From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump supporters march in NC.

Message 31 of 55

Strange that someone is obsessed with NAZI Germany and keeps bringing it up in many discussions.  Yes, this is about North Carolina and not Germany.

Is it against the law for Trump supporters to march in North Carolina? 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 55

Yeah - what about those "dudes" in NC?

How many of them have had DNA testing to determine the actual genetic origins of their ancestry?

Do they have the courage to find out whether or not their ancestry is somewhat like that of Craig Cobb? 

Are they poseurs, or the real thing?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 55

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A group of people protesting the taking of their heritage - no smashing of windows, no masks or bandannas, no destroying police cars, no physical assault on anyone - and they are attacked by posters who support such actions when the speaker has a different message.

"Crazy as Trump" - what has President Trump to do with this event??

People, all this out on the fringe stuff is not good for our Nation.

And here is another group of people protesting the taking of THEIR HERITAGE with no smashing of windows, no masks or bandannas, no destroying of police cars, and no physical assault on anyone.

Too bad not enough people physically attacked this speaker who had a different message......... until 11,000,000 were dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu7n0_gVgTc

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A group of people protesting the taking of their heritage - no smashing of windows, no masks or bandannas, no destroying police cars, no physical assault on anyone - and they are attacked by posters who support such actions when the speaker has a different message.

And here is another group of people protesting the taking of THEIR HERITAGE with no smashing of windows, no masks or bandannas, no destroying of police cars, and no physical assault on anyone.

Too bad not enough people physically attacked this speaker who had a different message......... until 11,000,000 were dead.

You are losing focus again. The subject is a coupla dozen dudes in NC not Nazi Germany. Did you happen to notice the size of the crowd in your film clip? A lot more than a coupla dozen.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 55

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--trump is involved because these idiots are his supporters.

If you agree that this "out on the fringe stuff" isn't good for our nation, why do you continue to support these Alt.Right racists?

They truly are the lowest and worst "fringe of our society."

First of all, "alt-right" is a rather ambiguous term. Complain to Richard Spencer who coined the term.  Was he ambiguous?

1) not "complaining", just pointing out; 2) as far as I know he is not posting here so I address my posts to me fellow posters.

To some it means, "Those people I hate" with little or no further definition.  I'm betting most Americans have disdain for the National White Supremecist organization.  You sound as if you embrace them.

That is rather offensive, based on what??

Second, who is the racist I support?? Apparently Richard Spencer.  You sure want to run to his defense quite often.  When was that?

Again, definition of terms is important. Sure they are, just like the term "blind-hatred"....or does that one not count? Please focus, "blind hatred" is another topic. As you may recall I tried to start an open, honest discussion on the subject of racism and....well, you saw the results.  Yep, filled with many false premises as is frequently the case. All subject to debate but some were afraid to discuss the issue claiming it was "baiting" others just went the "insult" route.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

Ridiculous notion--a person's heritage can not be stolen.

This is the language of hate mongering white supremacists.

A person's heritage can be stolen in many ways.  One by erasing all trace of it from history.  That is being done in many respects here in this country.  Another is to keep others from even speaking about it, which seems to be happening again in this country.  Or by hiding any public indication of it.  This is done by politically correctly changing or ignoring history.  One only has to look at the actions of the Nazis in Germany and the communists in the Soviet Union.  And it is now happening here in our country.

Or by labeling one disagrees with as hate mongers.  There are many ways to take away one's heritage.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

If you agree that this "out on the fringe stuff" isn't good for our nation, why do you continue to support these Alt.Right racists?

First of all, "alt-right" is a rather ambiguous term. Complain to Richard Spencer who coined the term.  Was he ambiguous?

To some it means, "Those people I hate" with little or no further definition.  I'm betting most Americans have disdain for the National White Supremecist organization.  You sound as if you embrace them.

Second, who is the racist I support?? Apparently Richard Spencer.  You sure want to run to his defense quite often.  Again, definition of terms is important. Sure they are, just like the term "blind-hatred"....or does that one not count? As you may recall I tried to start an open, honest discussion on the subject of racism and....well, you saw the results.  Yep, filled with many false premises as is frequently the case.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

First of all, "alt-right" is a rather ambiguous term. To some it means, "Those people I hate" with little or no further definition.

Second, who is the racist I support?? Again, definition of terms is important. As you may recall I tried to start an open, honest discussion on the subject of racism and....well, you saw the results.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 55

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Yep, you're right ........... chanting Nazi Slogans and pro Russia phrases aren't "good for our nation".

Defend it if you like.

Easy - the term was, "ALL this out on the fringe stuff.......".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 55

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Having participated in a number of  anti-denier, pro women, anti-trump marches and one town hall with a group of really angry constituents, I can say I have not seen any of what you claim is normal activity for the anti-trump, pro science forces.  One would think that you might be presentng alternative facts.  

Surely you are not taking a position of, "This group wasn't violent so that group wasn't violent".

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors