Honored Social Butterfly

Trump's Ties To Epstein

Unpacking Donald Trump's Ties to Jeffrey Epstein, as Shown in Netflix's Filthy Rich

Here's how the president was connected to the late sex offender.

Netflix’s Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich focuses on the most important figures in the Jeffrey Epstein saga—sexual assault survivors. But it also tells stories of the late multimillionaire financier and convicted sex offender’s ties to some of the most influential men in the world. And though there were plenty of big names in Epstein’s little black book, he at one point counted two presidents among his friends: Bill Clinton and Donald Trump.

Trump and Epstein’s friendship ended in an apparent falling out, but the Epstein story still intersected with the future president’s political life. Here’s what you need to know.

Both Trump and Epstein were fixtures in New York and Palm Beach society circles.

The wealthy pair were fixtures of the 1980s and 1990s society scene. “In those days, if you didn’t know Trump and you didn’t know Epstein, you were a nobody,” famed attorney Alan Dershowitz, who’s served as a lawyer for both men, told The New York Times last year.

The same Times article told of a party the future president hosted at his Mar-a-Lago club in 1992. The guest list? Epstein, Trump, and 28 “calendar girl” competition contestants. Ten years later, Trump told New York Magazine that he’d known Epstein for 15 years. “Terrific guy,” said Trump. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.” Trump’s name appears on the flight log for Epstein’s plane, and Epstein’s brother claimed that Trump flew on the aircraft “numerous times

When the allegations against Epstein became national news in 2019, Trump distanced himself from the convicted sex offender, saying that he “was not a fan” of the disgraced financier and eventually banned him from Mar-a-Lago.

And it does seem to be true that the two had a falling out in the years following that now-infamous New York Magazine quote. The Washington Post reported that in 2004 the two men each tried to buy the same Palm Beach mansion. Trump eventually won the auction, and later sold the home for more than twice the $41.35 million he spent on it. But the Post reported that the competition over the beachfront property spelled the end of Trump and Epstein’s friendship.

During the 2016 election, an anonymous woman filed and then dropped a lawsuit accusing Trump of raping her at a party hosted by Epstein in 1994, when she was just 13-years-old. Trump denied the allegations as being “categorically false,” and reporters have also deemed the account to be potentially unreliable, as it was shopped to the media by fringe figures that included a former Jerry Springer producer. According to Vox, the sole journalist who was able to interview the anonymous accuser, “came away confused and even doubting whether [she] really exists.”

Epstein’s plea deal became a scandal for a member of Trump’s cabinet.

In 2005, a Florida woman told police that her stepdaughter had been molested by a rich local man. That tip led to an investigation by Palm Beach police and the FBI that uncovered multiple alleged victims who told of a “sexual pyramid scheme” in which girls were hired to recruit other young women to be molested, with victim counts numbering in the dozens.

This content is imported from YouTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

In 2007, Epstein was indicted on sexual abuse charges that could have garnered him a life sentence. But instead, then-Miami US attorney Alexander Acosta cut Epstein a deal that found the financier of pleading guilty to soliciting prostitution from a minor in exchange for serving just 13 months in Palm Beach county jail. He was allowed to leave the jail for 12 hours a day almost every day of the week under a work release program that was supposed to exclude sex offenders.

“Acosta can talk until he's blue in the face about what they had and what they couldn't do,” Joe Berlinger, director of Netflix docuseries Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich, told Esquire. “but it was an unprecedented, unheard of sweetheart deal.”

That deal would catch up with Acosta, who eventually became President Trump’s labor secretary, more than a decade later. Amid outrage over the leniency of the deal granted Epstein, Acosta stepped down from his cabinet position in 2019.

“He felt the constant drumbeat of press about a prosecution which took place under his watch more than 12 years ago was bad for the Administration, which he so strongly believes in,” tweeted Trump, “and he graciously tendered his resignation.”

GABRIELLE BRUNEYGabrielle Bruney is a writer and editor for Esquire, where she focuses on politics and culture.

See video and more at link:

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a32784116/jeffrey-epstein-donald-trump-connection-friendshi...

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

The most notorious tie to Epstein is by Trump wherein he, along with Epstein, was accused of repeatedly raping a 14 year old sex slave of Epstein's.

Trump was sued by a woman who testified that she was repeatedly raped by Trump and Epstein when she was Epstein's sex slave. She stated that, after the repeated rapes, Trump and Epstein bragged about who stole her virginity.

The woman had to drop her law suit after she and her family were threatened by Trump's thugs.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Pretty sure most States have laws against pedophilia, so even if Toad were to pardon her, she'll still have some legal problems. Wonder what she might have to barter with? Is Putin the only one with tapes of donny? 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Ghislaine Maxwell seeks release on $5 million bail and argued that her criminal case is barred by a nonprosecution deal that the now-dead Epstein signed with federal authorities years ago.

Her lawyers also proposed that she be released into home confinement with electronic monitoring in New York as her criminal case proceeds.

A bail hearing for her is scheduled for Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan.

“Ms. Maxwell vigorously denies the charges, intends to fight them, and is entitled to the presumption of innocence,” her lawyers, Mark Cohen and Jeffrey Pagliuca, wrote in their filing.

The attorneys said that the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on prisoners, warrants Maxwell’s release on bail, not only for health reasons but also to allow her to assist with her legal defense.
The also argued for bail on the grounds that she “has strong ties to the community,” holds American citizenship, has resided in the U.S. for decades and has no criminal record
They also said Maxwell would have a security staff who could report to authorities, and that she would also agree to limit any travel to New York City, Long Island and several counties north of the city.
The filing said that Maxwell had not had contact with Epstein, a former boyfriend, for more than a decade before he died in August in a federal jail in Manhattan from what has been officially ruled a suicide by hanging.

The lawyers said the charges against her of “conspiracy, enticement of minors, and transporting of minors charges are time-barred and otherwise legally flawed,” and that the two perjury charges “are subject to dismissal on several legal grounds.”

“But sometimes the simplest point is the most critical one: Ghislaine Maxwell is not Jeffrey Epstein,” the lawyers wrote.

“She was not named in the government’s indictment of Epstein in 2019, despite the fact that the government has been investigating this case for years. Instead, the current indictment is based on allegations of conduct that allegedly occurred roughly twenty-five years ago.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/10/jeffrey-epstein-case-ghislaine-maxwell-seeks-release-on-5m-bail.html

Will she sing like a bird or suffer in silence?

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

ChasKy53 thread..

Unpacking Donald Trump's Ties to Jeffrey Epstein, as Shown in Netflix's Filthy Rich

===========================================

I think it was as an attempt to make Trump look bad. As this thread has turned out it did not. In fact it back fired as it has shown that Clinton had more connections with Epstein.

Be care careful when you start a thread.
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ChasKy53 thread..

Unpacking Donald Trump's Ties to Jeffrey Epstein, as Shown in Netflix's Filthy Rich

I think it was as an attempt to make Trump look bad. As this thread has turned out it did not. In fact it back fired as it has shown that Clinton had more connections with Epstein.

Hope you watched the Trump hour today from the White House by Trump.

Trump wished the women who worked with Jeffery well and hopped everything worked out for her. He also said he new her and Jeffery well over a long period of time in NY and FL.

Once again the Trump enablers show how little they know about what is really going on.

Honored Social Butterfly

Trump speaks on Ghislaine Maxwell: ‘I wish her well, frankly’

President Trump said Tuesday that he wishes the best for Ghislaine Maxwell, who is jailed on charges she helped convicted pedophile Jeffrey Epstein procure underage girls.

“I don’t know, I haven’t really been following it too much. I just wish her well, frankly,” Trump said when asked whether he thinks she will use what she reportedly knows about other powerful men to get herself out of trouble.

“I’ve met her numerous times over the years, especially since I lived in Palm Beach and I guess they lived in Palm Beach, but I wish her well.”

The president told reporters he doesn’t know if Prince Andrew is guilty of misconduct.

“Whatever it is, I don’t know the situation with Prince Andrew, I just don’t know. I’m not aware of that,” Trump said.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/21/trump-on-ghislaine-maxwell-i-wish-her-well-frankly/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in 2015...

President Trump condemned his ex-pal Jeffrey Epstein’s private Caribbean island as a “cesspool” — and he invited reporters to grill Prince Andrew about the place, according to newly resurfaced footage.

“That island was an absolute cesspool, there’s no question about it,” Trump told reporters, according to a clip posted by the Sun newspaper.

“Just ask Prince Andrew,” Trump dished, flashing a slightly mischievous smile before adding, “He’ll tell you about it. The island was an absolute cesspool.”

Trump linked the Duke of York to Epstein’s so-called “Pedophile Island” while talking to reporters about President Clinton’s own links to the pervy millionaire.

Trump was responding to questions posed by Fox News host Sean Hannity at the conservative CPAC in February, 2015, prior to his entering the presidential race.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/17/trump-condemns-jeffrey-epsteins-cesspool-private-island/

Honored Social Butterfly

gmax trump waving.jpg

Honored Social Butterfly

Fox anchor Bret Baier brought up the president’s 'well-wishes' to White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, noting how Maxwell was charged with recruiting and sexually abusing underage girls.

“That raises some eyebrows, Kayleigh,” Baier added.

“What the president was noting is that the last person who was charged in this case ended up dead in a jail cell and the president wants justice to be served for the victims in this case and he prefers this to play out in a courtroom,” McEnany replied, referencing Epstein’s apparent jail-cell suicide.

After McEnany confirmed she has spoken to the president about his Maxwell remarks, Baier noted that “a lot of people were saying it just seemed a strange answer,” prompting the spokeswoman to characterize Trump as a heroic figure in regards to Epstein.

“This president is the president that banned Jeffrey Epstein from coming to Mar-a-Lago,” she exclaimed. “This president was always on top of this, ahead of this, noting this, banning this man from his property long before this case was even being played out in a court of law.”

Prior to an apparent falling out with Epstein in 2004, which appears to have been over a real-estate competition, Trump hung out socially with the late financier for years.

As recently as 2002, Trump called Epstein a “terrific guy” whom he had known for 15 years. The two of them threw a 1992 party at Mar-a-Lago that featured a guest list of Epstein, Trump, and 28 “calendar girls.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kayleigh-mcenany-absurdly-spins-trump-wishing-ghislaine-maxwell-well-o...

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@gordyfl wrote:

Fox anchor Bret Baier brought up the president’s 'well-wishes' to White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany, noting how Maxwell was charged with recruiting and sexually abusing underage girls.

“That raises some eyebrows, Kayleigh,” Baier added.

“What the president was noting is that the last person who was charged in this case ended up dead in a jail cell and the president wants justice to be served for the victims in this case and he prefers this to play out in a courtroom,” McEnany replied, referencing Epstein’s apparent jail-cell suicide.

After McEnany confirmed she has spoken to the president about his Maxwell remarks, Baier noted that “a lot of people were saying it just seemed a strange answer,” prompting the spokeswoman to characterize Trump as a heroic figure in regards to Epstein.

“This president is the president that banned Jeffrey Epstein from coming to Mar-a-Lago,” she exclaimed. “This president was always on top of this, ahead of this, noting this, banning this man from his property long before this case was even being played out in a court of law.”

Prior to an apparent falling out with Epstein in 2004, which appears to have been over a real-estate competition, Trump hung out socially with the late financier for years.

As recently as 2002, Trump called Epstein a “terrific guy” whom he had known for 15 years. The two of them threw a 1992 party at Mar-a-Lago that featured a guest list of Epstein, Trump, and 28 “calendar girls.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kayleigh-mcenany-absurdly-spins-trump-wishing-ghislaine-maxwell-well-o...

tRump's ties to Epstein and to her are "yuge" !   This smells like a pardon is in the works. Oh, wait, he can't pardon her if the trial isn't over by the end of the year.  Hmmm ..... she may 'sing' on tRump !

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ChasKy53 thread..

To a trump supporter, anything factual that shows trumps corruption is just "an attempt to make him look bad".  Trump's own idiocy and corruption are what makes him "look bad".  Distracting with Clinton isn't working, this thread is about tRump's ties to Epstein. Be careful when you ignore the truth.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

ChasKy53 posted..

To a trump supporter, anything factual that shows trumps corruption is just "an attempt to make him look bad". Trump's own idiocy and corruption are what makes him "look bad". Distracting with Clinton isn't working, this thread is about tRump's ties to Epstein. Be careful when you ignore the truth.

============================================================

Me think you see that this thread has back fired.

FYI.. The subject of this thread is about ties to Epstein!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ChasKy53 posted..

To a trump supporter, anything factual that shows trumps corruption is just "an attempt to make him look bad". Trump's own idiocy and corruption are what makes him "look bad". Distracting with Clinton isn't working, this thread is about tRump's ties to Epstein. Be careful when you ignore the truth.

============================================================

Me think you see that this thread has back fired.

FYI.. The subject of this thread is about ties to Epstein!

It's erroneous to think even for one minute that bringing up Clinton has "backfired" this topic.

tRump had strong ties to Epstein and his now accomplice-in-jail has the goods on that. She has tapes of of prominent wealthy people having sex with young girls according to one of her ex-partners. Yep, Trump very well may be brought into this, unless of course she mysteriously dies like Epstein did.

Honored Social Butterfly

Ghislaine Maxwell is being moved from “cell to cell” in her Brooklyn lockup — over fears someone will try to kill the accused Jeffrey Epstein madam before she stands trial, according to a report.

The Post already revealed how the 58-year-old British socialite was forced to wear paper clothes and sleep on a bare mattress so she couldn’t hang herself with clothes or bed sheets like Epstein.
Now insiders have told The Mail on Sunday that prison officials are so “terrified someone will try to kill her” that they are constantly moving her around inside the Metropolitan Detention Center in Brooklyn.

“She is being moved from cell to cell and sometimes has a cellmate, sometimes not,” an insider told the UK paper.

https://nypost.com/2020/07/12/ghislaine-maxwell-reportedly-being-moved-from-cell-to-cell/

Metropolitan Detention Center, Brooklyn...

brooklyn jail.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

ChasKy53 posted..

It's erroneous to think even for one minute that bringing up Clinton has "backfired" this topic.

==================================================

I believe that the reason you started this thread was to continue the bashing of Trump. I do not think you thought when you started this thread that it would lead to showing that Clinton had more ties to Epstien than Trump.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ChasKy53 posted..

I believe that the reason you started this thread was to continue the bashing of Trump. I do not think you thought when you started this thread that it would lead to showing that Clinton had more ties to Epstein than Trump.

Hate to break the news to you but Clinton does not have more ties to Epstein than Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ChasKy53 posted..

I believe that the reason you started this thread was to continue the bashing of Trump. I do not think you thought when you started this thread that it would lead to showing that Clinton had more ties to Epstien(sic) than Trump.

This is a discussion group, I post topics to discuss them, if nobody posted topics there would be nothing to discuss. Distraction by bringing someone else into the topic is not discussion of the topic, it is distraction. Denial is not discussion of the topic and discrediting others is also not discussing the topic. Do you have anything to say about tRump's ties to Epstein (the topic)? Yes there are many. If Epstein's partner in crime doesn't mysteriously die like Epstein did, we may be seeing her reveal some of Epstein's ties to tRump.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

ChasKy53 posted...

This is a discussion group, I post topics to discuss them, if nobody posted topics there would be nothing to discuss. Distraction by bringing someone else into the topic is not discussion of the topic, it is distraction. Denial is not discussion of the topic and discrediting others is also not discussing the topic. Do you have anything to say about tRump's ties to Epstein (the topic)? Yes there are many. If Epstein's partner in crime doesn't mysteriously die like Epstein did, we may be seeing her reveal some of Epstein's ties to tRump.

-----------------------------------------------------------

". Distraction by bringing someone else into the topic is not discussion of the topic, it is distraction. "

So if you start a thread other poster can not post things that pertain to the subject of the thread? This thread is "Trump's Ties To Epstein" so I think its open to Clinton's ties to Epstein...silly me! Sorry!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
ChasKy53 posted...

-----------------------------------------------------------

". Distraction by bringing someone else into the topic is not discussion of the topic, it is distraction. "

So if you start a thread other poster can not post things that pertain to the subject of the thread? This thread is "Trump's Ties To Epstein" so I think its open to Clinton's ties to Epstein...silly me! Sorry!

Pardon me but  "the subject of the thread" is Trump's Ties To Epstein, it is not Clinton's.

Go on and try to distract with whatever you want but it just isn't working With just  a little research (on something you should already know), Trump's ties with Epstein go way, way back to when they were both young, they knew each other and associated for multiple decades. Ignoring that and distracting with anyone else won't make it go away, it's reality. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

This gets more intriguing...

Ghislaine Maxwell is secretly married and refuses to reveal her spouse, prosecutors say.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@gordyfl wrote:

This gets more intriguing...

Ghislaine Maxwell is secretly married and refuses to reveal her spouse, prosecutors say.

Male of female? Young or old? Who knows? I just know that they better not let her out on bail, she will flee and hide.

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png