Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump’s first month travel expenses cost taxpayers.....

Message 21 of 28

@MIseker wrote:
I picked up this article today...
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-obama-golf-235217

From your link....

"Donald Trump regularly assailed President Obama for playing golf, then spent the first weekends of his own presidency doing just that. He attacked Obama for using Air Force One to campaign, and did it over the weekend just a month into the job. He mocked Obama for heading out of Washington at taxpayer expense, but appears to have no qualms about doing so himself.

One month in, Trump is using the presidency to boost his political and personal goals — not breaking laws or ethics rules, experts say, but disputing his past criticisms and vows."

Hypocrisy, as pointed out by Chas and documented by the link above, is commonplace in the GOP.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 28
I picked up this article today...
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/trump-obama-golf-235217
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 28

@creppelrm wrote:

And where is the outrage from the Righteous Right???  When there was a storm of criticism when President Obama took a  vacation.  Why is there silence when it is their taxes paying for Trump's golfing adventures every weekend?  So much for "I will not take a vacation if I am your President'.  

It's called  H Y P O C R I S Y.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 28

And where is the outrage from the Rightous Right???  When there was a storm of criticism when President Obama took a  vacation.  Why is there silence when it is their taxes paying for Trump's golfing adventures every weekend?  So much for "I will not take a vacation if I am your President'.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 28

'Crickets' from the Right on this? It's hard to imagine a poster trying to defend Trump in light of this.

How about our resident Obama vacation expert?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 28

There goes that dollar to doughnuts bet!! When you live like a king, you come to expect to continue to be treated like a king--even if you're really the "so called president of the US!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 28

And this rate, Trump will surpass Obama's total for EIGHT years, in just his first year.  Fiscal Conservative?  Not with your money.... 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump’s first month travel expenses cost taxpayers.....

Message 28 of 28

just less than what Obama spent in a year!  Remember Trump's campaign promise: "“I would rarely leave the White House" as he was complaining about the cost of Obama's travel?  I love watching this administration implode, except that it is my sons who will suffer the most for our loss. 

On Monday, President Trump returns to Washington DC from his private Mar-a-Lago club in Florida, where he’s spent the last three weekends.

The Washington Post reports that those three trips “probably cost the federal treasury about $10 million, based on figures used in an October government report analyzing White House travel, including money for Coast Guard units to patrol the exposed shoreline and other military, security and staffing expenses associated with moving the apparatus of the presidency.”

Taxpayers are also on the hook for protecting First Lady Melania Trump, who has decided to continue living in New York City. According to the Post, police officials estimate the annual cost of guarding Trump Tower could be as high as $183 million.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-first-month-travel-expenses-11-million-a1feb6cd829b#.lsw6zt7uz

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors