Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump supporters march in NC.

Message 11 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

Matthew1:1-17- tells us that Jesus was a Jew.  Based on  historical knowledge of what other Jews in the area look like at the time,  it can easily be inferred that Jesus had dark hair dark eyes and was dark complexioned.  This hypothesis is supported by the fact that Jesus would often disappear for periods of time when he needed to get away, letting us know that he could blend in with the crowd of dark-haired,  dark eyed, and dark complexioned people.

Your passage gives the genealogy of Jesus from Abraham.  There is nothing said about his ethnic make-up.  As I posted previously the book of Samuel gives a brief description of David.  But one couldn't say that was typical of his contemporaries.  But if one was to make an assumption, I would venture to say his complexion would be close to that of King Hussein of Jordan, albeit darker because of spending time outside.

As far as his being in crowds, do you not think that being the Son of God he could have done so without being seen?  And that he disappeared to commune with God?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 55

Matthew1:1-17- tells us that Jesus was a Jew.  Based on  historical knowledge of what other Jews in the area look like at the time,  it can easily be inferred that Jesus had dark hair dark eyes and was dark complexioned.  This hypothesis is supported by the fact that Jesus would often disappear for periods of time when he needed to get away, letting us know that he could blend in with the crowd of dark-haired,  dark eyed, and dark complexioned people.

To this day people from the area of the world where Jesus was born have dark hair, dark eyes, and a dark complexioned.

The difference between your father and people who were born in the Middle East is that when people from the Middle East stay inside for long periods of time, the darkness does not turn back into lily white. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

we would remember that Jesus Christ was born on the African continent. We will remember that the Bible tells us that he had dark eyes, dark hair,  and was dark complexioned.  

--

Could you direct me to where the Bible describes Jesus?   I don't recall in my many studies of the New Testament where his physical features are described.  There was a description of the young King David back in the book of Samuel when he was a shepherd as having a dark complexion, but then again my Dad also had a dark complexion since he mostly worked outside most his life.  I've known many like that.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 55

AP-- Now, if we wanted to wax religious on this topic, we would remember that Jesus Christ was born on the African continent. We will remember that the Bible tells us that he had dark eyes, dark hair,  and was dark complexioned.  

Looking at his place of birth and his physical characteristics, it is very very easy to draw the conclusion that Jesus Christ had sub-Saharan genetics and, may have very well been black.

I've always thought that those facts were quite comical when considering white supremacists and their reactions to such a reasonable conclusion. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

Tx-- You  were overlooking one huge difference, Democrats, Liberals, and Pro gressives do not March with the intent to spread hate and divisiveness.   It is certainly not the march, but rather, the intent of the march.

You actually reinforced what I posted.  Wouldn't placing derogatory labels on others be spreading hate and divisiveness?  Can you say that AII of those don't march with the intent to inflame?  Can you say that ALL conservatives, Republicans, etc do march with the intent to inflame?

Do you not think that some of the adjectives to describe Republicans and Trump supporters here isn't used with the intent to inflame?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 55

@alotofgrey wrote:

What march? What supporters? Is this a joke?

Here's one link

Dozens of torch-wielding white supremacists protest removal of Confederate statue.

The question remains - and requires a valid answer - how many of those white supremacists might be like the white supremacist Craig Cobb whose DNA test revealed 14% "Sub-Saharan African Genes?

The world wants to see your/their bona-fides...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 55

Tx-- You  were overlooking one huge difference, Democrats, Liberals, and  Progressives do not March with the intent to spread hate and divisiveness.   It is certainly not the march, but rather, the intent of the march.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 55

I guess that only liberals, Democrats, supporters of Democrats, progressives, and their fellow travelers are the only ones allowed to march and demonstrate peacefully?  And those need to have their DNA checked to make sure they don't have any from sub-Saharians?   And throw something in about interracial marriages!!  All this having something to do with "What It Means To Be A Progressive" or 'A-Rod'? 

Don't forget the derogatory labels, which I won't mention, about those who's opinions differ from these above board liberals.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 55

What march? What supporters? Is this a joke?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 55

OMG!  Of course DNA has something to do with the marchers!!

They are white supremacist who are trying to subvert the black heritage and its culture, and all other heritages and cultures of which they don't believe they are a part. 

We really have to be honest about what the agenda of these people is.

Denying why they were formed, and why they march makes the person in denial complicit to their hateful rhetoric and actions. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors