Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Travel Triggers Cost and Ethics Concerns

Message 61 of 86

Might be better if he didn't spend millions of dollars each time he move the "presidency " to a golf course or a public country club.  Wasteful use of taxpayer money well gratifying trumps greedy narcissistic  personality.

I would find it refreshing if Trump would stay off the golf course pick up some manuscripts and learn what the heck is going on in the world instead of shooting off his mouth about things he knows nothing about.

It's true he's learning but he's learning through fall out and kick back not because he educated himself before hand.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 86

@pc6063 wrote:

Just heard on CNN that Trump has spent one of every three days in Florida.  Now that's dedication to one's job!

I have heard it said of other Presidents and it is equally true for President Trump - the Presidency is wherever he is.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 86

Just heard on CNN that Trump has spent one of every three days in Florida.  Now that's dedication to one's job!

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 86

@KidBoy2 wrote:

It sounds like you are trying to justify that the Obama's had little respect for how much they spent on travel because of Trump's excessive travel ..... is that your point? If so I call that a double standard.

Hardly. I have found many on the right looked at Obama's vacations as extravagant while Trump's weekly commute is just good mental health considering his relationship with his wife.  Many posted here about the cost of the Obama family (that values thing again) vacation but when Trump spent as much in the first month as the Obama's did in a year, no big deal.  Pays to be white, I guess. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 86

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Rich posted..

Remember the good old days when the president AND HIS FAMILY spent one vacation together each year?

=======================================================
One vacation each year..not even close..

Obama has taken 28 vacations spanning all or part of 217 days, according to Mark Knoller, a CBS News White House correspondent who maintains an authoritative record of presidential activities. Those numbers do not include the latest Hawaii trip, which began Friday and is expected to end Jan. 2.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article123335079.html#storylink=cpy

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

It sounds like you are trying to justify that the Obama's had little respect for how much they spent on travel because of Trump's excessive travel ..... is that your point? If so I call that a double standard.

Someone here repeatedly criticized the amounts that the Obamas spent on vacations and vacation travel. Yet that same person supports and accepts Trump spending ten times what the Obamas spent. I call that "double standards".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 86

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Remember the good old days when the president AND HIS FAMILY spent one vacation together each year? Not only demonstrating a strong family value but one tenth of what the current president spends trying to stay away from his wife?  I wondered how long it would take before even the Republican base began to complain about the wild excesses of the hopelessly incompetent Trump presidency. 

---

Remember the President and his wife taking different aircraft to Hawaii and other destinations?  And Michelle staying behind and spending time with Oprah?

Care to comment on the Trumps spending over ten times what the Obama's spent (despite "different aircraft to Hawaii" and "Michelle spending time with Oprah") ??????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 86

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Travel Triggers Cost and Ethics Concerns

PALM BEACH, Fla. — Before calling the White House home, Donald Trump used to wonder why any president would ever leave.
"If you're in the White House, who wants to take a vacation?" he once asked a campaign crowd in Spencer, Iowa. Noting the limited time a president has there, he criticized President Obama for vacationing "when there's so much work to be done."
"You're in the White House," he said. "What's better than the White House? Why these vacations?"
But since his January inauguration, President Trump has spent seven of 13 weekends at his Palm Beach, Florida estate. According to NBC News' estimates by Sunday Trump will have spent 28 percent of his term traveling to or staying at Mar-a-Lago. Trump hosted his second world leader at the "winter White House" last weekend, with Chinese President Xi Jinping joining Trump for meetings Thursday and Friday. Trump stayed the rest of the weekend, frequenting his nearby golf club on both days.

It's not just a question of travel time, but of ethics and cost efficiency, according to watchdog groups and ethics experts.

While presidents have always traveled on the taxpayer's dollar — the Obamas were partial to Hawaii and Martha's Vineyard while President George W. Bush frequented his Crawford, Texas ranch — Trump's travel is "unprecedented," one expert says, because he's repeatedly visiting his own privately owned commercial property at Mar-a-Lago.

Much more at LINK:

, and

And this has what to do with the topic and the contents of the link?

It was an effort to help the writers understand the realities of politics as they exist. And, sadly, it describes the problem they (or their parrots) have being taken seriously in this environment.

In other words you didn't read the entire contents of the link and refuse to comment on it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 86

Rich posted..

Remember the good old days when the president AND HIS FAMILY spent one vacation together each year?

=======================================================
One vacation each year..not even close..

Obama has taken 28 vacations spanning all or part of 217 days, according to Mark Knoller, a CBS News White House correspondent who maintains an authoritative record of presidential activities. Those numbers do not include the latest Hawaii trip, which began Friday and is expected to end Jan. 2.

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article123335079.html#storylink=cpy

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 86

@Richva wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Remember the good old days when the president AND HIS FAMILY spent one vacation together each year? Not only demonstrating a strong family value but one tenth of what the current president spends trying to stay away from his wife?  I wondered how long it would take before even the Republican base began to complain about the wild excesses of the hopelessly incompetent Trump presidency. 

---

Remember the President and his wife taking different aircraft to Hawaii and other destinations?  And Michelle staying behind and spending time with Oprah?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 86

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors