Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump seems to LIKE walking out of negotiations

Message 31 of 121

Trump: I will buld a big, beautiful wall and MEXICO will pay for the wall, not the American taxpayer.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 121

In Trump World, his cult members will NEVER hold him accountable for anything negative. They will always blame someone else. At this point in time, their national villain is Nancy Pelosi, who seems to have temporarily replaced Hillary. 

The overwhelming majority of Americans blame Trump, whol told us he would shut down the government, and he did.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump seems to LIKE walking out of negotiations

Message 33 of 121

@CriticalThinking wrote:

December: Trump: I will PROUDLY shut down the government over my border wall

Jan. 4, 2019

WASHINGTON — President Trump threatened on Friday to keep the federal government partly closed for “months or even years” if he did not get $5.6 billion for his wall at the southern border,

Yippee.  Same thing for the twentieth time.  Straight out of the peLOSER PINHEAD playbook.  Keep repeating it regardless on many times it's addressed in case somebody might think it's relevant.

For the last time, in that meeting Schumer kept saying the shutdown would be Trump's fault instead of addressing the ISSUE.  (Like you keep doing.)  Trump finally said he's take the blame so they actually discuss the ISSUE.

Can you discuss the issue, which is the border?  Or just continue using the peLOSER PINHEAD playbook?

Now that I think about it, this is not for the last time.  You'll probably continue posting the same thing another 30-40 times at least so I'll keep a copy of this to cut and paste.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 121

December: Trump: I will PROUDLY shut down the government over my border wall

Jan. 4, 2019

WASHINGTON — President Trump threatened on Friday to keep the federal government partly closed for “months or even years” if he did not get $5.6 billion for his wall at the southern border,

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 121

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
In that load of misstatements there is no mention of the post you were theoretically responding to.

I was commenting on how you accused Democrats of not going after employers who hire illegals.  I believe those laws are already in place and it Trump is so incompetent that he cannot enforce them, not our problem.

Not accusing anyone but pointing out that the actions in question are bipartisan and did not begin in January 2017.

Back to trump causing a shutdown (that he said he would take responsibility for) and walking out of negotiations .........................

Here is what trump was falsely accused of saying in 2013 in reference to Obama and the shutdown:

"Shutdowns fall on the President's lack of leadership. I mean, problems start at the top, have to get solved from the top. A shutdown shows that the president is weak".

Here are two quotes of what trump actually said in the past (in 2013 in reference to Obama) that the false quote was based on:

"If you say who gets fired, it always has to be the top. Problems start from the top, and they have to get solved from the top, and the president's the leader, and he’s got to get everybody in a room, and he’s got to lead. And he doesn’t do that, he doesn’t like doing that, that’s not his strength."

Trump also said that further down in history "when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington. So I really think the pressure is on the president."

So, let trump continue to walk out of negotiations like a big baby, the fault is on him, according to his very own words.

When one of the key parties states in advance that she refuses to discuss a main item to be negotiated - there is no negotiation to walk out of.

When a fast food fat brat president says he will sign nothing that doesn't include over $5 billion for a wall .............. there is no "negotiation" ............. only a fat brat walking out of meetings.

And when the peLOSER PINHEADS begin by stating they will not negotiate there is no reason to waste any time.  Of course, you know, I know and the whole world knows that in reality the real problem is peLOSER PINHEADS are more interested in trying to assign blame to Trump for the shutdown in hopes of gaining political advantage than they are in resolving the border issue.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 121

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:
In that load of misstatements there is no mention of the post you were theoretically responding to.

I was commenting on how you accused Democrats of not going after employers who hire illegals.  I believe those laws are already in place and it Trump is so incompetent that he cannot enforce them, not our problem.

Not accusing anyone but pointing out that the actions in question are bipartisan and did not begin in January 2017.

Back to trump causing a shutdown (that he said he would take responsibility for) and walking out of negotiations .........................

Here is what trump was falsely accused of saying in 2013 in reference to Obama and the shutdown:

"Shutdowns fall on the President's lack of leadership. I mean, problems start at the top, have to get solved from the top. A shutdown shows that the president is weak".

Here are two quotes of what trump actually said in the past (in 2013 in reference to Obama) that the false quote was based on:

"If you say who gets fired, it always has to be the top. Problems start from the top, and they have to get solved from the top, and the president's the leader, and he’s got to get everybody in a room, and he’s got to lead. And he doesn’t do that, he doesn’t like doing that, that’s not his strength."

Trump also said that further down in history "when they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington. So I really think the pressure is on the president."

So, let trump continue to walk out of negotiations like a big baby, the fault is on him, according to his very own words.

When one of the key parties states in advance that she refuses to discuss a main item to be negotiated - there is no negotiation to walk out of.

When a fast food fat brat president says he will sign nothing that doesn't include over $5 billion for a wall .............. there is no "negotiation" ............. only a fat brat walking out of meetings.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 121

Olderscout, Once you mentioned I remembered...like total mental lapse...how could I forget that period of Democracy!  

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Laurie42010 wrote:

I know I will get in deep waters for saying but I am going to!

Why the heck didn't the Democrats fixed the whole darn issue of immigration policies when the had control of Congress while Obama was President????  No offense but it is the same as why didn't the Republican's do the wall while they had control of Congress with the current President, no???

The Dems never controlled Government because the GOPers fillibustered everything the Dems brought up in the Senate, including Obama's pick for SCOTUS. Then when the GOPers got the House, all they could manage was to vote to repeal Obamacare 54 times, and transfer $1.2Trillion from We the People  to the Corporate Oligarchs, who immediately put the money in their pockets.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 121

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I don't think Pelosi ever said she was not willing to discuss a wall. Her position is that she is not funding a wall.  Trump refused to discuss any other item (HE is the one who walked out, remember?) .   I have never heard Pelosi say she would not come back to the negotiating table. She simply said her position on wall funding was not negotiable. 

Since it was to be a budgetary meeting, "funding" is a key issue.

That it is and has been the key issue, so the refusal to discuss it made the meeting pointless. 

Which is exactly the reason Pelosi and Schumer have refused a third meeting.  Trump refuses to change his stance, they cannot, in good conscience, change their position.  No point in having a meeting. Asked and answered.  

It might have gone smoother at this point had Trump not walked out of the last meeting but, he is an inexperienced negotiator. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 121

@Laurie42010 wrote:

I know I will get in deep waters for saying but I am going to!

Why the heck didn't the Democrats fixed the whole darn issue of immigration policies when the had control of Congress while Obama was President????  No offense but it is the same as why didn't the Republican's do the wall while they had control of Congress with the current President, no???

The Dems never controlled Government because the GOPers fillibustered everything the Dems brought up in the Senate, including Obama's pick for SCOTUS. Then when the GOPers got the House, all they could manage was to vote to repeal Obamacare 54 times, and transfer $1.2Trillion from We the People  to the Corporate Oligarchs, who immediately put the money in their pockets.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 121

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Demands for prior agreement is not a negotiation, its infantile bullying.

Demands for prior agreement to discuss is appropriate to negotiations. How does one discuss something that the other party refuses to discuss?

lil donny said NOTHING about "discussing" his wall - he said "if I open the Government quickly, will you give me the wall in 30 days?" Agreeing to do what is essential for a promise you'll get everything you want, in this case, something worthless, but costs $5Billion a year, is NOT a negotiating position - it's an ultimatum delivered from a position of weakness.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors