Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump, the First White President

Message 1 of 124

Thanks everyone for your contributions. This thread is now locked.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

speech.jpg

Yep, they have shorts in their circuits.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 124

speech.jpg

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

There was another interesting thought offered by a racist liberal that Conservatives get upset over a "level playing field". Yet, are not assignments based on race on playing field unlevelers?

Wow, you've called me a liar and a racist in this thread.  I've always refrained from calling you names.  I expect the same in return.   But if you want to go low-rent like that, so be it.   You must feel really threatened by equality.

I like the comment on govt and private placement. When i took tests  them, you got points for being minority, female, and veteran. I never missed the job I was applying for, I just got more points. In my first juco, I met a Black kid..real smart too from the ghetto. He was taking agriculture, an i asked why..he said he always liked growing things in his neighborhood. The dept of Agriculture has trouble getting black farmers to trust white agents down south..smart guy. Same thing happens in other areas, but thats not racist, thats looking for a more effective employee. People against these kinds of systems are delusional.

The "history of MIseker" is fascinating as is the distrust of black farmers but, as to the topic - is giving a job to a person based on their race not racist and certainly not a "level playing field"?

You said "delusional" - is a "color blind" approach "delusional"??

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

There was another interesting thought offered by a racist liberal that Conservatives get upset over a "level playing field". Yet, are not assignments based on race on playing field unlevelers?

Wow, you've called me a liar and a racist in this thread.  I've always refrained from calling you names.  I expect the same in return.   But if you want to go low-rent like that, so be it.   You must feel really threatened by equality.

I like the comment on govt and private placement. When i took tests  them, you got points for being minority, female, and veteran. I never missed the job I was applying for, I just got more points. In my first juco, I met a Black kid..real smart too from the ghetto. He was taking agriculture, an i asked why..he said he always liked growing things in his neighborhood. The dept of Agriculture has trouble getting black farmers to trust white agents down south..smart guy. Same thing happens in other areas, but thats not racist, thats looking for a more effective employee. People against these kinds of systems are delusional.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 124

@NerdyMom wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I named no one. However, let's look at that. How do Consrvatives get upset over a level playing field when it is the other side of the equation that unlevels through assignments by race? It would appear that we get "upset" not by a level playing field but by government unleveling.

Speaking of name calling - what do you think about calling Conservatives Nazis and Kluxers??

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 124

@MIseker wrote:
People against a level playing field get beat on it. I've heard it since the 60's. I just scored better on the tests, never had one problem.

I have no idea what that means. Please allow me to clarify the issue. When  the government decides that a person must get a placement, a job, a promotion based on their race, I would say that is the government making the playing field unlevel - do we agree?

If not, please say why - not what you've heard in the past. Let's make it about you and me and now.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 124

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 124
People against a level playing field get beat on it. I've heard it since the 60's. I just scored better on the tests, never had one problem.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 124

@MIseker wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Just a fact:

Those who vehemently deny racism and institutional racism are very often racists themselves.

Exactly what I have been saying about the racist prism of the left. Because of it, they are unable to see the inherent racism is assigning classroom seats, jobs, promotions, anything based on race.

That is the institutional racism inherent in our government (and the minds of Liberal) for a long, long time.

Fortunately for rational adults - republican/conservative racist dog-whistling/projection is easily recognized...

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Just a fact:

Those who vehemently deny racism and institutional racism are very often racists themselves.

Exactly what I have been saying about the racist prism of the left. Because of it, they are unable to see the inherent racism is assigning classroom seats, jobs, promotions, anything based on race.

That is the institutional racism inherent in our government (and the minds of Liberal) for a long, long time.

Fortunately for rational adults - republican/conservative racist dog-whistling/projection is easily recognized...

And unfortunately for the irrational, they have run out of bullets. I think we have seen just about every alt right talking point over the last month or so, and have been called everything up to and including race traitors. Any further is just a repeat of old stuff with new nouns and adjectives; the meme is the same. 

Interesting, a meaningless bulletin and an lengthier set of words that simply avoids the issue of the inherent racism of assuming a black (or other minority or woman) simply must be assigned a place or a position by the government since they are unable to hack it on their own.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.