Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump supporters march in NC.

Message 21 of 55

AP--If "heritage" is based on tradition, how is  it we can trace our ancesters back through time using DNA?

A tradition is having lasagna for Christmas each and every year. Heritage drscribes from whence we came.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

As far as DNA it has nothing to do with the marchers in any way.

You posted that it doesn't - I posted that it should.   - 30 -

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 55

@alferdpacker wrote:

Provide links to scientific proof that "heritage" is more "tradition" than actual verified physical and genetic descent.

Just wondering if you could engage in discussions instead of attempting to make them personal and bringing up other topics? 

My expression of 'sins of the fathers' is not necessarily religious but used in other ways.  As far as DNA it has nothing to do with the marchers in any way.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Where is interracial marriage called a "sin" in the New Testament, which you have repeatedly posted is the part of the bible that's intended for Gentiles?

My remark had nothing to do with religion, but of course you threw it in.  It was more of a metaphor about your bringing up DNA, etc.  Of course, based on your past postings yourare aware of your 'heritage'is based on tradition.   I have documentation of mine going back to medieval times.  But heritage is not the topic here.

Further you seem to have a habit of bringing up sub-saharian DNA.  So what's the problem...we all came from the middle-eastern area.

Not true - the reference in your post using the word "sin" is most certainly a primarily religious reference - one that you brought up first.

The concept of "sin" originally came to exist only within the context of religion and nowhere else.

As for your statement as to what the topic is - I was absolutely on topic by suggesting that the right wing/Alt Right/racist marchers in NC use DNA as an additional way to scientifically certify that their "heritage" is more than mere words...

Provide links to scientific proof that "heritage" is more "tradition" than actual verified physical and genetic descent.   

Does that mean that the higher incidence of sickle cell anemia in blacks is more "traditional" than an unfortunate genetic "heritage" of being black?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 55

@alferdpacker wrote:

Where is interracial marriage called a "sin" in the New Testament, which you have repeatedly posted is the part of the bible that's intended for Gentiles?

My remark had nothing to do with religion, but of course you threw it in.  It was more of a metaphor about your bringing up DNA, etc.  Of course, based on your past postings yourare aware of your 'heritage'is based on tradition.   I have documentation of mine going back to medieval times.  But heritage is not the topic here.

Further you seem to have a habit of bringing up sub-saharian DNA.  So what's the problem...we all came from the middle-eastern area.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 55

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

How many of them have had DNA testing to determine the actual genetic origins of their ancestry?

Wonder what DNA testing and genetics has to do with political supporters marching?  Or is it that the 'sins of the father' is destined to be visited upon their descendents?   References to race, racism, racial background, etc appears to be a central theme among liberals, almost could be considered to keep the matter stired up.  Could it be a subconscious freudian slip with those continually bringing it up?

Really?  Where is interracial marriage called a "sin" in the New Testament, which you have repeatedly posted is the part of the bible that's intended for Gentiles?

A subconscious Freudian slip?  Nope not a chance.   I'm well aware of my "heritage"...

I know what percentage of "Sub-Saharan African genes" is in my DNA - for the record, testing indicated that it's an even higher percentage than the 14% of Craig Cobb.  By the old "single drop" rule - that would make me black, wouldn't it?

Those right wing marchers in NC were most emphatically talking about their "heritage", weren't they?

I was suggesting that they additionally provide DNA results to ceritfy their "heritage" in order to verify that none of them were "poseurs"...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 55

@pc6063 wrote:

This should never be a partisan issue.  This is a humanitarian issue.  No group, no race, no ethnicity, no religion is superior to anther.  PERIOD!

--

That is correct.  So why is it that there are some attempting to force their beliefs on others.  Yes, enforce as in insisting the their politically correctness is more equal than others views?   Do you think that calling groups 'idiots' will have any effect on others, besides just name calling and making things worse?  And who is anyone who labels others as 'hate mongers' more innocent than the ones their comments are directed towards? 

Are one not echoing those accusations of hate towards others when they themselves are doing so themselves?  Is that not 'hate mongering' in itself?

As far as denouncing 'stealing of white heritage' then what is all of this in removing all trace of the past where Caucasians are concerned?  Who is the next to go?  Perhaps we should remove all traces of George Washington, who was a slave-holder, and who in fact set a bounty on a slave who escaped when he was in Philadelphia.  She established a life for herself in New Hampshire.

Additionally, perhaps we should do away with the Black heritage where African tribes would sell enemies to slave traders for transport to America?  Where is the blame for them?  Or the actual person, Anthony Johnson..a Black, who was responsible for lifetime servitude being codified into law, basically put on the back burner of history: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Johnson_(colonist) 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 55

tx--You are correct that Hitler and others tried to eradicate the heritage of the Jewish people and others whom they felt were inferior or threathened them.  But, is this, in all reality, happening here? 

What I see is that the trump supporting Alt. Right, a racist, hate mongering group, led by Spencer, is pushing the ridiculous notion that in some way the diversity of people in this country are stealing their "white heritage."  This is clearly a ridiculous statement, used to stir up hatred and division amongst Americans, and for that reason, yes, I will state the truth, which is these people are hate mongers. The very fact that trump does not denounce these idiots, clearly leads all to believe he supports the sickness that they spew.

The point of my sarcasm was to point of the fact that "the stealing of white heritage" is only occurring in the sick minds of people in this racist group and groups like them. These groups need to be called out at all times.  No one should ignore the hate filled messages they try to disseminate, and there should be push back by all.

This should never be a partisan issue.  This is a humanitarian issue.  No group, no race, no ethnicity, no religion is superior to anther.  PERIOD!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 55

How many of them have had DNA testing to determine the actual genetic origins of their ancestry?

Wonder what DNA testing and genetics has to do with political supporters marching?  Or is it that the 'sins of the father' is destined to be visited upon their descendents?   References to race, racism, racial background, etc appears to be a central theme among liberals, almost could be considered to keep the matter stired up.  Could it be a subconscious freudian slip with those continually bringing it up?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 55

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--trump is involved because these idiots are his supporters.

If you agree that this "out on the fringe stuff" isn't good for our nation, why do you continue to support these Alt.Right racists?

They truly are the lowest and worst "fringe of our society."

First of all, "alt-right" is a rather ambiguous term. Complain to Richard Spencer who coined the term.  Was he ambiguous?

1) not "complaining", just pointing out; Is Richard Spencer ambiguous when he say's "I want to bathe in "white privilege"? Or, that he wants to "make white privilege great again".  He's not being "ambiguous", nor is the term "alt-right" for those who understand what he meant by the term. If you don't know, I encourage you to research the term.  

To some it means, "Those people I hate" with little or no further definition.  I'm betting most Americans have disdain for the National White Supremacist organization.  You sound as if you embrace them.

That is rather offensive, based on what??  Have you ever expressed any outrage about the group here on this forum?  Have you ever expressed any concern about racist or antiSemitic behavior in this country in any topic?

Again, definition of terms is important. Sure they are, just like the term "blind-hatred"....or does that one not count? Please focus, "blind hatred" is another topic. Oh, wait!  That doesn't count because that's another topic, where you ignored the point there, but claim here definitions are important.  I get it.  "rk" doesn't hold himself to the same standards he holds other posters.  Sounds very "Conservative" like. As you may recall I tried to start an open, honest discussion on the subject of racism and....well, you saw the results.  Yep, filled with many false premises as is frequently the case. All subject to debate but some were afraid to discuss the issue claiming it was "baiting" others just went the "insult" route.  Yep, because you set-up a so-called discussion with false premises and then say, "let's discuss".  You do this quite often.  You provide two choices and say, "pick one", when they aren't the only choices.  This too has been pointed out many times.  My suggestion is that you actually should consider these points; in other words, you're just using the same fallacies Limblah uses every day.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors