Get on the Road Without Breaking the Bank – Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Here 

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Trump’s “fascist” roots lie in the Republican Party

Message 131 of 156 (137 Views)

Trump’s “fascist” roots lie in the Republican Party

The American Nazi party was a 'thing' in 1939, it had over a million members, America isn't immune to fascism or Nazism.

Nothing exceptional about Americans when it comes to Nazism, on the contrary I would argue the history of indigenous peoples genocide, slavery, underground resistance to the US government ( AKA the Klan ) glorification and romanticising of the Confederacy, and Jim Crow makes the US particularly susceptible to fascism in some form.

In Mein Kampf, Hitler called America the "one state" making progress toward the creation of the kind of order he wanted for Germany. 

I think we're seeing a resurgence, or maybe it is a regression towards fascism in the US. Nazis are just one aspect of that, but it's something everyone can understand.

It's strange to me, my family fought the Nazis, and some died doing it,  I grew up on movies of Americans fighting Nazis, I saw so many movies about the Holocaust I got tired of them, and yet here we are.

Treasured Social Butterfly

Message 132 of 156 (138 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

A left wing writer does an op ed in a left wing news site on the ongoing theme "Trump is a fascist" a year ago and a poster trots it out like it was some shocking new piece of news.

This topic is just a rehash of an old topic. Out comes the xenophobic and racism jazz again. And the "strongman" stuff again. Both Hitler and Mussolini get honorable mention.

I cna't see how anyone can live with so much hatred in them

LMAO!  Another Conservative practicing what they learned from Saul Alinsky...."Ridicule is man's most potent weapon" and ""Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

At least one Conservative here practices these "rules" everyday....just as Rush Limblah does.....as does, Sean Hannity.  Just far too funny......

Going off topic to attack another poster shows a weakness in commitment to the issue. Bringing up El Rushbo and Hannity along with the ever childish "LMAO" - further demonstrates that weakness.

It appears to me that if a person truly believes in the topic, they find ways to support that view.

Very good, "rk".  Now all you have to do is read your previous posts and understand you did exactly what you accuse another of doing.  Good work......"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

Back to your obsession, me. Have you given up on the silly idea about Republicans and fascism?

LOL......ahhhhh, the ego of a TROLL.  They always think it's about them....just like their guy, trumpy.

btw, the Fascist Five sure are a defensive lot.  But instead of being so defensive, it might be prudent if they actually opened their eyes to what's actually happening; but that would mean they actually care to understand; don't we know better?

How fascist is Donald Trump? There’s actually a formula for that.

3.5 Benito's.....

Its amazing how the "name Calling" from the left actually makes them think they are winning a debate.  The minute you start name calling and ridiculing your opponents personally, you have already forfeited the debate.  

Normal people can disagree in a civil manner so what does this post say?

The arrogance of the left is part of the reason "Normal" people move away from them.  Could that also be one of the reasons the left has lost over 1000 seats in government?

The willful ignorance on display by the left on this board speaks volumes!

VIMTSTL

Message 133 of 156 (130 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

A left wing writer does an op ed in a left wing news site on the ongoing theme "Trump is a fascist" a year ago and a poster trots it out like it was some shocking new piece of news.

This topic is just a rehash of an old topic. Out comes the xenophobic and racism jazz again. And the "strongman" stuff again. Both Hitler and Mussolini get honorable mention.

LMAO!  Another Conservative practicing what they learned from Saul Alinsky...."Ridicule is man's most potent weapon" and ""Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it."

At least one Conservative here practices these "rules" everyday....just as Rush Limblah does.....as does, Sean Hannity.  Just far too funny......

Going off topic to attack another poster shows a weakness in commitment to the issue. Bringing up El Rushbo and Hannity along with the ever childish "LMAO" - further demonstrates that weakness.

It appears to me that if a person truly believes in the topic, they find ways to support that view.

Very good, "rk".  Now all you have to do is read your previous posts and understand you did exactly what you accuse another of doing.  Good work......"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

Back to your obsession, me. Have you given up on the silly idea about Republicans and fascism?

LOL......ahhhhh, the ego of a TROLL.  They always think it's about them....just like their guy, trumpy.

btw, the Fascist Five sure are a defensive lot.  But instead of being so defensive, it might be prudent if they actually opened their eyes to what's actually happening; but that would mean they actually care to understand; don't we know better?

How fascist is Donald Trump? There’s actually a formula for that.

3.5 Benito's.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 134 of 156 (132 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

More name calling of the President... Oh yeah.  My apologies for calling him a wealthy businessman.  Whah.

"trumpy"

what does that have to do with Trump being a fascist?  Do you really need a primer?

I believe if one is to make such a charge, a primer on their logic would be valuable.

You guys are just too predictable and have no argument for anything so you resort to childish name calling.  Well, if those guyz are so predictable, why are you whing?  The predictable ones are those who will support trumpy no matter what he does.  As AC said, "He could crap on his desk and you'd make excuses for him".  THAT'S predictable.

"guyz"??

If Trump is what you accuse him of all of the ones that disagreed with him would be dead. Nope, not all fascists are alike. The list of "dead" has been quite long....not many are standing tall in the WH.  Tillerson's day's may be short as is Kelly's.  Who would want to work for him? Certainly not anyone with class or ethics.

Again "fascist" - your definition as it applies to the President would certainly be useful. The same people who call his a dictator also mock him for not building the wall - somewhat contradictory.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 135 of 156 (130 Views)

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

You have a "scroll button" if you don't wish to discuss the topic.

Why would you say I don't want to discuss it. I obviously pointed out the flaws in the logic(?) above.

You didn't actually discuss the topic. But then, you hardly ever do.

The topic is an op/ed piece. I stated my position re that op/ed piece.

How about you, any thoughts on the topic? Or, if that is too complex for you, you can post about me again.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 136 of 156 (125 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Hugo Chavez was a "Fascist" dictator.

Donald Trump is nothing like Hugo Chavez.

This is just one more post from the very emotional left intended to "insult" the President (duly elected) and anyone that supports his agenda.

More proof that Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.  The need to name call the President and voters that support his agenda is even more proof of posters allowing their "emotions" to rule their behavior as to how they treat other people.  Its very sad.  "You will get what you give."

Since this behavior is typical of the current democrat party it also explains why the democrats have lost over 1000 seats in government over the past 8 years.  Voters are tired of their childish behavior. (I know I am and many democrats have left the party as a result)

The American voters are looking for leadership with a positive vision for our country.  That is NOT Fascist...  Its love for your country.

The 2018 election is coming up soon and it will signal the direction the country will take during the 2020 general election.

Another aspect of this - those who want more and more power placed in the hands of the central government and, basically, a one Party system throw the word dictator around. I wonder what they think that sort of concentration of power leads to.

Why don't you ask trumpy?  He was the one who thought he could just make promises and everyone would fall in line and accept and approve them.  He was the one who claimed he was the great "deal maker".  Fact is, he can't bully his way through deals like he could as a wealthy businessman.

Trump discovers the limits of his power

Focus - Democrats/Republicans, which tries to centralize power inside the Beltway and increase their control over the lives of the citizens??

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 137 of 156 (115 Views)

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

Message 138 of 156 (131 Views)

jimc91 wrote:

Centristsin2010 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

jimc91 wrote:

Hugo Chavez was a "Fascist" dictator.

Donald Trump is nothing like Hugo Chavez.

This is just one more post from the very emotional left intended to "insult" the President (duly elected) and anyone that supports his agenda.

More proof that Trump Derangement Syndrome is real.  The need to name call the President and voters that support his agenda is even more proof of posters allowing their "emotions" to rule their behavior as to how they treat other people.  Its very sad.  "You will get what you give."

Since this behavior is typical of the current democrat party it also explains why the democrats have lost over 1000 seats in government over the past 8 years.  Voters are tired of their childish behavior. (I know I am and many democrats have left the party as a result)

The American voters are looking for leadership with a positive vision for our country.  That is NOT Fascist...  Its love for your country.

The 2018 election is coming up soon and it will signal the direction the country will take during the 2020 general election.

Another aspect of this - those who want more and more power placed in the hands of the central government and, basically, a one Party system throw the word dictator around. I wonder what they think that sort of concentration of power leads to.

Why don't you ask trumpy?  He was the one who thought he could just make promises and everyone would fall in line and accept and approve them.  He was the one who claimed he was the great "deal maker".  Fact is, he can't bully his way through deals like he could as a wealthy businessman.

Trump discovers the limits of his power

More name calling of the President... Oh yeah.  My apologies for calling him a wealthy businessman.  Whah.

what does that have to do with Trump being a fascist?  Do you really need a primer?

You guys are just too predictable and have no argument for anything so you resort to childish name calling.  Well, if those guyz are so predictable, why are you whing?  The predictable ones are those who will support trumpy no matter what he does.  As AC said, "He could crap on his desk and you'd make excuses for him".  THAT'S predictable.

If Trump is what you accuse him of all of the ones that disagreed with him would be dead. Nope, not all fascists are alike. The list of "dead" has been quite long....not many are standing tall in the WH.  Tillerson's day's may be short as is Kelly's.  Who would want to work for him? Certainly not anyone with class or ethics.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 139 of 156 (129 Views)

rk9152 wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote:

rk9152 wrote:

You have a "scroll button" if you don't wish to discuss the topic.

Why would you say I don't want to discuss it. I obviously pointed out the flaws in the logic(?) above.

You didn't actually discuss the topic. But then, you hardly ever do.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 140 of 156 (118 Views)

Apparently, some here are incapable of comprehending that not every member of the Republican Party endorsed Donald.    Mr. Kagan has written articles on this exact topic for more than a year and yes, he is a Republican.  

I realize that WIKI can be problematic, but I can only suggest the deniers would read his history...or look up his campaign donations before they erroneously label him as a 'liberal" or "Dem"

A few moments of due diligence  would show the articles that this man has written  AND when.    From 2016:   https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/this-is-how-fascism-comes-to-america/2016/05/17/c4e32c58-1c4...

Do the denialist of this man's political history read anything that questions their POV.    Do people who support White Nationalist just ignore that part of Republican history.    The Party has selected a person running for a Senator Position in the Deep South that embraces White Nationalism and one of his funders is even more radical than he is.   

This thread highlights who it is on this site that wants to keep the US population divided.  Is the GOP response here is a perfect example of their 'outreach" across the aisle?