Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump's War On The Media

Message 51 of 105

Hey Centrist, isn't it scary when you see obedient Trump Cult members defend every move by their hero, even when he attacks the free press, a pillar of our democracy? They are buried so deep in the cult, they try to pretend other Presidents did the same thing. I'm LOL.

In my lifetime, every President has shown respect for the press. That doesn't mean there were no disagreements, but other than Trump, none of them declared the free press an enemy of the people.

Can you imagine the uproar if President Obama had banned the U.S. press from the White House while allowing the Russian press into the Oval Office?  Another example of the huge double standard between President Obama and their idol in the White House. Trump supporters would never let that issue die, they would have uploaded thousands of posts calling Obama a communist. I'm sorry, but I have to LOL once more.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

Message 52 of 105

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

"How does it feel being one of the few only ones able to think for themselves?"

It's scary. I wish others would think for themselves instead of demonstrating blind loyalty to their hero in the White House.

More of your partisan accusations.   Can you prove your accusations that anyone has blind loyalty to anyone?  And where do you get this hero stuff?  Can't civilly discuss anything without resorting to accusations like another similar poster?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 105

@Centristsin2010wrote:

"Even Obama".  Bawahahaha.  Hilarious. Not one President before #45 has called the free press, "the enemy of the people".  Just more Fake News....

Fake news?  That has become a common reply from the Amen Corner when something is said they don't like. 

There have been plenty of Presidents who has had feuds with the press.  Roosevelt did, and the press even called for his impeachment (sound familiar today); Truman also had disagreements, even when a critic was down on his daughter's piano playing.

And didn't Obama forbid any interviews with FOX?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 105

@Olderscout66wrote:

Believing in scurlous lies and supporting those who feed them to you does NOT make you "free", it's volunteering to become a slave.

Like the man said "You have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts."

And is that your opinion or is it facts?  I would believe that it is your personal opinion based on your partisan views?  I would believe that everything you have posted is very partisan.

Nothing is based on original thinking, but repeating the liberalism of the crowd. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 105

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Here is an item that so far has not gotten much coverage. Trumps crew is working on placing a 35% Tariff on News Print paper coming from Canada. Why? One small Co. in Washington State Complained. Most news print paper comes from Canada and there are not enough plants in the US to make it, nor is there enough material to make it. If that happens the cost to produce each paper will go up at least 50%. Our weekly paper has said they will go out of business as even with the on line part they can not make money. This will effect the large papers the same way. They can cut costs by not covering Trump and all the scandals he has, or raise prices. No matter what the press does the ability to tell us what is going on is greatly reduced. Trump uses this as the first step to control the press, and what it tells us. As I have said we are on the same path as Germany in the 1930. Look at what their dictator did to the press as he came to power. He ended the free press, and now Trump does the same thing. Another step by our Dictator.  Follow what Hitler did, and then match it to what Trump has done, and will be doing. END THIS IN THE US BY NOT VOTING FOR ANYONE WITH AN R BEHIND THEIR NAME IN NOV.  WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Hitler raised the cost of newspapers????? Where do you get this stuff??

Nobody but rk said that.

Der Fuhrer forced the German liberal press out of existence - a well established fact.

Der Trumper is attempting to force our free press out of existence. So far, all he's done is cement his followers belief in fantasy and rejection of fact, but he's a terrible public speaker compared to the average 5th grader, so it will take him time to reach Hitler's level of pursuasion. DO NOT GIVE HIM THE TIME. VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 105

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

"Hasn't every President attempted to do that?  Even Obama. "

That is one of the most absurd comments I've seen in this forum. "No doubt".  Trump has bellowed from day one about Fake News and ranted about the press being an enemy of the people. I've never seen any other President do anything remotely similar. 

Trump kept the U.S. press out of the White House when the Russian ambassador was here, while allowing the Russian reporter into the Oval House. This is insanity. Indeed!

The comment above illustrates blindly loyalty from Trump Cult members. They do not think for themselves and they parrot everything Trump says on TV.  It truly is embarrassing, CeeTee.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Trump's War On The Media

Message 57 of 105

"How does it feel being one of the few only ones able to think for themselves?"

It's scary. I wish others would think for themselves instead of demonstrating blind loyalty to their hero in the White House.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 105

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Trump is doing what all budding dictators do, try to control the media. Since day one he's described the free press as "an enemy of the people". 

Hasn't every President attempted to do that?  Even Obama. "Even Obama".  Bawahahaha.  Hilarious. Not one President before #45 has called the free press, "the enemy of the people".  Just more Fake News....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 105

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

"I'm LOL"

Of course you're 'LOL'.  It's reflected in your posts accusing others of not being able to think for themselves because of their political opinions not correlating with yours.

How does it feel being one of the few only ones able to think for themselves?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 105

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

That is one of the most absurd comments I've seen in this forum. Trump has bellowed from day one about Fake News and ranted about the press being an enemy of the people. I've never seen any other President do anything remotely similar. 

The comment above illustrates blindl loyalty from Trump Cult members. They do not think for themselves and they parrot everything Trump says on TV.

That is an insult to the constitutional right of others to their own political opinion.  The blind loyalty here is those who are dogmatic in their respect of others having the differing opinion.   No, I see more following the leader and lack of thinking for themselves on the part of those who are engaging in 'group think' like those of yourself.

Believing in scurlous lies and supporting those who feed them to you does NOT make you "free", it's volunteering to become a slave.

Like the man said "You have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts."

FACT: The Reagan Tax scam RAISED taxes on the bottom 99% and caused the greatest redistribution of wealth - from the middle to the very top - in the history of Civiliazation.

FACT: Obamacare REDUCED the growth of medical costs for the first time in 50 years and gave PRIVATE health insurance to 34 MILLION Americans.

FACT: Raising the SS "cap" to $250,000 immediately will make the system solvent forever.

FACT: The Trump Tax scam handed $1.4 Trillion to the Corporate Oligarchs who have already used it to buy back stock and give one-time bonuses to some workers who will soon lose their jobs because nothing is being invested to keep them competative in the world economy.

FACT: The FBI is the most respected "police force" in the World and Republicans are trying to make it a political hit team.

FACT: Privatization is just another insideous redistribution of wealth from the citizens of the USA to the Oligarchs.

Kudos
Views