Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump's War On The Media

Message 1 of 105

@rk9152wrote:

@john258wrote:

Since this subject seems to going off track in to some of the silly far right nonsense I put something I posted about a few days ago in hopes we get back to the real subject. Trump war on the media.

There is a tariff being worked on now to put a 35% (You can check the amount) one on Canadian news print coming into the US. One small mill in WA complained. If this is done the cost of producing the papers (printing) will go up 52%. The assoc. of newspapers says this will put a lot of small papers out of business (That includes the one in my area as they announced this). It will increase the cost to large papers like NY Times, DC Post. They can raise prices which will decrease buyers, or absorb cost and reduce in depth news stories like all the Trump corruption. This is another small step by Dictator Trump to kill the free press. Sad thing is there not enough plants or material to make all the paper in the US so we see Dictator Trump following Dictator Hitler path.

Did Hitler really squash the free press via a tariff on paper?

No.  

But it would not be at all surprising for dim-witted and obtuse trump supporters to swallow that lie - hook, line, and sinker - and proceed to attempt to spread that lie to their dim-witted and obtuse fellow trump supporters...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 105

@john258wrote:

Since this subject seems to going off track in to some of the silly far right nonsense I put something I posted about a few days ago in hopes we get back to the real subject. Trump war on the media.

There is a tariff being worked on now to put a 35% (You can check the amount) one on Canadian news print coming into the US. One small mill in WA complained. If this is done the cost of producing the papers (printing) will go up 52%. The assoc. of newspapers says this will put a lot of small papers out of business (That includes the one in my area as they announced this). It will increase the cost to large papers like NY Times, DC Post. They can raise prices which will decrease buyers, or absorb cost and reduce in depth news stories like all the Trump corruption. This is another small step by Dictator Trump to kill the free press. Sad thing is there not enough plants or material to make all the paper in the US so we see Dictator Trump following Dictator Hitler path.

Did Hitler really squash the free press via a tariff on paper?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 105

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Trump is doing what all budding dictators do, try to control the media. Since day one he's described the free press as "an enemy of the people". 

Hasn't every President attempted to do that?  Even Obama. 

Can you show where Obama tried to control the mainstream media? Can you show where Obama called them  "the enemy of the people" ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/opinion/sunday/if-donald-trump-targets-journalists-thank-obama.ht...

Obama didn't bar the press ..................

Neither has Trump, only certain individuals who were not there for news.

he didn't call the press "the enemy of the people" .................

Well, he did jail some.

he didn't call the media "fake news" .............

Neither does Trump - only those who are part of the "fake news"

your majesty trump did.

No, it was Hillary looking for her entitled coronation. Trump is President.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 105

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 105

@rk9152wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Trump is doing what all budding dictators do, try to control the media. Since day one he's described the free press as "an enemy of the people". 

Can you show where Obama tried to control the mainstream media? Can you show where Obama called them  "the enemy of the people" ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/30/opinion/sunday/if-donald-trump-targets-journalists-thank-obama.ht...

Obama didn't bar the press .................. he didn't call the press "the enemy of the people" ................. he didn't call the media "fake news" ............. your majesty trump did.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 105

@rk9152wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Williamb said, "rk, your relevance in the conversation diminishes every time you espouse support for trump"

I completely agree.

Of course you do.

Yep, like any intelligent rational thinking person would.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 105

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@williamb39198wrote:

@rk9152

rk, your relevance in the conversation diminishes every time you espouse support for trump. A friend of mine who had served in Vietnam from 48 years ago said something that I have always remembered to this day, and very much applies to you...”I feel for you, but I can’t reach you”. You have wandered way off the plantation!

I would send you a map, but I can’t find you 

Your post, like many of your posts, does not bear any connectivity to the topic and would be better on the "rk" topic.

Then why don't you start that "rk topic", since it would be your favorite??????

I'm not the one constantly going off topic to obsess about rk.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 105

@ChasKy53wrote:

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 105

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Phyllis, it's the responsibility of real Americans to resist anyone who tries to silence the free press, which is the foundation for any democracy. The fact that members of the Trump Cult defend his attacks on our free press proves they do NOT put America first, they put their hero in the White House first.

Do "real Americans" not have responsibilities to deal with the forces that have corrupted the free press?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 105

@phyllisc6781wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

" it is a responsibility of the President to call out violations of that important part of our society for they are truly an "enemy of the people"

Violations? I'm LOL. The definition of a violation for Trump and his minions is any news media outlet which criticizes him. 

The real enemy of the people is the pathological liar in the White House who is supported 100% by his blind, loyal cult members as Trump continually attacks our free press.

The most flagrant violator with regard to doing damage to the American society is the idol of the under educated, not too intelligent, easily led trump supporters. 

This idiot needs to be taken out of power before he does even more irreparable damage to this country. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

"Taken out of power"????

"under educated, not too intelligent, easily led trump supporters" - you are insulting fellow posters with your elitist self-puffery.

Kudos
Views