Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump’s over-the-top, boastful AP interview, annotated

Message 1 of 15

Myexper--This president is an idiot.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@umbarch64 wrote:

My spouse keeps insisting this will happen and I keep insisting it can't....not yet....not until the elecorate removes the spineless ideologues in the Republican Congress.  That's 2018 at the earliest.  Until then, party animals will continue to behave in their own interests as opposed to the  Nation's interests.  If you see things otherwise, let me in on why you think that.  Not criticizing, just sayin'. 

As evidence piles up, and barring more sabotage of the House Intelligence Committee by Republicans, it seems inevitable that the outcome of the Russian investigation will be some degree of unfavorable for them. How long will they be able to drag out, or impede the investigation? Four years? Anyway, one outcome could very well be grounds for his removal. Otherwise, I agree that it will be impossible with the cast of characters now present in Congress to impeach and remove him, however much he babbles on. (He's their babbler, like Somoza was an s.o.b. but he was our s.o.b.) But I do not think it's too soon to discuss the subject.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@pc6063 wrote:

myexper--some people seem to think he's really, really showing increased decline.  Let's face it, the bar has already been pretty darned low.

Yup .... but there's no low to which Trump supporters won't go!

About 3 weeks ago, there was a televised press show set up by the Trump administration to watch Trump sign a couple of his Executive Orders.

After a speech, wherein all Trump did was praise himself as usual, Trump walked out of the room without signing any of the EOs!!!

The camera then panned to show Pence quickly gathering up the EOs and chasing Trump down a hallway while carrying the unsigned EOs.!!!

UNBELIEVABLE! .... SETTING UP A PRESS SHOW TO BOAST ABOUT THE SIGNING OF EOs AND THEN WALK AWAY WITHOUT SIGNING THEM!!!!!!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

myexper--some people seem to think he's really, really showing increased decline.  Let's face it, the bar has already been pretty darned low.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Not sure the "confused mental state" is anything new. His entire life has been spent avoiding actual facts about the World around him, and there's decades of interviews that prove he speaks like a egomanical 7-year-old. Since the way we speak is the clearest indication of how we think, we need to accept the fact his MARVELOUS propaganda machine deceived enough people that they elected a manchild POTUS.

Trump's Russian oligarch buddies also helped immensely ..... interfering in the presidential election to enable a situation wherein an incompetent dufus would be elected ..... a "useful idiot" as the Russians refer to Trump!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

Just came back from a townhall.  Main concerns were health care (pre existing conditions), Russia, tax "reform,"  charter school vouchers, EPA, and Trump's mental state.

This townhall was very different from previous townhalls, as people, knowing that Congressman umbarch, Cent---Tom Reed throws away questions he doesn't want to deal with stood up, and began to address Mr. Reed about their concerns.

One gentleman, a lawyer, who had once worked for the same law firm that Trump now uses, (prior to having Trump as a client), and who had followed his heart to our area, married and began teaching at University of Fredonia in political science spoke.  He gave credit to Reed for doing a difficult job.  He then bluntly stated.  " We have a problem.  Trump was wacky before the election, but this guy is really losing it.  Not just in his actions, but listen to him speak.  He can no longe discern reality from fantasy."   "I, and others," he continued, "need to remind you all, that the twenty-fifth amendment to the Constitution, allows for the removal of a president who is mentally unfit to serve." 

The interview given in intial post speaks volumes with regard to this issue.  It is one that I have brought up in past posts. 

BTW,  it is 25th amendment, article 25.  This is not impeachment. it is removal of a president unfit to serve. 

Subpeonas are about to be served with regard to Russian collusion.  Trump's mental state, never good, is failing.  How sad that is may be a matter of which comes first--impeachment or removal due to total lack of fitness.  Time will tell.

Sociopath would be a correct description of one of Trump's mental disorders.  It is something that can be observed. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Trying to find the words which best describe Trump is exasperating. He is plain goofy at  times. Does he not think that people remember what he has already said before? Does he even remember what he has said before? I'm starting to think he doesn't remember what he has said in the past, he doesn't remember his lies and he may even believe some of them.

Sometimes I think that the most descriptive word is 'sociopath'.

I don't think "the donald" cares if people do or don't remember what he said.  I don't think he cares if what he said before does not conform to what he says now.  I don't think he bothers to remember what he said before because he doesn't really think it matters.  I don't think 'truth' has anything to do with "the donald's" behavior, because 'truth' is what you make it be and then it IS the 'truth'. A really good con-man is able to do that.  Not possible for anyone with a conscience. 

I do think that "the donald" absolutely believes that what he says is absolutely true at the time he says it and if later shown to be wrong he can always find 'fools' who will 'believe' it is someone else's fault he told a lie. "Sociopath" is only one of the words whose definition finds a home with "the donald".  I've mentioned a few before.  Anyway...new people do arrive here and read and form opinions.  What they see may be new to them...unlikely, but possible.  IF they vote in 2018, their vote will count...the least we can do is to allow them to become informed....can't make theim do it.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

@Albion61 wrote:

That talk about a Trump impeachment turns more serious. Morning Joe and crew comment on Trump's confused mental state. They are quite serious.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe

Scroll down to "President Trump's dizzying series of interviews"

My spouse keeps insisting this will happen and I keep insisting it can't....not yet....not until the elecorate removes the spineless ideologues in the Republican Congress.  That's 2018 at the earliest.  Until then, party animals will continue to behave in their own interests as opposed to the  Nation's interests.  If you see things otherwise, let me in on why you think that.  Not criticizing, just sayin'. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@DawgFan2016 wrote:

All I hear is when President Trump does something good, the news media finds something else wrong... If he slips up and makes a mistake, they pounce ALL OVER THAT... President Trump will keep America safe and will ALWAYS PUT AMERICA FIRST... What a breath of FREASH AIR after all the Un-American "Leading From Behind Crap"...  Go Trump..!!  #MAGA

Welcome to the forum, DawgFan.

Help us out here, if you would.  What do YOU think Trump has done "good"?

Was the kid shot by the cop in Texas, "safe"?

Were the two gentlmen from India "safe" when they were gunned down by a Trump supporter in OKlahoma at a bar?

Should all Americans be safe or just whites?

Are all American's rights "safe" under Trump?

What was "America first" about sending missles into Syria?

What was "America First" about dropping the MOAB in Afghanistan?  Wasn't that about helping the Afghan government survive?

If Obama made a mistake, did Fox, Hannity, Limblah or Beck cut him a break?  Did you?

Just saying....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

@DawgFan2016 wrote:

All I hear is when President Trump does something good, the news media finds something else wrong... If he slips up and makes a mistake, they pounce ALL OVER THAT... President Trump will keep America safe and will ALWAYS PUT AMERICA FIRST... What a breath of FREASH AIR after all the Un-American "Leading From Behind Crap"...  Go Trump..!!  #MAGA

You are certaininly most entitled to your opinion. but some like myself who happen to be Republicans are concerned with the road that we are traveling so far. There are many questions that have nothing to do with the media that need to be answered.  We think, evaluate, reseach, and then, once we are informed in whatever issue we are dealing with, we decide.
We need to know as to why, so far, he has not been able to follow what he promissed. we know that the Health Care program is is jeopardy in the Senata and probably will have lots of changes before is completed. 
We know, that the tax cuts for middle America is questionable, once all the deductions are taken away from the middle tax payer.
We need a comprehensive inmigration law and that is not even on the table. so far if it passes, the only thing that I see is the 15% reduction for the big corporations. 
Religious freedom is in jeopardy by now not having a clear vision on the Separation of Church and State. 
Like I have said, Too many questions not answered at this time.

Kudos
Views