Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

Message 31 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

That is a common racist belief.   Nothing that is going on is attempting to convince black people that they are not capable or in need of protection.   That might be how a racist sees it, since a racist will implicitly believe that whites are intellectually and even morally superior to blacks.  

When pols talk about how much we are going to "do for you" as a race, what is a person to think? It is in the mindset of the elitist liberals who feel that way and hence feel the need to help those they see as lesser. A definition of the racism of the left. It is good hearted, but racist none the less.

Policies such as affirmative action are meant to open "white" eyes to the fact that since the beginning of time, black people are just as good as we are.    These policies are in place to educate the power structure, not those who have been historically oppressed.  They already know the deal.   

When a person gets a class assignment, a job, anything based on their race, that is by it's nature racism. There is no "eyes opening" - it is official bias, pure and simple.

Nope.  Racists see minorities as lesser, and apparently assume everyone else does, too.    

People who want to fight racism see it as leveling the playing field for all.   

Affirmative action is not bias.  It's dismantling the bias that's already there.   

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 124

Not a lie.    Blacks get harsher criminal sentences than whites, for committing the same crimes and for having the same criminal histories.   

This is institutional racism and why we need to fight it.    And if you don't fight it, you are contributing to it.  

http://projects.heraldtribune.com/bias/sentencing/

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1985377

http://www.sentencingproject.org/issues/racial-disparity/

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The truth is that law enforcement should have focused on the importers, manufacturers, and distributors, (who were more likely to be white), rather than focus on street level users and neighborhood drug dealers, (who were more likely to be black). Some seem to "ignore that fact". 

I would have preferred to see the users (a race neutral word) as the main target. No customers, no business. 

well then, i guess your approach includes bigger and more private prisons. you just said you like this idea : If 1 person is supplying 100 users, its cheaper and more effective to put 100 users in jail than it is one dealer. so 100 people have felonies and cant get a job because of that. see, this is the beginning of a horrible part of the wage slavery system.

who is making drug victims here? OR.. do you see all drug users ( that would be me by the way since my back meds of 10 years were criminalized, taken away, and now i live here)  as criminals that need to be jailed and painted with the felon brush? the felon rush that..A guy out west can be jailed for pot, charged with a felony, go fight wildfires as a prisoner seveal times over for a buck an hour..then be denied an application at the fire dept?

big picture, man.

its my day off i probably wont keep up. I dont get paid for saturday.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 124

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

One more time - the disparity in the heroin sentencing was at the request of the CBC. That should take any element of racist out of the discussion - except for those who see the world through their racism prism. They will ignore that fact.

I am not talking about the "war on drugs" in general. That was as poorly handled as the "war on poverty". I am specifically referring to the claims of racism.

The CBC did not "request" that a vast majority of those arrested and punished would be Blacks. They did not "request the disparity in the heroin sentencing".

The truth is that law enforcement should have focused on the importers, manufacturers, and distributors, (who were more likely to be white), rather than focus on street level users and neighborhood drug dealers, (who were more likely to be black). Some seem to "ignore that fact". 

The claims of racism are based on the fact that it was easy to see that going after street level users and and neighborhood drug dealers in a predominately black area would result in more blacks being arrested and incarcerated. Some seem to also "ignore that fact".

Actually - the CBC was "fed" medically incorrect lies and bogus information from white racist republicans that supported the continuance of the "drug war".

Typical of lying racist republican scum that advocated for the drug war from Nixon on...

Like Sessions - they are convinced that they are correct - even though their actual fact-based medical/pharmacological knowledge is no more recent and based upon actual research than the knowledge god gave a kumquat in the year 1930...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.

Well, Kid, that is predicable. We are dealing with hate filled people who just have to find something to attack on. In this topic even something as silly as the Russians helping the slave owners.

It is impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make each and every decision based on the need to find something to hate in others. Add to that their amazing racism that they constantly try to direct on to others and you have quite a package.

There was a time that I was annoyed by constantly being called a racist or a Nazi or a White Supremacist - depending on the mood of the day - but then I realized they can't help it. The prism they see our world through twists their vision in truly strange ways.

I can't imagine going through life so consumed by hatred.

Russia is a fascist state under Putin. connect the dots...

...and that relates to what??? Was it the silly comment about the Russians helping the slave owners?

It relates to Politics and Current Events. Trump/Putin bromance, a rise in fascism world wide, slave owners are essentially fascist, Trump sees those good fascists. Read nerdymoms entire article. lol

?????????????????????????

yeah..i realize that too. sometimes i go above my adversary in debate. think institutional racism/fascism. think about nationalists..putin..poland Trump visited..too bad you cant connect the dots.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 124

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

- so I shall give up trying to have a rarional discussion with you.

Actually, you "gave up rational discussion" with your made up accusatory comment about Russians and slave owners!

Did some rant not include that?? 

Yup ..... Your rant did in fact include your made up accusatory comment about Russians and slave owners ..... as already identified above.

Again, you continue to ask questions for which the answers were already given.

It wasn't me that brought up anything about the Russians and slave owners. I only mentioned another poster's rant on the subject.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 124

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

One more time - the disparity in the heroin sentencing was at the request of the CBC. That should take any element of racist out of the discussion - except for those who see the world through their racism prism. They will ignore that fact.

I am not talking about the "war on drugs" in general. That was as poorly handled as the "war on poverty". I am specifically referring to the claims of racism.

The CBC did not "request" that a vast majority of those arrested and punished would be Blacks. They did not "request the disparity in the heroin sentencing".

They did. Due to the effect of crack on the black community, they asked for additional actions to curb it. Longer sentencing was thought to help that effort.

Yes, the "war on drugs" was about as effective as the "war on poverty". But that has nothing to do with the CBC request. 

I would have preferred to see the users (a race neutral word) as the main target. No customers, no business. 

The claims of racism are based on the fact that it was easy to see that going after street level users and and neighborhood drug dealers in a predominately black area would result in more blacks being arrested and incarcerated. Some seem to also "ignore that fact".

The only fact being ignored is the desires of the CBC.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.

Well, Kid, that is predicable. We are dealing with hate filled people who just have to find something to attack on. In this topic even something as silly as the Russians helping the slave owners.

It is impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make each and every decision based on the need to find something to hate in others. Add to that their amazing racism that they constantly try to direct on to others and you have quite a package.

There was a time that I was annoyed by constantly being called a racist or a Nazi or a White Supremacist - depending on the mood of the day - but then I realized they can't help it. The prism they see our world through twists their vision in truly strange ways.

I can't imagine going through life so consumed by hatred.

Russia is a fascist state under Putin. connect the dots...

...and that relates to what??? Was it the silly comment about the Russians helping the slave owners?

It relates to Politics and Current Events. Trump/Putin bromance, a rise in fascism world wide, slave owners are essentially fascist, Trump sees those good fascists. Read nerdymoms entire article. lol

?????????????????????????

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
rk posted..

But, to me, the crack comments defined the mindset of the writer. It was a total lie. Either the writer was totally unfamiliar with the topic or hoped the readers didn't.

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Its articles like the one that started this thread that shows the hate for Trump and the left's inability to understand that most articles they post as fact are not....but it makes them feel better...and the left group of about 8 click their heels and kudo each other.

An excellent point. Racism, drugs, poverty, etc. have been going on for a long, long time. To try to focus attention on the current occupant of the White House indicates a greater interest in partisanship than in the lives of people. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@afisher wrote:

Interestingly, the actual article is not being discussed.    Was it TL;DR or was the title just oo off-putting so that some resorted to knee-jerk reactions.   

I have no idea what that means. But, to me, the crack comments defined the mindset of the writer. It was a total lie. Either the writer was totally unfamiliar with the topic or hoped the readers didn't.

It's not a lie at all.  Why would you think it is?  The power structure of our country responded to the crack academic as a criminal justice issue.  And instead of focusing on the importers, manufacturers, and distributers, who were more likely to be white, law enforcement focused on arresting street level users and neighborhood drug dealers, who were more likely to be black.   Baltimore City has long been considered the "heroin capital" of the nation, but it wasn't until the mostly white physician community overprescribed pain killers to mostly white patients that we as a society began to focus on drug addiction as a health problem.   There is a legislative and incarceration history there that is undeniable.  It's not a lie. 

worth repeating. 

I'm sorry I didn't fully read through the responses before posting.  I have just now seen yours and alferdpacker's.  

I worked in the Baltimore City Jail during the height of the crack epidemic in Baltimore City.   I saw it first hand.  I worked with the police, and the judges, and the warden.   I know what they were thinking and trying to do.   They told me a million times.    I know how the defense lawyers talked about people.   How the prosecutors did.  I watched the power structure use and abuse people, powerless people, for their own gain.   

Ta-Nehisi Coates is from Baltimore City, and was an elementary school kid back then, trying to figure out how to stay alive on those streets.     There are no lies coming from his mouth.     

When one states that the differing sentencing standards for heroin is racist - that is a lie.

Surely you can understand how someone growing up within the horrible system that the "war on poverty" created would see things differently - that is not a matter of lying, it is a matter of perception.

However, one having grown up outside of that environment seizing on those perceptions could well be lying.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.