Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump supporters march in NC.

Message 1 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

If you read my post carefully, you will see that although I have read articles in which some have said Christ might be black, I wasn't sure I supported that belief.

Christ was born in Judea, which is on the African continent, not Asian.

AP reminds us both that this thread is about trump supporters, and so I will end.

I've also done a lot of reading and am well familiar with geography, which I put to good use in my military assignments.  I also did missionary work in my off-duty time in the military.  That required biblical studies including place names mentioned.

And of course Christ was born in Judea but his home was in Galilee.  And that's where he started his ministry.  If you would notice Galilee, Judea, and etc is not exactly in Africa, nor Asia.  That is why it's called the middle East.  And Abraham, the 'father' of the Jews was from Ur of the Chaldees.

That would make him more like the Iraqis, etc than African.

And the poster you mentioned is known for going off topics also.  But I'm through with this one.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 55

Nope, just wondering why you are having such a hard time with fact Christ may not have been white.  But your last post tells me that you are aware and accepting of that.

If you read my post carefully, you will see that although I have read articles in which some have said Christ might be black, I wasn't sure I supported that belief.

Christ was born in Judea, which is on the African continent, not Asian.

AP reminds us both that this thread is about trump supporters, and so I will end.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

But my opinion is more from a practical standpoint by looking at peoples from the Palestinian area.    Abraham came from Ur which is now in Iraq. 

The topic is trump supporters marching in the USA.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

tx--Common sense tells me that people from the Middle East, LOCATED ON THE CONTINENT OF AFRICA, looked very much in Jesus's time as they do now.  My theory is supported by looking at the population within these communities today. Do you think that there have been huge changes since Christ's time.

Your position seems to come from trouble realizing that Jesus wasn't white.  Any reason for that??

I am not saying that he was probably white, but saying that neither was he black.  You are thinking of those in Africa proper and not the middle East.  Yet you accuse me of being racist?  My children can claim  DNA as not only being from Europe but from Asia also, could we say from where the Germanic tribes that populated Europe all the way to eastern Asia..  That doesn't sound to me as being racist which is what you are inferring.

But my opinion is more from a practical standpoint by looking at peoples from the Palestinian area.  When I went to school and learning geography, that area was more in the middle Eastern area and not closer to Africa as you are trying to say.  Abraham came from Ur which is now in Iraq. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 55

tx--Common sense tells me that people from the Middle East, LOCATED ON THE CONTINENT OF AFRICA, looked very much in Jesus's time as they do now.  My theory is supported by looking at the population within these communities today. Do you think that there have been huge changes since Christ's time.

Your position seems to come from trouble realizing that Jesus wasn't white.  Any reason for that??

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 55

@afisher wrote:

Where are all of the Alt-Right / White Nationalists comments ?????   Hiding in their white outfits and only come out at night?

Yep - along with cockroaches and other vermin.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

Tx-- You  were overlooking one huge difference, Democrats, Liberals, and Pro gressives do not March with the intent to spread hate and divisiveness.   It is certainly not the march, but rather, the intent of the march.

You actually reinforced what I posted.  Wouldn't placing derogatory labels on others be spreading hate and divisiveness?  Can you say that AII of those don't march with the intent to inflame?  Can you say that ALL conservatives, Republicans, etc do march with the intent to inflame?

Do you not think that some of the adjectives to describe Republicans and Trump supporters here isn't used with the intent to inflame?

Given that no one can read minds - you couldn't say with any degree of accuracy could you?   All you could do is guess...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

Jesus, had dark hair, dark eyes, and a darker complexion. I have read some writings in which biblical scholars have gone so far as to say he was black. 

Common sense tells me that no one knows what Jesus looks like, not even historians.  Again, King Hussein is from around the same area as Jesus, but you want to make him more African.  But I see that since you can't support your theory, you are checking out of the discussion.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 55

Here try this--take a look at Middle Eastern people, born on the African continent. How do they look to you?

Although these people would probably get a bit lighter if they were out of the sun, they would continue to have dark hair, dark eyes, and dark complexion.

However, your theory about the sun and the color of people's  skin does hold some merit. Scientists have found that people who live in dark and warmer areas of the world, tend to have darker skin through the increased production of melanin as a way to screen out the sun's Ill effects,  such as skin cancer. 

Transversely, people who live in cooler areas tend to be lighter to allow more intake of  vitamin D.

For example, people who live in Sicily,  where it is warm, tend to be darker than people who live in northern Italy. 

Puts a real kink in the theory that people with darker skin are inferior though doesn't it? 

Jesus, had dark hair, dark eyes, and a darker complexion. I have read some writings in which biblical scholars have gone so far as to say he was black. 

Don't know if that's true, but common sense tells me that he had dark hair, dark eyes, and a dark complexion. It also tells me that if I kept him inside for four months or so he would still have dark hair, dark eyes, and a dark complexion. 

Have a great day tx! 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 55

Where are all of the Alt-Right / White Nationalists comments ?????   Hiding in their white outfits and only come out at night?

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors