Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

Message 41 of 46

Can we "walk away from" the pettiness and understand that in negotiations sometimes "walking away is required for a successful, long-term outcome. Consider Reagan at Reykjavik.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 46

The whole sham revealed two pristine Truths about Der Trumper:

1. He has NO IDEA how to negotiate with a foreign leader

2. He DOES know how to deflect attention from his criminal activities.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 46

I do like the analogy of dealing with Trump to negotiating on a used car but remember, in this case, Trump was the used car salesman. I don't think he walked away as much as Kim dismissed him.  Boy, did THAT make America look great!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 46

No matter the subject matter, if help is needed, or if it has to deal with the truth,

or a discussion of morals...

that’s what trump is good at, walking away!

He’s also good at denials and projection!

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 46

@FredSmif wrote:

So, this past Sunday I'm at the gym using the cardio equipment. There are 4 televisions mounted above for viewing, always tuned to the same 4 stations (Fox News Cable, CNN, Fox Sports, and the fourth varies but is generally on NBC sports). People can listen to the various stations by using their earphones and attaching to the machine.

That day I observed a very long period of time where Fox Cable has the same chyron displayed ...this is the text banner that stations display at the bottom of the screen to show news updates, news alerts, show what's on the video display now, etc. ("Chyron"? sounds like mythical dragon to me)

Their chyron reads "Trump: 'sometimes you have to walk'"

So, Fox has several of their top analysts mulling over the summit between Trump and Kim. I don't recall the Fox guy's name, he's the host here, but he is pretty much their best and brightest host/analyst. Probably quite good actually. This is their Sunday top analysis show to compete with all the other top Sunday shows.

I observed several guest analysts come on and presumably give some words on the summit. I don't know because I don't listen to the audio track of any of these televsions. But I gain a pretty fair idea of what's happening...oh, yes, I forgot, that's 'cause this is an old people's gym and they have the closed captions on; sometimes I pay attention.

Anyway, for 15 minutes or so the Fox Cable chyron was unchanged. "Trump: 'sometimes you have to walk'"

And I think to myself "so, this is the smartest takeaway you can come up with from this summit? Like this is a used car sales pitch and "well, ya gotta walk" sometimes? What level of genius did it take our side's top negotiator to come up with "sometimes you have to walk"? I don't think too much. What a laughingstock this appeared to be...the event and the Fox Cable analysis.

That's trump...

a0019f8de407161ba814bc42d9f3efae--trump-pence-current-events.jpg

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

Message 46 of 46

So, this past Sunday I'm at the gym using the cardio equipment. There are 4 televisions mounted above for viewing, always tuned to the same 4 stations (Fox News Cable, CNN, Fox Sports, and the fourth varies but is generally on NBC sports). People can listen to the various stations by using their earphones and attaching to the machine.

That day I observed a very long period of time where Fox Cable has the same chyron displayed ...this is the text banner that stations display at the bottom of the screen to show news updates, news alerts, show what's on the video display now, etc. ("Chyron"? sounds like mythical dragon to me)

Their chyron reads "Trump: 'sometimes you have to walk'"

So, Fox has several of their top analysts mulling over the summit between Trump and Kim. I don't recall the Fox guy's name, he's the host here, but he is pretty much their best and brightest host/analyst. Probably quite good actually. This is their Sunday top analysis show to compete with all the other top Sunday shows.

I observed several guest analysts come on and presumably give some words on the summit. I don't know because I don't listen to the audio track of any of these televsions. But I gain a pretty fair idea of what's happening...oh, yes, I forgot, that's 'cause this is an old people's gym and they have the closed captions on; sometimes I pay attention.

Anyway, for 15 minutes or so the Fox Cable chyron was unchanged. "Trump: 'sometimes you have to walk'"

And I think to myself "so, this is the smartest takeaway you can come up with from this summit? Like this is a used car sales pitch and "well, ya gotta walk" sometimes? What level of genius did it take our side's top negotiator to come up with "sometimes you have to walk"? I don't think too much. What a laughingstock this appeared to be...the event and the Fox Cable analysis.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors