Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

Message 81 of 105

alferdpacker, it is standard practice for dictators to squash or make war on the media. It is a a tried and true practice that dictators cannot maintain control without a favorable media. Therefore it comes as no surprise that Donald Trump is referring to "mainstream media" shch as ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and MSNBC as "fake news" while praising Fox News and Brietbart as presenting "real news". Of course those two sources mainly present favorable stories and opinions regarding Donald Trump while the "mainstream media" normally carefully vets their stories and the people tho deliver the opinions are usually well read and well educated experiences journalists. 

The reason who those media sources and outlets are called the "mainstream media" is that they mostly present a fair and balanced reporting of the news. Their commentary is labeled as commentary and opinion and they usually present both sides of controversial issues. For example, I like Morning Joe on MSNBC in the early morning. Joe Scarbrough is a real conservative, not a far right winger and a former Republican congressman from Florida. Mika's father was National Security Advisor to President Jimmy Carter. So they present an intelligent and fairly balanced presentation of the news events. 

The problem with Donald Trump is that for his entire life, he has surrounded himself with synchophants and yes men who bow down to him. When you run a business that has your name on the building or company letterhead, you can get away with that, although such management is a very bad way to run any business.

But Donald Trump is nothing more than a spoiled little child who, if he can't get his way throws a temper tantrum and lashes out at everyone around him. He is acting worse than my four year old grandson. At least when he throws a temper tantrum or hits his younger brother, he goes to the "time out" corner and has to stand there by himself until he has an attitude adjustment. If I did that when I was four years old, I just got a spanking. 

The problem is that the Trump cultists just cannot see that they are being conned and controlled by what amounts like a 71 year old man with the maturity of a five year old boy. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump's War On The Media

Message 82 of 105

Donald Trump is the king of Fake News and LIES in the White House.

• He LIED about Amazon and the Post Office
  • He LIED about taxpayers funding the Post Office
  • He LIED about Amazon costing the Post Office Money

Of course, Trump Cult members will never complain about Trump's rampant dishonesty.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 105

Hilariously, the ignoble donald supporters often type their nonsense without bothering to know that while they are complaing and whining, they seemed ot have missed that they are also throwing some of their own "journalists" / pundits under the bus - for daring to complain about anything that donald does. 

No, this is not the Fox News guy who represents any opposition to the RW talking heads, who are not journalists, but this is SE Cupp, who got thrown under the bus for daring to say a bad word about Sinclair...   That is the RW purity party at work:  https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2018/04/03/company-line-cupp-smears-sinclair...

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 105

@gruffstuffwrote:

Oh look Nazi finger pointing

Look at this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

'Hail Trump!': White Nationalists Salute the President-Elect

Real Nazis in Washington DC Seig Heiling Trump and saying Seig Heil Donald Trump.

Who would know a Nazi when they see one better  then real self admitted and proud Nazis.

The rhetoric ........ does the rhetoric sound familiar?

To me this sounds like the garbage that comes out of the mouth of you and other posters on this forum.

Then you try to respond to  criticism by posting images that are clearly not Seig Heil salutes and claiming some false equivalency or what, the Nazis didn't actually mean Seig Heil Donald Trump what they said Seig Heil Donald Trump and did the Nazi salute?

Did Trump ever actually repudiate  those Seig Heils and salutes?

I don't think so, it was just more nod and winks, until Charolottsville,  following widespread criticism and pressure  to denounce Nazis, and then is was brief  and generic , like he was forced to do something he didn't want to do, which IMO was exactly the case.

I voted for President Trump. I support his agenda - does that make me a Nazi.

He said nothing to support them in Charlottsville. There were more than Nazis and antifas there. He pointed that out.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 105

@gruffstuffwrote:

Five topics on Sinclair. I get the feeling you do not like him.

I don't know the Sinclairs personally, I judge Sinclair broadcasting by their actions.

If you guys haven't watched the Deadspin video  on this you should, just follow the link or google deadspin sinclair.

It's really creepy, if this is Making America Great I'd hate to see it when 1984 doublespeak kicks in.

It's like a Orwellian nightmare come true.

I've seen Fox do something similar with MSM broadcasts. Interestingly enough, in the deadspin flic I saw Fox, ABC, CBS, and NBC backgrounds.

Before throwing in Orwell, it might be advisable to decide if you agree or disagree with the veracity of the statements being made. Orwell was about propaganda, not truth.

Also, I saw nothing about MAGA in that flic.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 105

Oh look Nazi finger pointing

Look at this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o6-bi3jlxk

'Hail Trump!': White Nationalists Salute the President-Elect

Real Nazis in Washington DC Seig Heiling Trump and saying Seig Heil Donald Trump.

Who would know a Nazi when they see one better  then real self admitted and proud Nazis.

The rhetoric ........ does the rhetoric sound familiar?

To me this sounds like the garbage that comes out of the mouth of you and other posters on this forum.

Then you try to respond to  criticism by posting images that are clearly not Seig Heil salutes and claiming some false equivalency or what, the Nazis didn't actually mean Seig Heil Donald Trump what they said Seig Heil Donald Trump and did the Nazi salute?

Did Trump ever actually repudiate  those Seig Heils and salutes?

I don't think so, it was just more nod and winks, until Charolottsville,  following widespread criticism and pressure  to denounce Nazis, and then is was brief  and generic , like he was forced to do something he didn't want to do, which IMO was exactly the case.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 105

Five topics on Sinclair. I get the feeling you do not like him.

I don't know the Sinclairs personally, I judge Sinclair broadcasting by their actions.

If you guys haven't watched the Deadspin video  on this you should, just follow the link or google deadspin sinclair.

It's really creepy, if this is Making America Great I'd hate to see it when 1984 doublespeak kicks in.

It's like a Orwellian nightmare come true.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 105

Trump lies twice as often as he tells the truth - it's a verified documented fact.

The media repeats his lies -  giving him butthurt to have - again - been proved a liar.

He attacks the media because it shows proof on a daily basis to the world that he's incompetent - and a liar.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 105

Kudos
Views