Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump seems to LIKE walking out of negotiations

Message 21 of 121

@Olderscout66 wrote:

neoRepublicans have no programs that benefit the 99% so they must cling to power by getting their base to believe they are defending the Nation against some quasi-Satanic power that will render us all dependant on food stamps if we tax the rich.

In the meantime, lil donny's tanTrump is depriving over 2 MILLION Americans of their paychecks, and even if most of them are contract workers who should've read the fine print more closely, that's still an example of truely Demonic action on the part of lil donny and the Yertle McConnell.

How they get people to ignore reality and substitute whatever mime the GOPerLords feed them is a mystery, but one that will be dealt with Nov 2020.

Obviously, many of those 99% got tax cuts and many got jobs since Trump refused to accept Obama's "new normal" with the economy. I have not seen ant "Satanic" projections coming from my side of the street - it's your guys  (generic).

none of that wisdom I offered you came from a GOPerLord - only from my superior intelligence.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 121

@CriticalThinking wrote:

In Trump World, his cult members will NEVER hold him accountable for anything negative. They will always blame someone else. At this point in time, their national villain is Nancy Pelosi, who seems to have temporarily replaced Hillary. 

The overwhelming majority of Americans blame Trump, whol told us he would shut down the government, and he did.

Yes, he said he would if he had to. And, thanks to Pelosi, he had to.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 121

@CriticalThinking wrote:

December: Trump: I will PROUDLY shut down the government over my border wall

Jan. 4, 2019

WASHINGTON — President Trump threatened on Friday to keep the federal government partly closed for “months or even years” if he did not get $5.6 billion for his wall at the southern border,

Yes, it is unique to a see pol stick to his commitments.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 121

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

When one of the key parties states in advance that she refuses to discuss a main item to be negotiated - there is no negotiation to walk out of.

I don't think Pelosi ever said she was not willing to discuss a wall. Her position is that she is not funding a wall.  Trump refused to discuss any other item (HE is the one who walked out, remember?) .   I have never heard Pelosi say she would not come back to the negotiating table. She simply said her position on wall funding was not negotiable. 

Since it was to be a budgetary meeting, "funding" is a key issue.

That it is and has been the key issue, so the refusal to discuss it made the meeting pointless. 

Which is exactly the reason Pelosi and Schumer have refused a third meeting.  Trump refuses to change his stance, they cannot, in good conscience, change their position.  No point in having a meeting. Asked and answered.  

It might have gone smoother at this point had Trump not walked out of the last meeting but, he is an inexperienced negotiator. 

Had he not walked out, what would they have talked about? Without the border barrier on the table, no resolution was possible.

An experienced negotiator (or any intelligent person) would see that.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 121

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Demands for prior agreement is not a negotiation, its infantile bullying.

Demands for prior agreement to discuss is appropriate to negotiations. How does one discuss something that the other party refuses to discuss?

lil donny said NOTHING about "discussing" his wall - he said "if I open the Government quickly, will you give me the wall in 30 days?" Agreeing to do what is essential for a promise you'll get everything you want, in this case, something worthless, but costs $5Billion a year, is NOT a negotiating position - it's an ultimatum delivered from a position of weakness.

The "wall" or whatever was the barrier at the time was the sticking point that was holding the budget up. So, it was to be the main point of any negotiation. If the other side refuses to even discuss it - there is no negotiation possible.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump seems to LIKE walking out of negotiations

Message 26 of 121

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. They deny being members of Trump's Cult, but you can't find any posts where they criticize or disagree with their Supreme Leader. Neither can you find a post where they hold Comrade Trump accountable or responsible for anything negative. 

Guess who they blame? One of the following, Hillary, President Obama, or Nancy Pelosi. For them, it's an involuntary reflex.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 121

@LeeV999430 wrote:

ChasKy in blue text:

Yippee.  Same thing for the twentieth time.  Straight out of the peLOSER PINHEAD playbook. Yippee, same thing for the twentieth time !!  Keep repeating it regardless on many times it's addressed in case somebody might think it's relevant. You are exactly right so why keep repeating it?

For the last time, in that meeting Schumer kept saying the shutdown would be Trump's fault instead of addressing the ISSUE. For the last time, trump said he would shut down the government and take full responsibility for it. (Like you keep doing.)  Trump finally said he's take the blame so they actually discuss the ISSUE. He said he would take the blame, PERIOD.

Can you discuss the issue, which is the border? Can you do that, instead of repeating a childish Pelosi term? Or just continue using the peLOSER PINHEAD playbook? Oops! now this was the 21st time !!!   ROFLMAO !!!!

Now that I think about it, this is not for the last time.  Nope, it's probably not the last time you will use the insulting 'Pelosi' term You'll probably continue posting the same thing another 30-40 times at least so I'll keep a copy of this to cut and paste. I thought you were already copying and pasting instead of typing the same 'Pelosi' stuff over and over.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 121

@LeeV999430 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

December: Trump: I will PROUDLY shut down the government over my border wall

Jan. 4, 2019

WASHINGTON — President Trump threatened on Friday to keep the federal government partly closed for “months or even years” if he did not get $5.6 billion for his wall at the southern border,

Can you discuss the issue, which is the border? 

Okay, let's discuss "the border". 

First a little history. When Mexico seceded from Spain in 1821, it's territory included Texas, California and a bunch of New Mexico and Arizona.

In 1836, a bunch of white slave owners in Texas declared independence from Mexico. After the War with Mexico in 1848, America annexed the lands north of the Rio Grand and established the border pretty much as it is today.

Since 1848, people and goods have flowed easily across that border to the great benefit of both countries, but in 2002, jrbush, needing to divert attention from his disastrous diversion of our intelligence services to finding an excuse to invade Iraq and grab the oil thereby totally missing the 9/11 terrorists, tried to pretend he was making us safer by closing the border with Mexico.

About 3.5 million workers who HAD been migrating back and forth to "follow the harvest" decided to stay on our side and just send their paychecks home because they could not count on jr letting them get to their jobs next season.When they came here, they were NOT considered "illegal", same as the next group.

Another 6 million came into the country by air and simply overstayed their Visas and with all the Republican cuts to Government workers, there were never enough INS agents to find them.

And a few hundred thousand came across the Mexican border for jobs they read about in local (Mexican) newspapers, placed there by the Americans who still employ them.

So that's where the 11 million undocumented workers came from - about FIVE PERCENT actually crossed the border from Mexico ILLEGALLY, and over the last couple years, the number coming north has been nearly equaled by the ones going back south.

The only significant INCREASE in cross-border migration is those from CENTRAL America who are fleeing for their lives and hoping to find asylum in America.

Democrats already agreed to the physical barriers that now cover 900 miles nearly half the length of the border. What is there already provides all the security that can be obtained from physical barriers.

What lil donny droopdrawers demands is 230 ADDITIONAL miles OUT IN THE DESERT, costing $5billion EACH YEAR.

There are no drugs using that route - what crosses the border does so in big trucks, which, thanks to Republicans constantly slashing Government jobs, we do not have enough inspectors to check.

There are no terrorists using that route - why would they when their Saudi sponsors can easily get them first class tickets to any airport they desire?

All that are coming thru the desert are poor brown people donny's base are terrified of. Why? Because they've been told by donny, elected GOPers, Fox and the rest of the Republican Propaganda Ministry those people will find ways to VOTE and elect DEMOCRATS, right after they flood our welfare systems, hospitals and schools with their disease ridden children.

So GOPers, lets here some SPECIFICS on how the ADDITIONAL 230 miles of barriers lil donny demands before releasing his 2 million hostages can possibly justify holding those hostages in the first place?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 121

@LeeV999430 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
In that load of misstatements there is no mention of the post you were theoretically responding to.

I was commenting on how you accused Democrats of not going after employers who hire illegals.  I believe those laws are already in place and it Trump is so incompetent that he cannot enforce them, not our problem.

Not accusing anyone but pointing out that the actions in question are bipartisan and did not begin in January 2017.

Back to trump causing a shutdown (that he said he would take responsibility for) and walking out of negotiations .........................

Here is what trump was falsely accused of saying in 2013 in reference to Obama and the shutdown:

"Shutdowns fall on the President's lack of leadership. I mean, problems start at the top, have to get solved from the top. A shutdown shows that the president is weak".

Here are two quotes of what trump actually said in the past (in 2013 in reference to Obama) that the false quote was based on:

"If you say who gets fired, it always has to be the top. Problems start from the top, and they have to get solved from the top, and the president's the leader, and he’s got to get everybody in a room, and he’s got to lead. And he doesn’t do that, he doesn’t like doing that, that’s not his strength."

Trump also said that further down in history "when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington. So I really think the pressure is on the president."

So, let trump continue to walk out of negotiations like a big baby, the fault is on him, according to his very own words.

When one of the key parties states in advance that she refuses to discuss a main item to be negotiated - there is no negotiation to walk out of.

When a fast food fat brat president says he will sign nothing that doesn't include over $5 billion for a wall .............. there is no "negotiation" ............. only a fat brat walking out of meetings.

And when the peLOSER PINHEADS such a mature insulting term for someone to use begin by stating they will not negotiate there is no reason to waste any time. trump saying he demands a wall and will accept nothing without the $5 Billion for it ends any negotiation. Of course, you know, I know and the whole world knows Really?  The "whole world knows"? Actually the rest of the world (except for Putin) ridicules trump. And I know that trump is responsible for the shutdown, even according to his own words. in reality the real problem is peLOSER PINHEADS are more interested in trying to assign blame to Trump actually trump "assigned' the blame to himself by saying that he would "shut down the government and accept the blame for it" for the shutdown in hopes of gaining political advantage than they are in resolving the border issue. "resolving" the border "issue" is not building a wall. In reality a large majority of Americans don't want a wall and neither do many Washington Republicans. Are those Washington Republicans also "peLOSER PINHEADS ? Gosh ...... typing peLOSER PINHEADS makes me feel somewhat childish.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 121

neoRepublicans have no programs that benefit the 99% so they must cling to power by getting their base to believe they are defending the Nation against some quasi-Satanic power that will render us all dependant on food stamps if we tax the rich.

In the meantime, lil donny's tanTrump is depriving over 2 MILLION Americans of their paychecks, and even if most of them are contract workers who should've read the fine print more closely, that's still an example of truely Demonic action on the part of lil donny and the Yertle McConnell.

How they get people to ignore reality and substitute whatever mime the GOPerLords feed them is a mystery, but one that will be dealt with Nov 2020.

Kudos
Views