Conversationalist

Trump says he'll cut entitlements like Social Security and Medicare if reelected

In Fox Town Hall, Trump Says “We’ll Be Cutting” When Asked About the Future of Entitlements Like Social Security and Medicare in Second Term.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/trump-cut-funding-entitlements-social-security-medic...

Super Contributor

it could be said that only one branch of congress works the other are there in name only and that isn't fake news

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

The only one to say he will cut entitlements is biden. Trump has supported and will support improving social security and medicare. Too much fake news on this site. Where's hunter?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@quidduo wrote:

The only one to say he will cut entitlements is biden. Trump has supported and will support improving social security and medicare. Too much fake news on this site. Where's hunter?

Actually ...... Using FACTS ...... Trump's budgets clearly show his massive cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid ..... thus rendering your bogus post as "too much fake news"!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@quidduo wrote:

Show your sources ........... this should be interesting.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Perhaps first we might want to consider cutting any health and benefits programs for elected officials in Congress...they work for us, we do not work for them! 

Super Contributor

How in the world can medicare and social security be entitlements when we paid into this system ? These are just like an insurance program. The only people that got entitlements were the very first receivers.    Up until about 1955 social security was an option it was shortly after that it became manitory. If politicians want to steal our benefits lets have a trial program and cut all benefits to over paid pols first.

Super Contributor

HEY PRESIDENT TRUMP VERY SIMPLY IF YOU AND YOUR ALLIES IN CONGRESS DECIDE TO ELIMINIATE OR CUT ALL THE REFORMS AND THINGS THAT YOU ACCOMPLISHED SO FAR WILL BE ELIMINATED WHEN YOUR SUCCESSOR BRINGS THEM BACK AND THE DEMS WILL BE TOTALLY IN CHARGE. SENIORS VOTE AND IF YOU TOUCH THEIR MONEY  THEY WILL UNITE. JUST BECAUSE YOUR NOT RELYING ON THESE BENEFITS  DOESN'T MEAN OTHERS AREN'T.  YOU LIVE IN A WORLD OF GLITZE AND GLAMOUR  WHY NOT SEE HOW OTHER PEOPLE  ARE AFFECTED.  HANDS OFF SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE

Honored Social Butterfly

This confirms it!  Trump suffers from a chronic case of reverse Robin Hoodism--steal from the middle class and working poor to give to the bloated, greedy rich!

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump says he'll cut entitlements like Social Security and Medicare if reelected

Everyone knows what Trump and the Trump party is about.

Tax cuts for billionaires, austerity for everyone else.

Regular Contributor

Something about the term "entitlements" really gets my goat!!  Entitlement?  No way.. we've earned SS and Medicare.  We've paid for SS and Medicare.  We've worked all our lives and contributed from our paychecks and incomes into SS and Medicare.  These are not entitlements, they are bought and paid for by all of us. To have anyone say that they are thinking/planning on making cuts, it's not theirs to do so.

Honored Social Butterfly

I don't doubt that he will try.   I would hope the majority of Republicans would answer to their constituents and tell him he's out of his mind.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I don't doubt that he will try.   I would hope the majority of Republicans would answer to their constituents and tell him he's out of his mind.

Not likely as "the majority of Republicans" are also "out of their mind" and also support massive cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid as they always have and always will!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Like they stood up to him in the Impeachment?

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

You mean like they responded to his proven criminality? Only way we WON'T cut SS and Medicare is if he's in JAIL instead of the White House and his enablers in the Senate are unemployed.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I would like more verification of what Trump said in that Town Hall. have been trying to find it but have not at this time.It is not that I would doubt Trump doing anything and everything at all, but, I want verification as to that link 

no name
0 Kudos
Conversationalist

How Sad that Cynical Nihilist have such a stronghold on peoples minds.
In Fox Town Hall, Trump Says “We’ll Be Cutting” When Asked About the Future of Entitlements Like Social Security and Medicare in Second Term. 

Here is Verification:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trump-tells-town-hall-plans-051104952.html?.tsrc=jtc_news_articl...
https://www.timesleader.com/news/775226/trump-talks-cuts-presidential-race-at-town-hall
https://video.foxnews.com/v/6138858731001#sp=show-clips
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/05/watch_fox_news_town_hall_with_president_trump.htm...

Honored Social Butterfly

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I would like more verification of what Trump said in that Town Hall. have been trying to find it but have not at this time.It is not that I would doubt Trump doing anything and everything at all, but, I want verification as to that link 

Don't know why you can't find it. Business Insider, MSN and many others reported on it. A simple Google search will give you quite a few sources.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png