Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump’s over-the-top, boastful AP interview, annotated

Message 11 of 15

Not sure the "confused mental state" is anything new. His entire life has been spent avoiding actual facts about the World around him, and there's decades of interviews that prove he speaks like a egomanical 7-year-old. Since the way we speak is the clearest indication of how we think, we need to accept the fact his MARVELOUS propaganda machine deceived enough people that they elected a manchild POTUS.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

All I hear is when President Trump does something good, the news media finds something else wrong... If he slips up and makes a mistake, they pounce ALL OVER THAT... President Trump will keep America safe and will ALWAYS PUT AMERICA FIRST... What a breath of FREASH AIR after all the Un-American "Leading From Behind Crap"...  Go Trump..!!  #MAGA

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

Trying to find the words which best describe Trump is exasperating. He is plain goofy at  times. Does he not think that people remember what he has already said before? Does he even remember what he has said before? I'm starting to think he doesn't remember what he has said in the past, he doesn't remember his lies and he may even believe some of them.

Sometimes I think that the most descriptive word is 'sociopath'.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

That talk about a Trump impeachment turns more serious. Morning Joe and crew comment on Trump's confused mental state. They are quite serious.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe

Scroll down to "President Trump's dizzying series of interviews"

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump’s over-the-top, boastful AP interview, annotated

Message 15 of 15

President Trump sat down with the Associated Press's Julie Pace on Friday, and what emerged was a conversation in which Trump bragged and boasted repeatedly — sometimes unprompted and using revisionist history — about what he's accomplished in his first 100 days as president. He did this all while dismissing the idea that the 100-day threshold even matters, despite hailing that same standard dozens of times late in his 2016 campaign.

Below is the transcript, which was released Sunday night, along with my annotations. To see an annotation, click on the yellow, highlighted text.

AP: I do want to talk to you about the 100 days.

TRUMP: Good.

AP: I want to ask a few questions on some topics that are happening toward the end of the interview.

TRUMP: Did you see Aya [Hijazi, an Egyptian-American charity worker who had been detained in the country for nearly three years] ...

AP: Can you tell me a little bit about how that came about?

TRUMP: No, just — you know, I asked the government to let her out. ...

TRUMP: You know Obama worked on it for three years, got zippo, zero.

AP: How did you hear about this story?

TRUMP: Many people, human rights people, are talking about it. It's an incredible thing, especially when you meet her. You realize — I mean, she was in a rough place.

AP: Did you have to strike a deal with [Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah] el-Sissi over this?

TRUMP: No. No deal. He was here. He — I said, "I really would appreciate it if you would look into this and let her out.” And as you know, she went through a trial. And anyway, she was let go. And not only she, it was a total of eight people. ...

TRUMP: Yeah, it's funny: One of the best chemistries I had was with (German Chancellor Angela) Merkel.

AP: Really?

TRUMP: Chancellor Merkel.

TRUMP: And I guess somebody shouted out, “Shake her hand, shake her hand,” you know. But I never heard it. But I had already shaken her hand four times. You know, because we were together for a long time.

AP: Did you expect you would have good chemistry with her?

TRUMP: No. Because, um, I'm at odds on, you know, the NATO payments and I'm at odds on immigration. We had unbelievable chemistry. And people have given me credit for having great chemistry with all of the leaders, including el-Sissi. ...

TRUMP: So it was a great thing to see that happen.

much more laughs at:  Trump’s over-the-top, boastful AP interview, annotated

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Replies