Trump's trade war with China is going to cost you a lot more....

Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump's trade war with China is going to cost you a lot more....

Message 1 of 16

No one likes tariffs... it's the economic equivolent to chemotherapy. Using a poison to treat something worse. 

Everyone likes low priced products of equal quality.  

libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

Trump's policies are already costing us. 

• Gas is over $3 a gallon; it was under $2 a gallon.
  • I used to spend about $80 a week at the grocery store; now the same things costs $100
  • The wonderful tax plan that was passed, cost me between $200-$300 more for 2018.
  • Anything you look into buying that has components made in China, will cost more.
  •  I just had to get a new cell phone.  Big price increase! 

I hope Trump is gone before this old computer goes out.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

Always remember that Trump Cult members are allergic to both facts and logic. When you listen to them, they never miss an opportunity to tell you our economy is booming under Trump. 

At the same time, they try to portray China as some massive vulture taking advantage of America, thereby hurting our economy. Let's get back to logic. If our economy is firing on all cylinders and booming, as Trump supporters claim, how is China damaging or destroying our economy?

Both statements cannot possibly be true simultaneously.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

Understanding macro economics is essential. Hating president Trump isn't an alternative for facts.  

You may oppose tariffs as a matter of belief like Republican Sen.  Mitch McConnell or you may agree with tariffs like democrat Sen. Chuck Schummer. However  In my case,  I see China as economic locusts with a policy of world domination by any means necessary.

China is a greater threat than any other nation. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

It's always better to deal with FACTS than Trump Cult mythology. US exports of goods to China have grown by 86 percent over the last decade, while exports to the rest of the world grew by only 21 percent. China is the third-largest market for US goods and services exports.

Here are several American companies (partial list) who make a significant percentage of their profits in China.

• Apple
  • GM
  • Ford
  • Hollywood Studios
  • Qualcom
  • Microsoft
  • Nvidia
  • Tiffany
  • Caterpillar
  • Boeing
  • Chevron
  • Tesla
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

Trade war... what are the facts Tom? In a war what matters? and isn't the most important job of the executive branch to protect us from enemies who wish us harm (Iran & NK) and protect us economically (China)?

In a war, it matters who starts it. China did a long time ago and our do nothing former presidents lacked the cajones to "shoot" back. The United States did not start this war, but we're **bleep** sure gonna end it.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 16
they NEVER let facts get in the way of their thinking..lol.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16
Do nothing and nothing improves. Do the same over and over expecting different results and, well .... you know.

I'm comfortable by saying no one in the world thinks the Chinese play fair in the global economic arena. They manipulate currency, use economic blackmail, and are the locusts of the world.

In a perfect world all major customers would have joined together, made a joint statement and imposed tariffs together and forced the Chinese to become a global partner on trade. Well you have to have cajones to do that... and president Trump is the only world leader who has a pair.

The benefactor in all this will be.... Mexico and Canada if the new trade deal passes.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

Name the much-criticized federal program that has saved the U.S. $2.3 trillion. Hint: it starts with Affordable

PanJ, I've repeatedly warned you about utilizing FACTS when debating with Trump Cult members. You should know that thoroughly confuses them.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 16

Fishslayer: 
I'll assume you were equally outraged by the rise in costs of healthcare under the (un) affordable care act. 

Really? 

Name the much-criticized federal program that has saved the U.S. $2.3 trillion. Hint: it starts with Affordable

https://www.statnews.com/2019/03/22/affordable-care-act-controls-costs/

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors