Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

Message 41 of 105

@Olderscout66wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Here is an item that so far has not gotten much coverage. Trumps crew is working on placing a 35% Tariff on News Print paper coming from Canada. Why? One small Co. in Washington State Complained. Most news print paper comes from Canada and there are not enough plants in the US to make it, nor is there enough material to make it. If that happens the cost to produce each paper will go up at least 50%. Our weekly paper has said they will go out of business as even with the on line part they can not make money. This will effect the large papers the same way. They can cut costs by not covering Trump and all the scandals he has, or raise prices. No matter what the press does the ability to tell us what is going on is greatly reduced. Trump uses this as the first step to control the press, and what it tells us. As I have said we are on the same path as Germany in the 1930. Look at what their dictator did to the press as he came to power. He ended the free press, and now Trump does the same thing. Another step by our Dictator.  Follow what Hitler did, and then match it to what Trump has done, and will be doing. END THIS IN THE US BY NOT VOTING FOR ANYONE WITH AN R BEHIND THEIR NAME IN NOV.  WAKE UP PEOPLE.

Hitler raised the cost of newspapers????? Where do you get this stuff??

Nobody but rk said that.

Der Fuhrer forced the German liberal press out of existence - a well established fact.

By raising the cost of paper via tariffs??????

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 105

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Hey Centrist, isn't it scary when you see obedient Trump Cult members defend every move by their hero, even when he attacks the free press, a pillar of our democracy? They are buried so deep in the cult, they try to pretend other Presidents did the same thing. I'm LOL.

Image result for pity the fools

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 105

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

"How does it feel being one of the few only ones able to think for themselves?"

It's scary. I wish others would think for themselves instead of demonstrating blind loyalty to their hero in the White House.

We are here but you are unable to see it because of your blind hatred for the President. Do you have any idea how often you post that "hero" nonsense without a single example or bit of proof as to motivations?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 105

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

That is one of the most absurd comments I've seen in this forum. Trump has bellowed from day one about Fake News and ranted about the press being an enemy of the people. I've never seen any other President do anything remotely similar. 

The comment above illustrates blindl loyalty from Trump Cult members. They do not think for themselves and they parrot everything Trump says on TV.

That is an insult to the constitutional right of others to their own political opinion.  The blind loyalty here is those who are dogmatic in their respect of others having the differing opinion.   No, I see more following the leader and lack of thinking for themselves on the part of those who are engaging in 'group think' like those of yourself.

Believing in scurlous lies and supporting those who feed them to you does NOT make you "free", it's volunteering to become a slave.

And allowing yourself to be controlled by hatred makes you a slave to it.

Like the man said "You have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts."

FACT: The Reagan Tax scam RAISED taxes on the bottom 99% and caused the greatest redistribution of wealth - from the middle to the very top - in the history of Civiliazation.

FACT: The above is not true no matter how many times it is repeated.

FACT: Obamacare REDUCED the growth of medical costs for the first time in 50 years and gave PRIVATE health insurance to 34 MILLION Americans.

FACT: It did not reduce the cost, it just passed the bill to someone else.

FACT: Raising the SS "cap" to $250,000 immediately will make the system solvent forever.

FACT: It will not work if those paying increased "contributions" receive comparable payout.

FACT: The Trump Tax scam handed $1.4 Trillion to the Corporate Oligarchs who have already used it to buy back stock and give one-time bonuses to some workers who will soon lose their jobs because nothing is being invested to keep them competative in the world economy.

FACT: It is none of your business what anyone does with their own property.

FACT: The FBI is the most respected "police force" in the World and Republicans are trying to make it a political hit team.

FACT: True (first part) and what a shame that a few corrupted individuals have damaged it's reputation. As to the second part, that is the corruption of the Obama Administration I refer to.

FACT: Privatization is just another insideous redistribution of wealth from the citizens of the USA to the Oligarchs.

It has been around for a long time and has nothing to do with anything more insidious than government officials finding the most efficient way to discharge their responsibilities. 

FACT: Delta Airlines did not move to GA to get tax breaks any more than any of your above has any basis in FACT.

And still - trump supporters don't give credit to the Russian bots...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 105

@Olderscout66wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

That is one of the most absurd comments I've seen in this forum. Trump has bellowed from day one about Fake News and ranted about the press being an enemy of the people. I've never seen any other President do anything remotely similar. 

The comment above illustrates blindl loyalty from Trump Cult members. They do not think for themselves and they parrot everything Trump says on TV.

That is an insult to the constitutional right of others to their own political opinion.  The blind loyalty here is those who are dogmatic in their respect of others having the differing opinion.   No, I see more following the leader and lack of thinking for themselves on the part of those who are engaging in 'group think' like those of yourself.

Believing in scurlous lies and supporting those who feed them to you does NOT make you "free", it's volunteering to become a slave.

And allowing yourself to be controlled by hatred makes you a slave to it.

Like the man said "You have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts."

FACT: The Reagan Tax scam RAISED taxes on the bottom 99% and caused the greatest redistribution of wealth - from the middle to the very top - in the history of Civiliazation.

FACT: The above is not true no matter how many times it is repeated.

FACT: Obamacare REDUCED the growth of medical costs for the first time in 50 years and gave PRIVATE health insurance to 34 MILLION Americans.

FACT: It did not reduce the cost, it just passed the bill to someone else.

FACT: Raising the SS "cap" to $250,000 immediately will make the system solvent forever.

FACT: It will not work if those paying increased "contributions" receive comparable payout.

FACT: The Trump Tax scam handed $1.4 Trillion to the Corporate Oligarchs who have already used it to buy back stock and give one-time bonuses to some workers who will soon lose their jobs because nothing is being invested to keep them competative in the world economy.

FACT: It is none of your business what anyone does with their own property.

FACT: The FBI is the most respected "police force" in the World and Republicans are trying to make it a political hit team.

FACT: True (first part) and what a shame that a few corrupted individuals have damaged it's reputation. As to the second part, that is the corruption of the Obama Administration I refer to.

FACT: Privatization is just another insideous redistribution of wealth from the citizens of the USA to the Oligarchs.

It has been around for a long time and has nothing to do with anything more insidious than government officials finding the most efficient way to discharge their responsibilities. 

FACT: Delta Airlines did not move to GA to get tax breaks any more than any of your above has any basis in FACT.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 105

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

What's good for the goose is good for the gander...

Have a good afternoon Alferd.

They always are...

But for the grace of a benign deity, I might have become a trumeptoonie...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 105

@alferdpackerwrote:

Have a good afternoon Alferd.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 105

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

You repeatedly use the expression - "I would believe" thereby failing to establish that you are relying on and citing emprirical (sic) fact and proved portions of the real world - and are instead merely posting your own opinions - that may or may not be verified to be based upon any proved fact(s)...

Yes, what I post is my own opinion regardless of whether it is factual information or not.  Just as what you post is only your information regardless of whether you use provable facts or not.  What everyone posts is their opinion regardless of whether they include provable sources or not.  No one is going to post anything that would be against their opinion. 

And some in an effort to denigrate what others post will pick out some insignificant point not having to do with the topic to criticize; there are those here who will go after the grammar, spelling, etc; or bring up something not even having to do with the topic such as religion, or something else meant to criticize.

As far as Trump, I would say that there are those here who are emulating him in his attacks on the media albeit towards other posters.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 105

@alferdpackerwrote:

You repeatedly use the expression - "I would believe" thereby failing to establish that you are relying on and citing emprirical (sic) fact and proved portions of the real world - and are instead merely posting your own opinions - that may or may not be verified to be based upon any proved fact(s)...

Yes, what I post is my own opinion regardless of whether it is factual information or not.  Just as what you post is only your information regardless of whether you use provable facts or not.  What everyone posts is their opinion regardless of whether they include provable sources or not.  No one is going to post anything that would be against their opinion. 

And some in an effort to denigrate what others post will pick out some insignificant point not having to do with the topic to criticize; there are those here who will go after the grammar, spelling, etc; or bring up something not even having to do with the topic such as religion, or something else meant to criticize.

As far as Trump, I would say that there are those here who are emulating him in his attacks on the media albeit towards other posters.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 105

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

And is that your opinion or is it facts?  I would believe that it is your personal opinion based on your partisan views?  I would believe that everything you have posted is very partisan.

Nothing is based on original thinking, but repeating the liberalism of the crowd. 

You repeatedly use the expression - "I would believe" thereby failing to establish that you are relying on and citing empirical fact and proved portions of the real world - and are instead merely posting your own opinions - that may or may not be verified to be based upon any proved fact(s)...

So it can be accurately concluded that you are merely banging the bias contained in the content of your opinion against the percieved opposing bias of another's opinion - resulting in "sound and fury signifying nothing"... 

However, should the opposing opinion have any verifiable facts involved in the arriving of that opposing opinion - it's an entirely different situation...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views