Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump's Recent Interview On Breibart

Message 31 of 48

I'm not a member of the alt-left. I have basically voted Republican all my life, but I could not bring myself to vote for Trump. During the campaign, the things he did, the things he said, and what he continues to do and say, turn my stomach. I was appalled watching him whip up the crowds into a dangerous frenzy; it was seeing Pavlov's theory at work: he said "Hillary," they automatically say ". . .", he said "Who's gonna pay for it," they obediently say, "..." My mother, who is from a country that was taken over by Hiter, remembers how he would do the same. He said, "Heil," the crowd said, ". . . ." I strongly believe Trump is a crook, a con-man, a pathological liar, and a wanna be dictator. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 48

@nctarheel wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Obviously you don't know bikers. That's too bad.

Actually, it surprises me that you DO KNOW bikers, @Soosie .

As high as 11% of the jurisdictions in the United States report BIKER GANGS as their single most violent criminal organization. The arrest of 170 BIKERS at a shoot-out in, of all places, TEXAS, a couple of years ago is additional evidence of what philosophy bikers follow.

The fact that HELLS ANGELS, THE BANDITOS, THE OUTLAWS, THE MONGOLS, and THE PAGANS still exist in sizable numbers is an additional testament to the philosophy bikers follow.

Almost NO WOMEN and almost NO MINORITIES are allowed membership.

I don't think that TRUMP THE CHUMP'S reference to bikers was your run of the mill accountant riding on a 250cc Yamaha.

Again, I am surprised of your familiarity with bikers.

This is really getting tiresome - post a Verifiable Factual link for your post please.

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 48

@oceanedge2 wrote:

Watch: Expert on Fascist Propaganda Says Trump Has Ripped a Page Directly From Mussolini – and Explains How

When It Starts to Feel Normal 'We're All in Trouble

Jason Stanley, a Yale philosophy professor who has also written multiple books on fascism and propaganda, has recorded a video for the New York Times that shows how President Donald Trump and other right-wing reactionaries around the world have stolen a page from the playbooks of the fascist dictators who ruled much of Europe in the early 20th century.

Stanley, who is the author of the 2018 book “How Fascism Works,” begins by outlining how fascists begin their propaganda operations by appealing to a mythic past in which peace and prosperity were widespread and where societies were more unified than they are today.

“Fascists create an overwhelming sense of nostalgia for a past that is racially pure, traditional and patriarchal,” he explains. “From Mussolini to Hitler to Erdogan, fascist leaders position themselves as father figures and strong men. As long as he — and yes it’s always a he — remains in power, everything is possible.”

Stanley then goes to explain how fascists then pick out scapegoats as reasons that this mythical past no longer exists — and he says that maintaining power requires “pitting groups against each other.”

“Once you divide, it’s easier to control,” he says.

The next step fascists take is to simply attack the truth — whether it’s in the form of broadsides against the news media or against the scientific consensus on climate change.

“This environment creates a Petri dish for conspiracy theories,” he says. “No one can agree on what’s true anymore — and fascists love it when that happens.”

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2018/10/watch-expert-on-fascist-propaganda-says-trump-has-...

Once again someone should be checking the fact checkers:

The New Civil Rights Movement

Has this Media Source failed a fact check?

LET US KNOW HERE

New Civil Rights Movement - Left BiasLEFT BIAS
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 48

@ej64073754 wrote:

People, this is the President of the United States, talking on Breibart about what could happen to his political opponents: "I can tell you, I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad." 

This man is encouraging violence toward those who, if they don't go the way he likes, they could get hurt. This is not someone running a 3rd world country, claiming they can instigate a coup because they have the military strength to do so; this is an American President, insinuating that all he has to do is give the command and his opponents will be gone.

Is this what our Country has come to? How can anyone support this mentally unbalanced person? Trump supporters must stop giving him a pass for everything he says, tweets, or acts in this manner.

It's very difficult to keep up with all the deceitful remarks coming from the Alt-Lefters.  No one will post VF links but only their own biased opinion which means nothing except to those who hate the President.

Here is a verified factual link so you can stop spreading Fake News and it's right from the source which no one quoted (obviously):

BREITBART  

Nolte: 14 Media Outlets Spread Hoax About Trump Calling for Violence During Breitbart

News Interview

"The media has one job to do, and they fail at it every day."
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 48

@Soosie wrote:

I would give these posts and this subject an award for the biggest stretch of imagination I have seen in a long time.  He said, "he has the backing,"  He did not say they were going after anyone.  I can tell you this.  Bikers are peaceful men.  I would trust them around anything I have.  I saw more good men give the limit for needy adults and especially children.  I am proud to say I rode many charitable events with them.  Now, if some ole guy wants to push one of them, he could find himself getting up off the ground.  They are peaceful, but not pushovers.  

I'm sure Trump just meant that these tough guys are backing him in some other "very bad" way. LOL

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 48

All should go back and watch what Cohen told us when he testified to Congress about a week ago. He said Trump would not go with out violence. Cohen knows Trump like a book so all better believe what he is warning us about. The authors of some of the books written in Trumps name have backed up what Cohen said. Long time employees of Trump have done the same thing. They know what they are talking about.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 48

@Soosie wrote:
Obviously you don't know bikers. That's too bad.

Actually, it surprises me that you DO KNOW bikers, @Soosie .

As high as 11% of the jurisdictions in the United States report BIKER GANGS as their single most violent criminal organization. The arrest of 170 BIKERS at a shoot-out in, of all places, TEXAS, a couple of years ago is additional evidence of what philosophy bikers follow.

The fact that HELLS ANGELS, THE BANDITOS, THE OUTLAWS, THE MONGOLS, and THE PAGANS still exist in sizable numbers is an additional testament to the philosophy bikers follow.

Almost NO WOMEN and almost NO MINORITIES are allowed membership.

I don't think that TRUMP THE CHUMP'S reference to bikers was your run of the mill accountant riding on a 250cc Yamaha.

Again, I am surprised of your familiarity with bikers.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 48
The "bikers" ....... wearing their Nazi helmets, swastika arm bands and waving their Confederate flags ..... would be great goons for Trump as they also represent Trump's values......@myexper............................Obviously you don't know bikers. That's too bad.
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 48

I would give these posts and this subject an award for the biggest stretch of imagination I have seen in a long time.  He said, "he has the backing,"  He did not say they were going after anyone.  I can tell you this.  Bikers are peaceful men.  I would trust them around anything I have.  I saw more good men give the limit for needy adults and especially children.  I am proud to say I rode many charitable events with them.  Now, if some ole guy wants to push one of them, he could find himself getting up off the ground.  They are peaceful, but not pushovers.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 48

Watch: Expert on Fascist Propaganda Says Trump Has Ripped a Page Directly From Mussolini – and Explains How

When It Starts to Feel Normal 'We're All in Trouble

Jason Stanley, a Yale philosophy professor who has also written multiple books on fascism and propaganda, has recorded a video for the New York Times that shows how President Donald Trump and other right-wing reactionaries around the world have stolen a page from the playbooks of the fascist dictators who ruled much of Europe in the early 20th century.

Stanley, who is the author of the 2018 book “How Fascism Works,” begins by outlining how fascists begin their propaganda operations by appealing to a mythic past in which peace and prosperity were widespread and where societies were more unified than they are today.

“Fascists create an overwhelming sense of nostalgia for a past that is racially pure, traditional and patriarchal,” he explains. “From Mussolini to Hitler to Erdogan, fascist leaders position themselves as father figures and strong men. As long as he — and yes it’s always a he — remains in power, everything is possible.”

Stanley then goes to explain how fascists then pick out scapegoats as reasons that this mythical past no longer exists — and he says that maintaining power requires “pitting groups against each other.”

“Once you divide, it’s easier to control,” he says.

The next step fascists take is to simply attack the truth — whether it’s in the form of broadsides against the news media or against the scientific consensus on climate change.

“This environment creates a Petri dish for conspiracy theories,” he says. “No one can agree on what’s true anymore — and fascists love it when that happens.”

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2018/10/watch-expert-on-fascist-propaganda-says-trump-has-...

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors