Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump seems to LIKE walking out of negotiations

Message 51 of 121

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
In that load of misstatements there is no mention of the post you were theoretically responding to.

I was commenting on how you accused Democrats of not going after employers who hire illegals.  I believe those laws are already in place and it Trump is so incompetent that he cannot enforce them, not our problem.

Not accusing anyone but pointing out that the actions in question are bipartisan and did not begin in January 2017.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 121

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
In that load of misstatements there is no mention of the post you were theoretically responding to.

I was commenting on how you accused Democrats of not going after employers who hire illegals.  I believe those laws are already in place and it Trump is so incompetent that he cannot enforce them, not our problem.

I think you have a good suggestion and suggest that you forward it to Trump. Of course along with Trump enforcing the workplace NOT hiring illegals, he would also insist on having the wall built since the border control people told him that is the one piece of protection that is porous. I think he might like your suggestion.

Building a wall has nothing to do with border control. I would also point out that when the Trump administration asked CBP what they needed to control the border,  a wall was way, way, way down on the list. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 121

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I think you have a good suggestion and suggest that you forward it to Trump. Of course along with Trump enforcing the workplace NOT hiring illegals, he would also insist on having the wall built since the border control people told him that is the one piece of protection that is porous. I think he might like your suggestion.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 121

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 121

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Strange, since Reagan we have had 16 years of Dem Presidents and you still blame the Reps for not going after those hiring illegals. And then there is the usual nonsense about Bush not letting them go home.

I am part of that "base" you like to malign. when did I demand that anyone be hunted down and deported?

Actually, we "go after" the Republicans for blocking any and all attempts at immigration reform or dealing with the economic disaster in South America which are feeding the immigration from there.  No Democrat is looking to develop or improve a tool to find and deport more efficiently.  That is like trying to find a bigger bucket to bail when the water pipe breaks.  Conservatives are so short sighted. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 121

@rk9152 wrote:

Strange, since Reagan we have had 16 years of Dem Presidents and you still blame the Reps for not going after those hiring illegals. And then there is the usual nonsense about Bush not letting them go home.

I am part of that "base" you like to malign. when did I demand that anyone be hunted down and deported?

Actually, we "go after" the Republicans for blocking any and all attempts at immigration reform or dealing with the economic disaster in South America which are feeding the immigration from there.  No Democrat is looking to develop or improve a tool to find and deport more efficiently.  That is like trying to find a bigger bucket to bail when the water pipe breaks.  Conservatives are so short sighted. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 121

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

lil donny said "If I open the Government for 30 days, will you give me everything I want?" the Dems said NO, so seeing he could not get everything his way, he walked out of the meeting.

Not sure this is the way he LIKES to negotiate, or if its the only way he knows HOW to negotiate - my bet's on the latter.

Can you verify your quote, "If I open the Government for 30 days, will you give me everything I want?"?

Google never heard of it.

You sure you didn't accidently use Gurgle instead of Google, because here's what I got from a Washington Post article (284,000 results in 0.46 seconds):

"He asked Speaker Pelosi,: 'Will you agree to my wall? ... I asked what is going to happen in 30 days if I quickly open things up..."

Now that was what Trump said AFTER the meeting, and he obviously reversed the order of events because he would have made the offer to "quickly open things up" before he asked if Pelosi "would agree to his wall" if he spoke with a modicum of logic.

My apologies for trying to make lil donny sound more rational - I'll try and avoid doing that if you agree to stop pretending trivial discrepencies totally invalidate true statements.

No, not Gurgle, it was Google. Probably that was because Google uses actual quotes not made up ones.

The meeting was about resolving their differences about the wall. She refused to discuss it. No trivial discrepancy in that.

The fact is Trump asked if he would get everything he wanted in exchange for opening the Government FOR 30 DAYS, and the answer was NO.

That was Trumps first offer, which was also his FINAL offer, and THAT is NOT NEGOTION - its "knocking over the game and  out" because you were not given an automatic win.

No one outside the Republibubble thinks differently, but everyone inside does.

Please show the "everything he wanted quote".

I'm sure there is a lot more involved in the federal budget and our immigration policy (including enforcement) than just the physical barriers that could be incorporated into the discussion - but the immigration issues (including enforcement) must be part.

We solved the immigration problem once, but Republicans refused to follow Reagan and would not go after the people hiring undocumented workers, then jrbush "closed" the border, trapping 3 million previously MIGRATING workers on this side and neoRepublican slashing staffing in the Government made it impossible to keep track to the 6 million undocumented workers here now who flew in and overstayed their visas.

We need green cards for 11 million workers and to give their kids the opportunity to take and pass the "citizenship test" anytime after their 18th birthday PROVIDED they have no convictions for a violent crime.

But the GOPer base demands they all be hunted down and deported, the ToadPOTUS agrees, so nobody is going to solve anything with lil donny in the White House.

But Mueller will provide a solution to that little problem, and PERHAPS Pense will be less of a dirtbag on the immigration issue (he'll want to focus on teaching Creationism and sewing big A's on the clothes of women who seek an abortion)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 121

When I look at Trump and Pelosi, I am reminded of Charlie Brown, Lucy, and the annual football kicking adventure. Every year, Lucy would talk Charlie into going for the kick only to have her pull the ball away....again. 

In our current scenario, Trump is playing the part of Lucy but Pelosi refuses to play the part of Charlie Brown. 

You will remember that the first meeting, Trump declared that they would negotiate while on camera. Pelosi and Schumer made him look like an idiot but he did try to pull the football. 

The second meeting, Trump asked if they were going to fund his wall and walked out.  Pelosi later questioned his manhood but I am not sure if this counts as a pull or not. 

Now, Trump is asking for yet another opportunity to (try) pull the football as Pelosi goes for the kick. Both Pelosi and Trump know that Trump cannot agree to anything without wall funding and Pelosi will not agree to anything WITH wall funding. So, Pelosi walks off the field with her head high while Lucy Trump whines and continues to tee up a football nobody believes he can resist pulling away. 

The curse of the Snowflake president.  We have read all his best moves in the comics. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 121

@rk9152 wrote:

@Snoopy48 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

It is as I stated above. But when the other party refuses to engage in discussion leading to possible compromise, there is no negotiation possible.

He does seem to understand that while the "Trump haters" fail to.

Why then do you continue to support Trump when he refuses to engage in any discussion leading to possible compromise? Even if he agrees to something in a discussion it is not likely that he will stick to it. 

Why do you hate everyone who doesn’t bow down and kiss Trump’s feet?

I hardly thing working towards border security and funding the government is feet kissing.

And there is that "hate" stuff. Probably just projection.

So then it is "projection" when you yourself bring up the hate thing? I'll remember that next time you mention "the hate thing".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 121

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I disagree. He wants and thinks we need the wall. He recognizes she supports fences not walls. So, a reasonable approach is, "I want the wall. What do you want in exchange".

Odd, I don't recall any Democrats saying they wanted a fence over a wall. Ah, this is what they mean by "fake news".

In the past the Dems have been in favor of physical barriers as part of border security. But, they seemed to bridle at the word "wall". Under those circumstances, it appears that compromise should be a possibility.

Nothing "fake" in that - just realism.

All fake, all ego, nothing secure. The Dems approved of the NEEDED barriers, and built them. What donny wants is another ego trip at taxpayer expense.

Sounds like you think that the Dems have already attended to all the physical barriers we need to protect our southern borders.

I doubt you are in a position to make that determination. But, based on what the Dems have done - was that done to harm poor, tired brown people?

So are you "in a position" make the "determination" that a wall is needed?

Why do you mention "brown" people?  You have said again and again the you and Republicans "see people", not skin color.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs