Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump's 3 lies on trade

Message 1 of 6

@Olderscout66 wrote:

It's all GOPerLord propaganda to disguise the fact China went from 3d World to World Class in a generation because REPUBLICAN businessmen gave them all the technology they hadn't already stolen, then sent them the best jobs in America to help them develop the most highly skilled workforce.

While doing this, the GOPerLords had REPUBLICAN Legislaters pass laws to subsidize the transfer of America's industrial base to China so American WORKERS and not Corporate Oligarchs would foot the bill for this unprecidented technology transfer.

While I do think it was an unfair strategy, the Chinese did give the companies a choice. They could share their technology and have access to China's markets or not have access to China's markets. They had a strategy and carried it out successfully. As opposed to Trump who has no strategy, no goals. and is always winging it (see link). 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

The same old repub strategy, pull off something underhanded and then blame the Dems. Similar to debt and deficits being run up when repubs are in control, then claiming that Dems are responsible. Just shows how low the repubs are going, and have no positive or good policies for our Country, just theft and lies.

And trump only lied three times!?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

@Richva wrote:

This is what happens when the POTUS believes he can use rhetoric and lies to influence our major trading partners.  Every report I read says that the Chinese will not deal with Trump but wait until after the 2020 elections.  Now, considering what happened with Russia the last time, why would they think there will be a Democratic president in 2020? 

Trump has based his entire trade policy toward China on three falsehoods, suggesting garbage in will yield garbage out. Here are Trump’s three lies on trade:

• China is a currency manipulator.
  • China is paying the  taxes (Note, I corrected this as I had incorrectly quoted the article)
  • China  has been “ripping us off” for decades

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps-3-lies-on-trade-195603068.html

It's all GOPerLord propaganda to disguise the fact China went from 3d World to World Class in a generation because REPUBLICAN businessmen gave them all the technology they hadn't already stolen, then sent them the best jobs in America to help them develop the most highly skilled workforce.

While doing this, the GOPerLords had REPUBLICAN Legislaters pass laws to subsidize the transfer of America's industrial base to China so American WORKERS and not Corporate Oligarchs would foot the bill for this unprecidented technology transfer.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump has based his entire trade policy toward China on three falsehoods, suggesting garbage in will yield garbage out. Here are Trump’s three lies on trade:

China recently devalued their currency to hedge the tariffs Trump imposed. The Chinese renminbi has fallen against the dollar only modestly this year, and it has been much weaker before. “The U.S. decision to label China a currency manipulator is on shaky economic grounds,” notes Capital Economics. “If anything, the renminbi would be even weaker than it is now without policy support.”

• China is paying the Trump

In what ways?My mistake. This was supposed to point out the lie that China is paying the taxes or tariffs when it is the importers paying the taxes.. I have corrected the original post. 

They have been "stealing" technology for decades and copying it without the costs involved for research.  Is the left just discovering this? Trump has modified this statement as he was railing against the trade deficits as being ripped off by China.  He later tried to expand this definition to include trademark and patent protection but the wars were proposed as a solution to trade imbalances.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@Richva wrote:

This is what happens when the POTUS believes he can use rhetoric and lies to influence our major trading partners.  Every report I read says that the Chinese will not deal with Trump but wait until after the 2020 elections.  Now, considering what happened with Russia the last time, why would they think there will be a Democratic president in 2020? 

China recently devalued their currency to hedge the tariffs Trump imposed.

• China is paying the Trump

In what ways?

They have been "stealing" technology for decades and copying it without the costs involved for research.  Is the left just discovering this?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump's 3 lies on trade

Message 6 of 6

• China is paying the  taxes (Note, I corrected this as I had incorrectly quoted the article)

Kudos
Views
Replies