Kudos
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

Message 91 of 124

@nyadrn wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

I don't think everyone who voted for him is racist, but I do think everyone who voted for him at least overlooked his racism. And we must stop overlooking it.

But this underscores that unless we proactively work to dismantle structural racism, we are contributing to it. Being passive is not good enough.  

One thing that my party needs to learn and accept is that one adult will not accept being told what to do, what to think, what to believe, or how to vote, by another adult.  Trying to do that practically guarantees failure.   Approach is everything.  Think about it. 

Maybe your party doesn't listen to Limblah, Hannity or Coulter.....who are constantly telling their listeners, what to do, what to think, what to believe.....

I think that's another well worn topic

So is dodging the point.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

When I see people deny that structural, institutional racism still exists, it just makes me think they must feel really insecure about their abilities to compete on a completely level playing field.   Cripplingly insecure.   

There is truth in that. There are people that insist on the need to assign students college slots, for example, based on their race, because they are unable to compete equally.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.

I doubt if you read all of it. it moves on from Trump. My thoughts on the author were that they knew what they were talking about. It used many quotes from other sources to back up historical fact.  Are you denying history?

True - I skimmed. When the first thing I saw in the post was, ""His political career began in advocacy of birtherism, that modern recasting of the old American precept that black people are not fit to be citizens of the country they built" I assumed inaccurate bias. So, I skimmed through it and saw more and more of that sort of thing. There was the leftwing lie about his decision to give additional scrutiny to people from nations that Obama said needed additional scrutiny described as a "Muslim ban". Then it distorted (in a leftward direction) the crack sentencing situation.

So, "knew what they were talking about"?? Maybe, but that's not what they wrote.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 124

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
rk posted..

It is impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make each and every decision based on the need to find something to hate in others. Add to that their amazing racism that they constantly try to direct on to others and you have quite a package.

There was a time that I was annoyed by constantly being called a racist or a Nazi or a White Supremacist - depending on the mood of the day - but then I realized they can't help it. The prism they see our world through twists their vision in truly strange ways.

I can't imagine going through life so consumed by hatred.

====================================================

I feel sorry for people that continue to post their hate.

It's one thing to disagree with Trump on his policies but the same 6 or so posters continue to show day after day with their posts that they have one thing in their minds...post their hate of Trump and then kudo each other. They are doing there best to get posters that are not in their "hate Trump camp" to leave this board...and its working.

People who call attention to the hate expressed by the Trumpettes and in neoRepublican policies pushed by Der Trumper are not expressing hatred. Lemontop is pathetic, hardly an object of hatred. His leadership of America into a crypto-Nazi state supporting Nazis and KKK as morally equivalent to those who protest the glorification of Jim Crow, now THAT is fully deserving of hatred, as are those who join in supporting his veneration of Hitlerites and desire to make White America great again.

You want a discussion of issues? Okay - what will the neoRepublicans offer to replace Obamacare? Who will receive the benefits from the Trump tax "reform" and who will pay for those benefits?

Keep on making Nazi references, they are all the rage among the compassionate thoughtful class. The conservatives will thank you for the votes.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The article is full of hateful opinion...typical of Trump haters. It's also very racist.

Well, Kid, that is predicable. We are dealing with hate filled people who just have to find something to attack on.

No ..... but you "created something to attack"!

In this topic even something as silly as the Russians helping the slave owners.

And that's what you "created to attack" as no such comment was ever made.

You made that up ..... and then attacked your own made up creation!!!

It is impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make each and every decision based on the need to find something to hate in others.

No .... it's impossible to have an intellectual discussion with people who make things up!

Add to that their amazing racism that they constantly try to direct on to others and you have quite a package.

A created made up package!

There was a time that I was annoyed by constantly being called a racist or a Nazi or a White Supremacist - depending on the mood of the day - but then I realized they can't help it.

Who called you that rk?

The prism they see our world through twists their vision in truly strange ways.

Actually, you're defining the prism through which you wrote this post and all its accusatory made up statements!!!

I can't imagine going through life so consumed by hatred.

Your unquestionable support of Trump, defending all his vile and disgusting actions, suggests otherwise rk!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
NerdyMom posted..

When I see people deny that structural, institutional racism still exists, it just makes me think they must feel really insecure about their abilities to compete on a completely level playing field. Cripplingly insecure.

and...

There is no hate here, other than hatred of racism. Don't you hate that too? If you don't, you should.

===============================================

You have gone off topic.

I do not know or see anyone on this board that condones racism. But many say Trump is a racist which is left wing hate...its opinion and it does not bode well for our country.

Yes, racism does exist and with the posts on this board posters are trying to are stir the pot of racism. And they seem to thrive on that...very sad but very true.

I didn't go off topic. You did. And RK. And easyed. By criticizing the author and the posters here. Nothing of substance about Coates' article.  I was responding to your ad hominem attacks.  

Talking about racism doesn't "stir the pot." It just makes racists feel insecure about their status. So they HATE HATE HATE these discussions. 

I have yet to see you condemn racism.  Why is that? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 124

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@nyadrn wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

I don't think everyone who voted for him is racist, but I do think everyone who voted for him at least overlooked his racism. And we must stop overlooking it.

But this underscores that unless we proactively work to dismantle structural racism, we are contributing to it. Being passive is not good enough.  

One thing that my party needs to learn and accept is that one adult will not accept being told what to do, what to think, what to believe, or how to vote, by another adult.  Trying to do that practically guarantees failure.   Approach is everything.  Think about it. 

Maybe your party doesn't listen to Limblah, Hannity or Coulter.....who are constantly telling their listeners, what to do, what to think, what to believe.....

I think that's another well worn topic

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 124

@nyadrn wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 124

@KidBoy2 wrote:
NerdyMom posted..

When I see people deny that structural, institutional racism still exists, it just makes me think they must feel really insecure about their abilities to compete on a completely level playing field. Cripplingly insecure.

and...

There is no hate here, other than hatred of racism. Don't you hate that too? If you don't, you should.

===============================================

You have gone off topic.

I do not know or see anyone on this board that condones racism. But many say Trump is a racist which is left wing hate...its opinion and it does not bode well for our country.

Yes, racism does exist and with the posts on this board posters are trying to are stir the pot of racism. And they seem to thrive on that...very sad but very true.

"Stir the pot of racism"....a typical far-right, white nationalist POV.  Some think if we ignore it it just goes away.  But the facts are that every time the light is turned on, the racists come out from under the floorboards and attack those who address the issue....straight on.  If they weren't so racist, they would simply call it out, condemn the act/action and then move on; but they have to attack the posters and call it "stirring the pot".  Facing one's own vices is courageous not "stirring the pot".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

There is no hate here, other than hatred of racism.  Don't you hate that too?  If you don't, you should.    

100% accurate, NerdyMom!  And if they did, they would.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors