Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
135
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

135 Views
Message 31 of 105

@rk9152wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

"How does it feel being one of the few only ones able to think for themselves?"

 

It's scary. I wish others would think for themselves instead of demonstrating blind loyalty to their hero in the White House.


We are here but you are unable to see it because of your blind hatred for the President. Do you have any idea how often you post that "hero" nonsense without a single example or bit of proof as to motivations?


Nobody "hates" Lemontop - we hate what he's doing to destroy America. The proof of his hero-worship cult of followers is 30% STILL approve of him. the "proof" of motivation is simple: All he's done is attack minorities, insult our allies and rant for War with Iran and North Korea. Those who cheer are either braindead or in favor of persecuting minorities, destroying our alliances and starting more Wars. If they're NOT, they'd stop cheering.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
135
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
129
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

129 Views
Message 32 of 105

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

 

 

That is one of the most absurd comments I've seen in this forum. Trump has bellowed from day one about Fake News and ranted about the press being an enemy of the people. I've never seen any other President do anything remotely similar. 

 ...

 

The comment above illustrates blindl loyalty from Trump Cult members. They do not think for themselves and they parrot everything Trump says on TV.


 

 

That is an insult to the constitutional right of others to their own political opinion.  The blind loyalty here is those who are dogmatic in their respect of others having the differing opinion.   No, I see more following the leader and lack of thinking for themselves on the part of those who are engaging in 'group think' like those of yourself.

 

 


Believing in scurlous lies and supporting those who feed them to you does NOT make you "free", it's volunteering to become a slave.

And allowing yourself to be controlled by hatred makes you a slave to it.

 

Like the man said "You have a right to your own opinion, but not to your own facts."

FACT: The Reagan Tax scam RAISED taxes on the bottom 99% and caused the greatest redistribution of wealth - from the middle to the very top - in the history of Civiliazation.

FACT: The above is not true no matter how many times it is repeated.

LIE: Check the tax tables and deductions before and after Reagan. When the money was collected as taxes it went to the middle class who did the work the Government paid for. When it went to the 1%, they kept it for themselves. How do you think the concentration of wealth at the top happened?

FACT: Obamacare REDUCED the growth of medical costs for the first time in 50 years and gave PRIVATE health insurance to 34 MILLION Americans.

FACT: It did not reduce the cost, it just passed the bill to someone else.

LIE It DID reduce the cost by removing the handout to the Corporate providers ($71Billion/year) AND it slowed the growth of costs by keeping people with Obamacare healthy so their use of medical services was reduced

FACT: Raising the SS "cap" to $250,000 immediately will make the system solvent forever.

FACT: It will not work if those paying increased "contributions" receive comparable payout.

LIE. The payout is based on a 30-year average of contributions, so for 30 years the increase in revenue will exceed the increase in payout. During that time the SSTF will increase to the point the interest earned will outweigh the increased payout and the system is solvent forever.

FACT: The Trump Tax scam handed $1.4 Trillion to the Corporate Oligarchs who have already used it to buy back stock and give one-time bonuses to some workers who will soon lose their jobs because nothing is being invested to keep them competative in the world economy.

FACT: It is none of your business what anyone does with their own property.

LIE It is my business when it's my tax money that was intended to boost the economy, not the personal fortunes of the Oligarchs

FACT: The FBI is the most respected "police force" in the World and Republicans are trying to make it a political hit team.

FACT: True (first part) and what a shame that a few corrupted individuals have damaged it's reputation. As to the second part, that is the corruption of the Obama Administration I refer to.

LIE. If there is corruption to the level needed to derail that high profile an investigation, the system must be corrupt and that is what the NRAGOP is saying, despite the fact the head of the FBI disgraced himself and the agency with his unprecidented slander against Hillary

FACT: Privatization is just another insideous redistribution of wealth from the citizens of the USA to the Oligarchs.

It has been around for a long time and has nothing to do with anything more insidious than government officials finding the most efficient way to discharge their responsibilities. 

LIE. In private sector, it is something that did not exist before the Reaganscam made it possible for the Oligarchs to keep all the profits for themselves. In Government, it did not exist before Reagan initiated the NRAGOP drive to destroy Government Unions and give all Government functions to the private sector. There never has been an example where the privatization of a Government function resulted in better or less expensive services for the public that is being served by the function.

 

FACT: Delta Airlines did not move to GA to get tax breaks any more than any of your above has any basis in FACT.

MEANINGLESS. Delta moved to Atlanta in the 1940's BEFORE Corporations learned they could blackmail cities and states. Now their threat is to move if they don't get MORE tax breaks.


 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
129
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
131
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

131 Views
Message 33 of 105

@john258wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Here is an item that so far has not gotten much coverage. Trumps crew is working on placing a 35% Tariff on News Print paper coming from Canada. Why? One small Co. in Washington State Complained. Most news print paper comes from Canada and there are not enough plants in the US to make it, nor is there enough material to make it. If that happens the cost to produce each paper will go up at least 50%. Our weekly paper has said they will go out of business as even with the on line part they can not make money. This will effect the large papers the same way. They can cut costs by not covering Trump and all the scandals he has, or raise prices. No matter what the press does the ability to tell us what is going on is greatly reduced. Trump uses this as the first step to control the press, and what it tells us. As I have said we are on the same path as Germany in the 1930. Look at what their dictator did to the press as he came to power. He ended the free press, and now Trump does the same thing. Another step by our Dictator.  Follow what Hitler did, and then match it to what Trump has done, and will be doing. END THIS IN THE US BY NOT VOTING FOR ANYONE WITH AN R BEHIND THEIR NAME IN NOV.  WAKE UP PEOPLE.


Hitler raised the cost of newspapers????? Where do you get this stuff??


Nobody but rk said that.

Der Fuhrer forced the German liberal press out of existence - a well established fact.

 

By raising the cost of paper via tariffs??????


 


Well the experts proved correct again about the far right. Underucated, can not think for themselves, etc.  How little they undertsand so it is possible for their leaders to use them as pawns.


I have not seen any expert relate being "Underucated" to control of the media via tariffs on paper. Possibly you could expand on your "underucated" theory - by the numbers of course so we can all "undersand" it.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
131
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
128
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

128 Views
Message 34 of 105

@Olderscout66wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

"How does it feel being one of the few only ones able to think for themselves?"

 

It's scary. I wish others would think for themselves instead of demonstrating blind loyalty to their hero in the White House.


More of your partisan accusations.   Can you prove your accusations that anyone has blind loyalty to anyone?  And where do you get this hero stuff?  Can't civilly discuss anything without resorting to accusations like another similar poster?

 

 


Its something that can be proven by observing the Trump supporters and having successfully completed the 4th grade.

The observation provides all the required evidence and the educational attainment makes sure you can correctly process the observational data.


Tx - that is a bit convoluted but I do believe it makes your point. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
128
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
124
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

124 Views
Message 35 of 105

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Here is an item that so far has not gotten much coverage. Trumps crew is working on placing a 35% Tariff on News Print paper coming from Canada. Why? One small Co. in Washington State Complained. Most news print paper comes from Canada and there are not enough plants in the US to make it, nor is there enough material to make it. If that happens the cost to produce each paper will go up at least 50%. Our weekly paper has said they will go out of business as even with the on line part they can not make money. This will effect the large papers the same way. They can cut costs by not covering Trump and all the scandals he has, or raise prices. No matter what the press does the ability to tell us what is going on is greatly reduced. Trump uses this as the first step to control the press, and what it tells us. As I have said we are on the same path as Germany in the 1930. Look at what their dictator did to the press as he came to power. He ended the free press, and now Trump does the same thing. Another step by our Dictator.  Follow what Hitler did, and then match it to what Trump has done, and will be doing. END THIS IN THE US BY NOT VOTING FOR ANYONE WITH AN R BEHIND THEIR NAME IN NOV.  WAKE UP PEOPLE.


Hitler raised the cost of newspapers????? Where do you get this stuff??


Nobody but rk said that.

Der Fuhrer forced the German liberal press out of existence - a well established fact.

 

By raising the cost of paper via tariffs??????


 


Well the experts proved correct again about the far right. Underucated, can not think for themselves, etc.  How little they undertsand so it is possible for their leaders to use them as pawns.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
124
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
120
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

120 Views
Message 36 of 105

@Olderscout66wrote:


Its something that can be proven by observing the Trump supporters and having successfully completed the 4th grade.

The observation provides all the required evidence and the educational attainment makes sure you can correctly process the observational data.


I'm sure I'm fully capable of observation after a lifetime of doing so, including an analytical background.  A good many of the posts here remind me of the young kids I supervised along the years.  Have to admit the majority of them were more intelligent sounding.

 

At least I don't go around using such terms as GOPers, NRAGOP, etc. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
120
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
116
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

116 Views
Message 37 of 105

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

"How does it feel being one of the few only ones able to think for themselves?"

 

It's scary. I wish others would think for themselves instead of demonstrating blind loyalty to their hero in the White House.


More of your partisan accusations.   Can you prove your accusations that anyone has blind loyalty to anyone?  And where do you get this hero stuff?  Can't civilly discuss anything without resorting to accusations like another similar poster?

 

 


Its something that can be proven by observing the Trump supporters and having successfully completed the 4th grade.

The observation provides all the required evidence and the educational attainment makes sure you can correctly process the observational data.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
116
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
119
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

119 Views
Message 38 of 105

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Hey Centrist, can you believe one of our Trump Cult members, who's agreed with everything Trump said and did the past 2 years, as in 100% of the time, claims he can think for himself? That is a bizarre definition of independent thinking, isn't it?


Probably more than some here who follows the liberal line.

 

And even more so can't stay on topic without attempting to launch personal attacks and insults on other posters.  And all because they have a different opinion than your dogmatic one.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
119
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
114
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

114 Views
Message 39 of 105

@Centristsin2010


 



Its a shame when someone who claims to be a senior cannot express themselves without having to resort to pictures, probably copyrighted.  


Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
114
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
119
Views

Trump's War On The Media

119 Views
Message 40 of 105

Hey Centrist, can you believe one of our Trump Cult members, who's agreed with everything Trump said and did the past 2 years, as in 100% of the time, claims he can think for himself? That is a bizarre definition of independent thinking, isn't it?

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
119
Views