Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump takes Govt Hostage

Message 1 of 11

@rk9152 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump made the government his hostage for his vanity wall and the results were atrocious for him. For the first time, we're beginning to see cracks in what was previously 100% support. We're finally beginning to see Republican Senators speak out. How far will this go? It remains to be seen.

The physical barrier is for border security. He and Pelosi  could not agree and the budgetary process became a bipartisan pawn. 

It's really quite easy to understand.

Yep - trump is a liar - over 8000 lies since the first one when he was sworn in and swore to protect and defend the Constitution - something he never intended to do...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 11

For the twenty millionth time, the GAO has two reports on border fencing and mandates that Customs and Border Patrol shpwmexactly how it helps them do their job.

Has not happened.

building more border fencing is premature at best and misfeasance at worst.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 11

The physical barrier that enhances border security has already been built.

The one lil donny wants is for his EGO.

The $5.7Billion will pay for equipment and personnel that WILL secure the border

If lil donny wants it that bad, he can pay for it himself ('cept he's BROKE)

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 11

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Trump made the government his hostage for his vanity wall and the results were atrocious for him. For the first time, we're beginning to see cracks in what was previously 100% support. We're finally beginning to see Republican Senators speak out. How far will this go? It remains to be seen.

The physical barrier is for border security. He and Pelosi  could not agree and the budgetary process became a bipartisan pawn. 

It's really quite easy to understand.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump takes Govt Hostage

Message 5 of 11

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 11

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

lil donny can hear the dogs baying as the posse closes in on him. So he takes the Government hostage and threatens to kill it unless Mueller gives up the hunt.

Will he make good on his threat? Absolutely! He already did it to 800,000 Government workers and 2,000,000 contract workers just so we'd know he had no problem destroying the lives of MILLIONS of others to protect his own.

Will Regressives come to their senses and keep the Government functioning without the Twit-In-Chief, or will they once again cede all power to the ADHD 6 year-old they (and the KGB) put in the WhiteHouse?

Looks like we'll find out - just remember it's not the 6 year-old's fault. The fault lies with those who gave him the power.

Relax, be calm, smile - Obama took the same hostages, Clinton took the same hostages, Daddy Bush and Reagan took the same hostages.

So, feel free to go out and enjoy the sunshine - all is well.

BTW - as a former fed I experienced shutdowns and my life was not ruined, in fact it is quite good.

Spoken like a true Republican - No, spoken like a true rational person. Despite your "chicken little" whines (as I pointed out) we have survived shutdowns in the past. Unless you consider each and every shut down as "taking the government hostage" your point is pointless. Unless each of the other Presidents had ADHD, were six years old and installed by Russia - again, your point is pointless.

BTW - government contractors are generally well paid. Do you have any stats about them living paycheck to paycheck or can that be added to the extensive list of "those" facts.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 11

@Panjandrum wrote:

rk9152:  

BTW - as a former fed I experienced shutdowns and my life was not ruined, in fact it is quite good.

There are days when I feel sure you have a bird's eye view of the back of your molars.

Except for satisfying the need to be insulting, what has that to do with my words?

And, any thoughts on, "Relax, be calm, smile - Obama took the same hostages, Clinton took the same hostages, Daddy Bush and Reagan took the same hostages.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 11

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

lil donny can hear the dogs baying as the posse closes in on him. So he takes the Government hostage and threatens to kill it unless Mueller gives up the hunt.

Will he make good on his threat? Absolutely! He already did it to 800,000 Government workers and 2,000,000 contract workers just so we'd know he had no problem destroying the lives of MILLIONS of others to protect his own.

Will Regressives come to their senses and keep the Government functioning without the Twit-In-Chief, or will they once again cede all power to the ADHD 6 year-old they (and the KGB) put in the WhiteHouse?

Looks like we'll find out - just remember it's not the 6 year-old's fault. The fault lies with those who gave him the power.

Relax, be calm, smile - Obama took the same hostages, Clinton took the same hostages, Daddy Bush and Reagan took the same hostages.

Spoken like a true Republican - YOU suffered no PERSONAL discomfort, so NOBODY should complain. But its doubtful you missed 2 paychecks, and definately got back pay, perhaps at overtime rates if you weren't furloughed. But those 2,000,000 contract workers will NEVER get back the money they lost over 31 days, and since most of them are living paycheck to paycheck, their lives were trashed by donny's tanTrump because Rush said bad things about him.

What GOPers don't want to talk about is the problems they created for farmers who could not get the crop reports they need to figure out what to plant, which is not a small thing for farmers but of no concern to Trump or his supporters.

Now lil donny is threatening to STOP the work of Government if anyone dares try and expose his vast criminal empire and extensive Russian indebtedness.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 11

rk9152:  

There are days when I feel sure you have a bird's eye view of the back of your molars.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 11

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors