Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump's dire climate report hands ammunition to Democrats

Message 11 of 31

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I think you are partially right! Most Republicans know that the burning of fossil fuels creates CO2 which is a greenhouse gas thus giving warming to the climate. The degree of warming that this brings is questionable to all but the most brainwashed. Republicans don't know if people freeze all winter and fry all summer while stop buying cars, lawnmowers, etc will do anything significant to "improve the climate" (whatever that means).

Further, Democrats that want to create "carbon taxes" to waste on other government programs or give away to other countries is unacceptable to Republicans.

So, the way I see it, try on, without assistance from Republicans!

So you do realize that by not paying the real cost of the energy you are consuming you are in fact one of the "takers" that you rail against?  By insisting on having the Government subsidise your energy usage, you are simply passing a bill (and a much higher bill) to people in the future.  Sounds pretty selfish and non-conservative to me. 

Some of the REAL Republicans actually believe in Science.  Republicans used to be the more educated party.  Now Republicans elect Representatives who believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old, evolution is nonsense, conspiracy theories are real and Science is bad. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-05-10/political-winds-not-science-sway-conse...

Republicans are STILL the more educated party and believers in science, proven by your post!

WOW! What a useful discussion.  Your entire scientific expertise seems to be summed up by the same idiotic logic that Anthony Watts uses that it is simply not happening (where have I heard that before?)

So you believe somebody like Greg Gianforte, recently reelected and endorsed by Trump, should be a leader considering he doesn't have the temperament and is a young earth creationist?

How about you, do you believe in evolution, or is that a "scientific hoax".

As I stated earlier, the Republicans used to be the party of education.  Now, they appear to be a party of uneducated individuals who think they are smarter than people who are experts in their fields.

I notice you didn't bother to comment on how it feels to be on "energy welfare" where you will be expecting others to foot the bills that you are running up.  Who is going to be responsible for rebuilding infrastructure, protecting coastal cities, moving and relocating coastal cities that are too costly to protect, moving farmlands, etc?

Since you never bother to have a real scientific discussion, I am not holding my breath that your response will be anything more substantive than "I know I am right and no facts can prove otherwise".

You and the rest of the left are on energy welfare as well as other types of welfare so don't lecture me on welfare since the left is the welfare queen. If you were knowledgeable on science, I would waste my time conversing scientifically, but you're NOT!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 31

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

I think you are partially right! Most Republicans know that the burning of fossil fuels creates CO2 which is a greenhouse gas thus giving warming to the climate. The degree of warming that this brings is questionable to all but the most brainwashed. Republicans don't know if people freeze all winter and fry all summer while stop buying cars, lawnmowers, etc will do anything significant to "improve the climate" (whatever that means).

Further, Democrats that want to create "carbon taxes" to waste on other government programs or give away to other countries is unacceptable to Republicans.

So you do realize that by not paying the real cost of the energy you are consuming you are in fact one of the "takers" that you rail against?  By insisting on having the Government subsidise your energy usage, you are simply passing a bill (and a much higher bill) to people in the future.  Sounds pretty selfish and non-conservative to me. 

Some of the REAL Republicans actually believe in Science.  Republicans used to be the more educated party.  Now Republicans elect Representatives who believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old, evolution is nonsense, conspiracy theories are real and Science is bad. 

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-05-10/political-winds-not-science-sway-conse...

Republicans are STILL the more educated party and believers in science, proven by your post!

WOW! What a useful discussion.  Your entire scientific expertise seems to be summed up by the same idiotic logic that Anthony Watts uses that it is simply not happening (where have I heard that before?)

So you believe somebody like Greg Gianforte, recently reelected and endorsed by Trump, should be a leader considering he doesn't have the temperament and is a young earth creationist?

How about you, do you believe in evolution, or is that a "scientific hoax".

As I stated earlier, the Republicans used to be the party of education.  Now, they appear to be a party of uneducated individuals who think they are smarter than people who are experts in their fields.

I notice you didn't bother to comment on how it feels to be on "energy welfare" where you will be expecting others to foot the bills that you are running up.  Who is going to be responsible for rebuilding infrastructure, protecting coastal cities, moving and relocating coastal cities that are too costly to protect, moving farmlands, etc?

Since you never bother to have a real scientific discussion, I am not holding my breath that your response will be anything more substantive than "I know I am right and no facts can prove otherwise".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 31

@sp362 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
I think some Republicans KNOW that climate change is real, but they are so completely addicted to big oil money, they cannot stop the addiction. The rest of the GOP are either in denial or since they are told what to think about climate change by their news source Faux News, they simply fall in line without questioning anything.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 31

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:
I think some Republicans KNOW that climate change is real, but they are so completely addicted to big oil money, they cannot stop the addiction. The rest of the GOP are either in denial or since they are told what to think about climate change by their news source Faux News, they simply fall in line without questioning anything.

Where did you get the idea that there was any question about the degree of warming caused by man made pollution? The science is pretty clear on this point and there has never been a single study which refutes it. I'd ask you to quote such a study but I am beginning to find the sound of crickets boring. 

The carbon taxes you mention were proposed by the Republicans as a way of using the free enterprise system to curb carbon emissions. When their big dollar donors protested, the Republicans backed away. Now that Exxon- Mobile say climate change is real, isn't your unsupported position just a bit "out there"?

It seems that most programs which improve the lives of Americans are passed without the help of Republicans.  Fortunately, every inch of sea level rise and every massive forest fire brings more opponents to the Republican "denier" platform. 

Some won't want to do anything until Florida is under water. Unfortunately it will be too late then.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 31

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

Where did you get the idea that there was any question about the degree of warming caused by man made pollution? The science is pretty clear on this point and there has never been a single study which refutes it. I'd ask you to quote such a study but I am beginning to find the sound of crickets boring. 

The carbon taxes you mention were proposed by the Republicans as a way of using the free enterprise system to curb carbon emissions. When their big dollar donors protested, the Republicans backed away. Now that Exxon- Mobile say climate change is real, isn't your unsupported position just a bit "out there"?

It seems that most programs which improve the lives of Americans are passed without the help of Republicans.  Fortunately, every inch of sea level rise and every massive forest fire brings more opponents to the Republican "denier" platform. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 31

one can hope we are slowly waking up to reality. The only way to get our country to change, is to vote out the deniers, but knowers. Like I said many GOP know climate change is real, they are just helpless and hopelessly addicted to big oil money and its lobby.. We next get a great chance to vote out the deniers in 2020!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 31

If it weren't for all of the science deniers we would have switched to alternative renewable fuels decades ago and perhaps climate change would already be slowing. I am afraid we are approaching the tipping point of no return.

Could people be waking up to reality?  Perhaps, we have only had one Right Wing denying response so far.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 31
"Republicans used to be the more educated party. "
Until they met lobbyists!!!! They used to be pro environmental, until they met the oil lobby and their pockets became lined with BIG OIL MONEY.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 31

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Tom5678 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 31

@Tom5678 wrote:

Kudos
Views