Are you as smart as a high-tech car? Take this quiz and test your knowledge.
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump's Trade War Impact on the Economy

Message 1 of 4

Here's a bright spot for Trump's Trade War that was on PBS Nightly Business Report:

The maker of Sharpies and Elmer`s Glue said it was able to offset tariffs by returning production of some goods back to the U.S.
It negotiated exemptions and also it raised prices.
Shares rose more than 14 percent to $18.99.

But I read this that leads me to believe jobs will not really be coming back to America. From 2012:

You might think of Coca-Cola as the quintessentially American company. In fact it is a vast global enterprise, operating in 206 countries.
Muhtar Kent, the CEO of Coke explains "We have a factory in Ramallah that employs 2,000 people. We have a factory in Afghanistan. We have factories everywhere.
Nearly 80% of Coca-Cola's revenue comes from outside the U.S., and an even greater percentage of its employees are in foreign countries."
"We are a global company that happens to be headquartered in Atlanta" says Kent.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Trump's Trade War Impact on the Economy

The cost increase notices I'm getting are between 2.9 and 25% wholesale. Average around 5%

Impact example item cost a dollar, it is  marked  up 25% cost to consumer is $ 1.25

Item cost a $ 1.05 and it's marked up 25% cost to consumer is $ 1.31

Wages went up 3% 

SS COLA  is less then 3%?

Think even a small amount of inflation is moving wages and pensions backwards.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4
@CriticalThinking said: trade war will destroy consumer confidence in American brands

I guess we'll have to go for store brand for a while.

This BOZO will not be happy until we are all broke, and he is still rich. Much which is illegal most likely.

Do you think it will be just Democrats hit by all this, or all Republicans getting a Break by The Bozo?
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump's Trade War Impact on the Economy

Message 4 of 4

P&G CEO David Taylor worries trade war will destroy consumer confidence in American brands

• P&G won an exemption in October to some of the tariffs imposed on the steel used to make its Gillette razors.
  • Rising commodity costs forced P&G to hike prices on Pampers, Bounty paper towels, Charmin toilet paper and Puffs tissues in recent months.
  • 'It's not good. I believe, and our company believes, in free and open trade,' Taylor says.
Kudos
Views
Replies