Silver Conversationalist

Trump says he'll throw first pitch at upcoming Yankees game

The Yankees also confirmed that Trump will throw out the first pitch at a game. If it happens on Aug. 15, as he announced, it will be prior to a game against the Boston Red Sox. Since being elected president in 2016, Trump hasn’t thrown out the first pitch at a baseball game.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/trump-throw-first-pitch-yankees

President Trump was happy to announce he will throw out the first pitch at a Yankees game. "The people of the Bronx love me," said Trump. "I really wish fans would be in attendance to cheer for me, but baseball let that quack Fauci talk them out of having 55,000 screaming fans packed into a stadium."

"The only reason they aren't letting fans in is because they'll cheer for me," lied Trump. "In the Bronx I would get a big ovation. A very big ovation. A tremendous ovation! And have I mentioned I passed a cognitive skills test proving once and for all I'm a stable genius?", asked Trump. "In fact,  I answered all 34 questions correctly. The Doctors. were stunned when I answered all 28 questions so easily. 41 Questions are no challenge for my genius."

In other news AOC was hospitalized today after she busted a gut laughing when she heard Trump was headed for the South Bronx.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Silver Conversationalist

In other news AOC was hospitalized today after she busted a gut laughing when she heard Trump was headed for the South Bronx.

--------------------------------------------------

I didn't think so.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Esteemed Social Butterfly

IMPOTUS won't throw out the first pitch, because apparently (this is embarrassing 🤦), his announcement was news to the Yankees!

WASHINGTON — An hour before Dr. Anthony S. Fauci threw the first pitch at the season opener between the New York Yankees and the Washington Nationals, President Trump stood on the briefing room stage at the White House and declared that he, too, had been invited to throw out his own opening pitch.

“Randy Levine is a great friend of mine from the Yankees,” Mr. Trump, referring to the president of the baseball team, told reporters on Thursday as Dr. Fauci was preparing to take the mound. “And he asked me to throw out the first pitch, and I think I’m doing that on Aug. 15 at Yankee Stadium.”

There was one problem: Mr. Trump had not actually been invited on that day by the Yankees, according to one person with knowledge of Mr. Trump’s schedule. His announcement surprised both Yankees officials and the White House staff.

But Mr. Trump had been so annoyed by Dr. Fauci’s turn in the limelight, an official familiar with his reaction said, that he had directed his aides to call Yankees officials and make good on a longtime standing offer from Mr. Levine to throw out an opening pitch. No date was ever finalized.

Read more.

IMPOTUS does have a penchant for spewing out fairy tales that take everyone by surprise and make them go, "What?  What?"  Things like he's going to be signing a comprehensive health care plan in two weeks.  What? What?

So, of course, he bowed out of it by claiming a busy, busy schedule dealing with... you know... presidential stuff.  I think we should revisit this thread on August 15 and see what he really is doing on that day. 😁

@MsStretch wrote:

IMPOTUS won't throw out the first pitch, because apparently (this is embarrassing 🤦), his announcement was news to the Yankees!

WASHINGTON — An hour before Dr. Anthony S. Fauci threw the first pitch at the season opener between the New York Yankees and the Washington Nationals, President Trump stood on the briefing room stage at the White House and declared that he, too, had been invited to throw out his own opening pitch.

“Randy Levine is a great friend of mine from the Yankees,” Mr. Trump, referring to the president of the baseball team, told reporters on Thursday as Dr. Fauci was preparing to take the mound. “And he asked me to throw out the first pitch, and I think I’m doing that on Aug. 15 at Yankee Stadium.”

There was one problem: Mr. Trump had not actually been invited on that day by the Yankees, according to one person with knowledge of Mr. Trump’s schedule. His announcement surprised both Yankees officials and the White House staff.

But Mr. Trump had been so annoyed by Dr. Fauci’s turn in the limelight, an official familiar with his reaction said, that he had directed his aides to call Yankees officials and make good on a longtime standing offer from Mr. Levine to throw out an opening pitch. No date was ever finalized.

Read more.

IMPOTUS does have a penchant for spewing out fairy tales that take everyone by surprise and make them go, "What?  What?"  Things like he's going to be signing a comprehensive health care plan in two weeks.  What? What?

So, of course, he bowed out of it by claiming a busy, busy schedule dealing with... you know... presidential stuff.  I think we should revisit this thread on August 15 and see what he really is doing on that day. 😁

It is August 15 and time to revisit this thread to get an update on IMPOOPUS's busy, busy schedule.

Here's his original tweet where he said he had to bow out of throwing the first pitch:

IMPOTUStweet-072620.png

And here is his calendar for today with those "scheduled meetings on Vaccines [sic], our economy and much else".

From  Donald Trump - President's Public Schedule:

3:30 PM

Pool Call Time

Out-of-Town Pool Call Time          
Trump National Golf Club, Bedminster

5:35 PM

Official Schedule

The President participates in a roundtable with supporters

Trump National Golf Club, Bedminster

Ooooh.. look at all of those "scheduled meetings"!  Mind-boggling!  I wonder if that "roundtable with supporters" is like the 19th hole?  🤣

What a clown. 🤡  And a busted one at that! 😆

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Oh dear.  I bet he'll be down south golfing on Saturday, August 15th - between lots of meetings.  Personally I think his vanity just won't let him play with the regular folks.  And, he doesn't want to embarrass himself.

Honored Social Butterfly

Question:  why would donald go to NY - he denounced NYC when he said he was going the become a resident of FL?

Meanwhile the first pitch for the Washington DC team was thrown out by Dr Fauci and then both teams took a knee.     (Note, a baseball player he is not)

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

Question:  why would donald go to NY - he denounced NYC when he said he was going the become a resident of FL?

Meanwhile the first pitch for the Washington DC team was thrown out by Dr Fauci and then both teams took a knee. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trump baseball fauci.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump scraps plan to throw opening pitch at Yankee Stadium in August

President Trump on Sunday said he won’t throw the opening pitch at Yankee Stadium as planned next month, citing his busy schedule.

“Because of my strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else, I won’t be able to be in New York to throw out the opening pitch for the Yankees on August 15th. We will make it later in the season!” Trump tweeted.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/26/trump-scraps-plan-to-throw-opening-pitch-at-yankee-stadium-in-august/

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump says he'll throw first pitch at upcoming Yankees game

He probably got confused about the shape of the ball,  couldn't decide which was was up.

Honored Social Butterfly

The report this evening on TV is Trump will not throw out the first pitch at the Yankees game. The WH said he is to busy.  Looks like someone told him no one will be there to cheer him. Could be both teams were going to take a knee when he went on the field.

Honored Social Butterfly

gordyfl:   “Because of my strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else, I won’t be able to be in New York to throw out the opening pitch for the Yankees on August 15th. We will make it later in the season!” Trump tweeted.

This is beyond hilarious......he's too busy fighting Covid-19 to throw out the opening pitch? I wonder how many vaccines and treatments he developed yesterday on the golf course?

Honored Social Butterfly

they should throw it back at the bum!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@gordyfl wrote:

Trump scraps plan to throw opening pitch at Yankee Stadium in August

President Trump on Sunday said he won’t throw the opening pitch at Yankee Stadium as planned next month, citing his busy schedule.

I.E. : Needs to play more golf!

“Because of my strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else, I won’t be able to be in New York to throw out the opening pitch for the Yankees on August 15th.

Yet none of that stopped Donnie from playing golf!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper 

Great point about golf time...and another  “pretend” reason and avoidance. Would it be possible that trump only does “pretend” work...looks highly probable, nothing of real consequence is being done for our Nation...but he has time for golf and time at his resorts...that we continue to pay for, and produces nothing!

Regular Social Butterfly

Maybe it finally dawned on him he may be booed, or he may not be able to get the ball all the way to the Home Plate.
I myself would love to see it and then have all the players take to the knee. Unlesss he told them not to, maybe that's why he dropped out, they are all taking to the knee.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Honored Social Butterfly

@angeleyes64 wrote:
........ maybe that's why he dropped out, they are all taking to the knee.

Or taking to a single finger salute!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

His EGO couldn't handle ANOTHER Bronx Booing session....although, the crowd size would be very small.....just like his....uh.....er.....hamds...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

His EGO couldn't handle ANOTHER Bronx Booing session....although, the crowd size would be very small.....just like his....uh.....er.....hamds...

Hey, I'm all in favor of giving him a big Bronx cheer!  nyah.gif pblttt.gif

Honored Social Butterfly

Could care less about trump...highlight would be both teams taking a knee...

could that be a reason to cancel, other than he would look terrible making the pitch. 

Honored Social Butterfly

I challenge any 80 year old to throw a strike, at 60 feet, in one attempt.  Many younger folks, much younger in fact, can't accomplish the feat.  Can you?  Very doubtful.

That's why most all major league pitchers retire BEFORE they are half Fauci's age.  Give the guy a break...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017

@afisher wrote:

Meanwhile the first pitch for the Washington DC team was thrown out by Dr Fauci and then both teams took a knee.     (Note, a baseball player he is not)

Obama was a little better than Fauci (not by much 😁), but I'm sure the doctor was just trying to social-distance the ball from the catcher.

I agree, NY seems an odd choice with 'ace athlete' Donnie being a permanent Floridian now.  Of course, throwing the ball out at his current home base (like Obama did) with the  World Series champion Nationals was obviously a no-go.  Someone else got that invite. 😄

Anyone care to bet on whether IMPOTUS will ride a golf cart out to the mound? 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png