Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump team cooking the books

Message 1 of 5

As I posted yesterday from Forbes:

this first set of economic assumptions and the resulting phony deficit will be fake news – lies, in other... – from Trump. Most other credible economists – including from Wall Street, the Congressional Budget Office and the Federal Reserve – either will disagree with Trump outright or, to be diplomatic, will say that what the White House is assuming is in the extreme upper range of what’s acceptable.

But let’s be clear: Unless he issues an executive order repealing the laws of economics and budgeting or Congress reject...

Trump’s use of this budget voodoo was both totally predictable and predicted.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2017/02/19/trumps-very-dark-budget-black-magic-began-last-...

With partial information about DHS plan- the GOP are going to have to expend millions if not billions on temporary jails for their immigrant round up.    Because despite all the "we can just deport them" claim, there are laws in this nation regarding the treatment of everyone, including immigrants.   GOP seem to believe that deportation is cost free.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 5

@Richva wrote:

Trump reminds me of the guy that would say anything to get something off his desk. Now they are putting together a budget with a really lousy economic plan and desperately need 3.5% growth to make it all work.  Since the current prediction is 2% at best, you are about to see a work of fiction head to Congress along with a huge increase in the deficit. I don't hate Trump. I hate the dishonesty.  

the Trump transition team instead ordered CEA staffers to predict sustained economic growth of 3 to 3.5 percent. The staffers were then directed to backfill all the other numbers in their models to produce these growth rates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-trump-team-is-already-cooking-the-books/2017/02/20/a7939...

Per David Stockman, raygun did the same. look how his deficiet turned out.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 5

And add to that a supplemental or emergency spending bill that Paul Ryan wants to push through Congress to pay for Trump's border wall. This goes on the credit card and directly to the deficit. Fortunately in the Senate, this idea is not being well received. Push-back coming from many senior Senators including McCain, Cornyn, and Corker.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politics/border-wall-republicans/

Senator John Cornyn (R-TX) chairs the Judiciary Committee that is responsible for immigration and border security. He has been on the border in recent days, and talking to constituents. Not only is there push-back on the wall, but also on the ripping up of NAFTA, and taxing Mexican imports. This would have devasting effects on economies of both Texas and Mexico, and significant job loss. See more here . . .

http://www.elpasotimes.com/story/news/2017/01/27/cornyn-criticizes-trumps-border-initiatives/9713744...

In this case, I agree and find some common ground with Senator Cornyn. Can't say that happens a lot, but will give him credit if he holds to it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 5

Of course Trump "cooks the books", it's basically lying and that's what liars do. I'm sure he "cooked the books" as a business man, and I expect nothing different from him and his entire administration.  I also "hate the dishonesty".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump team cooking the books

Message 5 of 5

Trump reminds me of the guy that would say anything to get something off his desk. Now they are putting together a budget with a really lousy economic plan and desperately need 3.5% growth to make it all work.  Since the current prediction is 2% at best, you are about to see a work of fiction head to Congress along with a huge increase in the deficit. I don't hate Trump. I hate the dishonesty.  

the Trump transition team instead ordered CEA staffers to predict sustained economic growth of 3 to 3.5 percent. The staffers were then directed to backfill all the other numbers in their models to produce these growth rates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-trump-team-is-already-cooking-the-books/2017/02/20/a7939...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors