Rethink your job search with the AARP job board. Find opportunities for experienced workers today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump seems to LIKE walking out of negotiations

Message 41 of 121

@Controlled42010 wrote:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pOBV9ka1r5M 

Why won't they stop this holding the whole country hostage to pride and prejudice? If the President would work with real immigration reform of DACA and the Democrats work with the President on a suitable reinforcement of the southern boarder, maybe people won't be loosing food stamps, available health care, the now whole possible housing crisis stemming from no rent/mortgage money.....like really?  We can't compromise at any costs, no?

I believe that all the other issues are on the table and could probably be worked out in a "this for that" fashion. But the physical barrier seems to be the sticking point.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 121

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Demands for prior agreement is not a negotiation, its infantile bullying.

Demands for prior agreement to discuss is appropriate to negotiations. How does one discuss something that the other party refuses to discuss?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 121

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

When one of the key parties states in advance that she refuses to discuss a main item to be negotiated - there is no negotiation to walk out of.

I don't think Pelosi ever said she was not willing to discuss a wall. Her position is that she is not funding a wall.  Trump refused to discuss any other item (HE is the one who walked out, remember?) .   I have never heard Pelosi say she would not come back to the negotiating table. She simply said her position on wall funding was not negotiable. 

Since it was to be a budgetary meeting, "funding" is a key issue.

That it is and has been the key issue, so the refusal to discuss it made the meeting pointless. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 121

@Richva wrote:

Building a wall has nothing to do with border control.

Even Jim Fool Acosta proved you wrong on this account. Remember where he demonstrated that not a single person was crossing the border (last time he visited). Of course you saw the beautiful "wall" standing between him and Mexico keeping illegal immigration to a minimum.

Visit the border some time (only 50 miles from your home) and actually ask a border control person if MORE wall isn't needed.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 121

I know I will get in deep waters for saying but I am going to!

Why the heck didn't the Democrats fixed the whole darn issue of immigration policies when the had control of Congress while Obama was President????  No offense but it is the same as why didn't the Republican's do the wall while they had control of Congress with the current President, no???

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 121

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pOBV9ka1r5M 

Why won't they stop this holding the whole country hostage to pride and prejudice? If the President would work with real immigration reform of DACA and the Democrats work with the President on a suitable reinforcement of the southern boarder, maybe people won't be loosing food stamps, available health care, the now whole possible housing crisis stemming from no rent/mortgage money.....like really?  We can't compromise at any costs, no?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 121

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
In that load of misstatements there is no mention of the post you were theoretically responding to.

I was commenting on how you accused Democrats of not going after employers who hire illegals.  I believe those laws are already in place and it Trump is so incompetent that he cannot enforce them, not our problem.

Not accusing anyone but pointing out that the actions in question are bipartisan and did not begin in January 2017.

Back to trump causing a shutdown (that he said he would take responsibility for) and walking out of negotiations .........................

Here is what trump was falsely accused of saying in 2013 in reference to Obama and the shutdown:

"Shutdowns fall on the President's lack of leadership. I mean, problems start at the top, have to get solved from the top. A shutdown shows that the president is weak".

Here are two quotes of what trump actually said in the past (in 2013 in reference to Obama) that the false quote was based on:

"If you say who gets fired, it always has to be the top. Problems start from the top, and they have to get solved from the top, and the president's the leader, and he’s got to get everybody in a room, and he’s got to lead. And he doesn’t do that, he doesn’t like doing that, that’s not his strength."

Trump also said that further down in history "when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington. So I really think the pressure is on the president."

So, let trump continue to walk out of negotiations like a big baby, the fault is on him, according to his very own words.

When one of the key parties states in advance that she refuses to discuss a main item to be negotiated - there is no negotiation to walk out of.

When the one who caused the shutdown because Rush said bad things about him and made him cry demands the other side agree in advance to give him everything he wants BEFORE he does anything, and when he's told "No, you will NOT get everything you want because you do something for 30 days" he walks out, that's the one who will not negotiate.

Demands for prior agreement is not a negotiation, its infantile bullying.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 121

@rk9152 wrote:

I don't think Pelosi ever said she was not willing to discuss a wall. Her position is that she is not funding a wall.  Trump refused to discuss any other item (HE is the one who walked out, remember?) .   I have never heard Pelosi say she would not come back to the negotiating table. She simply said her position on wall funding was not negotiable. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 121

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
In that load of misstatements there is no mention of the post you were theoretically responding to.

I was commenting on how you accused Democrats of not going after employers who hire illegals.  I believe those laws are already in place and it Trump is so incompetent that he cannot enforce them, not our problem.

Not accusing anyone but pointing out that the actions in question are bipartisan and did not begin in January 2017.

Back to trump causing a shutdown (that he said he would take responsibility for) and walking out of negotiations .........................

Here is what trump was falsely accused of saying in 2013 in reference to Obama and the shutdown:

"Shutdowns fall on the President's lack of leadership. I mean, problems start at the top, have to get solved from the top. A shutdown shows that the president is weak".

Here are two quotes of what trump actually said in the past (in 2013 in reference to Obama) that the false quote was based on:

"If you say who gets fired, it always has to be the top. Problems start from the top, and they have to get solved from the top, and the president's the leader, and he’s got to get everybody in a room, and he’s got to lead. And he doesn’t do that, he doesn’t like doing that, that’s not his strength."

Trump also said that further down in history "when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington. So I really think the pressure is on the president."

So, let trump continue to walk out of negotiations like a big baby, the fault is on him, according to his very own words.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 121

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views