it is a waste of resources. SOme people just get high, others medicate their miserable existance. its that existance that needs to be focused on, not the drugs.

Is not the crack sentences having been requested by the CBC well documented??

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

rk you brushed up against a point, but conservatism doesnt allow you to fully grasp it. neither can a lot of Dems. Its the ingrined denial of institutional racism. The reason conservatives wont ever get it is because they dont believe anything they read about it and just hollar stuff like "white guilt". you wonder why you can get a discussion, its because all your posts contain discussion enders. 

If i present you with historicl facts on the begining of institutional racism, that is still practiced, and back THAT with facts, at some point i will hear "white guilt" or..something that refers to a fact being "wrong"

When you do that, it makes my point.

O.K. - if it is institutional, is it "Conservative only" institutional? And if it exists, does calling everyone right of Che Guevara Nazis, Kluxers, Fascists, racists. sexists, and the rest of the litany solve the problem?

I personally do believe there is a form of racism that assumes minorities are incapable of taking care of themselves so they need someone to do it for them. When you consider 1960's fixes still in place, that sort of makes the point. 

So, is that institutional racism really the racism of the left?

welfre to an extent is just a bad patch for a real problem. and yes Dems have to own that too when nothing is being done to mitigate the problem. thats what institutional MEANS. But the article very well points out the history of this insideous part of racism.. that which makes it institutional. Im operating from a position that says most dems arent FAR ENOUGH left as far as promoting the general welfare..and that statement doesnt mean a freebie..it goe with pursuit of happiness, all men are created equal. 

It is possible that further left would create more equality. For example, in the USSR, with the exception of the dacha owners, the poverty was pretty equally spread around.

You seem to be accepting that our current "left" have created and maintain the "institutional" aspect, but then you got a bit fuzzy because you don't get to the supposed Conservative involvement in racism.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

I doubt if you read all of it. it moves on from Trump. My thoughts on the author were that they knew what they were talking about. It used many quotes from other sources to back up historical fact.  Are you denying history?

True - I skimmed. When the first thing I saw in the post was, ""His political career began in advocacy of birtherism, that modern recasting of the old American precept that black people are not fit to be citizens of the country they built" I assumed inaccurate bias. So, I skimmed through it and saw more and more of that sort of thing. There was the leftwing lie about his decision to give additional scrutiny to people from nations that Obama said needed additional scrutiny described as a "Muslim ban". Then it distorted (in a leftward direction) the crack sentencing situation.

So, "knew what they were talking about"?? Maybe, but that's not what they wrote.

the article is a tome on some history, that works its way back and forth, comparing the present with the past. Most articles do have a bias; its up to the reader to glean the facts between the bias. I can read a conservative slanted article based on facts ( its rare i find one) . and yeah my panties get twisted but i can learn from facts. Maybe you read half the article, and missed the real point.

I don't know about "tome", there is too much bias and inaccuracies as noted above. For example, calling increased sentencing for crack "racist" is not history, it is not slant, it goes beyond bias - it is a flat out lie. Those increases were requested by the CBC.

why does stuff like that get by you? its not a lie. lol. its part of the phony drug war. was crack bad? is posession posession? white people with cocke get the same sentance?

You apparently missed my last sentence. Why does that stuff get by you? Don't bother - I know the answer. It's like the Fox thing - some see only that which fits the preexisting biases.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.