From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
168
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

168 Views
Message 11 of 46

Trump walked when he saw the wrong deal yet no one from the left brags about the missiles that got launched every other day by NK and now don't! Your savior Obama didn't even have the guts to meet Kim.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
168
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
151
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

151 Views
Message 12 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Fact is you must "walk" when you have no plan, which is what you have when you don't prepare. Donny did no prep, needed a distraction from all the confirmations of his criminality and treason, so he gets on stage and does his act, his GOPerBase cheers, mission accomplished, and he goes back to bed.


I was not part of the prep team so I do not have knowledge you claim. I am also not able to read minds as you claim to do so I can't state what the President was thinking. And, not being a WH employee like you must be, I have no idea when the President goes to bed.

 

BTW - who said anything about "mission accomplished"??


That "mission accomplished" part was said by another Republican moron. You really should read some history. That one created one of the biggest fiascos America ever fell for. 

 

As far as the advance negotiating team.  Reports from the North Koreans as well as multiple NK experts in America outlined that Kim thought he could get a better deal from Trump because the negotiating teams were offering tougher stances.  So, rather than insist that a deal be in place before announcing a summit, Trump charges in, fails to get any kind of deal, and makes America look foolish. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
151
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
166
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

166 Views
Message 13 of 46

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Fact is you must "walk" when you have no plan, which is what you have when you don't prepare. Donny did no prep, needed a distraction from all the confirmations of his criminality and treason, so he gets on stage and does his act, his GOPerBase cheers, mission accomplished, and he goes back to bed.


I was not part of the prep team so I do not have knowledge you claim. I am also not able to read minds as you claim to do so I can't state what the President was thinking. And, not being a WH employee like you must be, I have no idea when the President goes to bed.

 

BTW - who said anything about "mission accomplished"??

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
166
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
168
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

168 Views
Message 14 of 46

Fact is you must "walk" when you have no plan, which is what you have when you don't prepare. Donny did no prep, needed a distraction from all the confirmations of his criminality and treason, so he gets on stage and does his act, his GOPerBase cheers, mission accomplished, and he goes back to bed.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
168
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
170
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

170 Views
Message 15 of 46

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Trump has long used only two methods of negotiating:

 

1. Bullying to get his way

 

 Or like the kid in the schoolyard who can't play or can't play fair...

 

2. He picks up his ball, dramatically stomps off the court, and goes home      

 

Neither tactic demonstrates effective negotiating skills, but maybe in Trump World these have been the methods of operandi that have workd for him--NOT SO MUCH on the grand world stage!


Does that mean you do or do not think that a negotiator must be willing to "walk" if the situation warrants it?


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What I mean is, first one needs to be a negotiator which Mr. Trump apparently is NOT!  

You see, the problem with Trump is that he has an agenda which obviously does not line up with Kim's objectives.  And as we have seen with Trump, if he cannot get HIS way by soft soaking his opponent, he then takes up the bully mode.  And if that doesn't work, he threatens and blusters in an attempt to blow their house down.  (Oh, wait!  That was the Big Bad Wolf and the Three Little Pigs).  Finally, if defeat is imminent or inevitable, Trump goes home with his ball and his pants wet....with his own tears (maybe?).  


Yes, like showing a willingness walk away, soft soaping (or, if you prefer, "soft soaking") is a tool in negotiations. Standing strong ("bullying??) is another.

 

House blowing and wet pants are just silliness.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
170
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
172
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

172 Views
Message 16 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

Trump has long used only two methods of negotiating:

 

1. Bullying to get his way

 

 Or like the kid in the schoolyard who can't play or can't play fair...

 

2. He picks up his ball, dramatically stomps off the court, and goes home      

 

Neither tactic demonstrates effective negotiating skills, but maybe in Trump World these have been the methods of operandi that have workd for him--NOT SO MUCH on the grand world stage!


Does that mean you do or do not think that a negotiator must be willing to "walk" if the situation warrants it?


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What I mean is, first one needs to be a negotiator which Mr. Trump apparently is NOT!  

You see, the problem with Trump is that he has an agenda which obviously does not line up with Kim's objectives.  And as we have seen with Trump, if he cannot get HIS way by soft soaking his opponent, he then takes up the bully mode.  And if that doesn't work, he threatens and blusters in an attempt to blow their house down.  (Oh, wait!  That was the Big Bad Wolf and the Three Little Pigs).  Finally, if defeat is imminent or inevitable, Trump goes home with his ball and his pants wet....with his own tears (maybe?).  

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
172
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
189
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

189 Views
Message 17 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The man said, "Sometimes you have to walk". That is a valid statement regarding negotiations. 

 

Now it may be that Billy Bob is not "hands on", President Trump is.


"Hands on"?  Yes, his fingerprints were all over this fiasco.


The significant FACT is when you fail to prepare, it's not "SOMETIMES" you have to walk", it's ALWAYS you have to walk. Just another great example of lil donny's total incompetence that the GOPerBase will work up a lather attempting to put lipstick on.


No lather, no lipstick, just basic reality. In negotiations you have to be ready to walk away.


Trump wants his credulous droogs to think he walked away - when the actual truth is that Kim sent him away - the NK variant of "take a walk, punk"

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
189
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
189
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

189 Views
Message 18 of 46

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The man said, "Sometimes you have to walk". That is a valid statement regarding negotiations. 

 

Now it may be that Billy Bob is not "hands on", President Trump is.


"Hands on"?  Yes, his fingerprints were all over this fiasco.


The significant FACT is when you fail to prepare, it's not "SOMETIMES" you have to walk", it's ALWAYS you have to walk. Just another great example of lil donny's total incompetence that the GOPerBase will work up a lather attempting to put lipstick on.


No lather, no lipstick, just basic reality. In negotiations you have to be ready to walk away.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
189
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
188
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

188 Views
Message 19 of 46

@Olderscout66 wrote:


The POINT is lil donny did NOTHING to prepare for this meeting, so there was no real basis for "negotiation" - he just felt the need to get some more screen time trying to look presidential and coming away looking entirely ToadPOTUSish.

Neither you nor I was part of the prep team, so let's just walk away from the unknowable.

 

It was all to distract from the Disaster that is Trump - the RECORD HIGH for our trade deficit, the farmers going bankrupt from his trade war, and the fact his total mismanagement and stupidity QUADRUPLED the deficit from President Obama's last budget.

Mind reading again.

 

BTW - tax collections are up under Trump.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
188
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
187
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

187 Views
Message 20 of 46

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

The man said, "Sometimes you have to walk". That is a valid statement regarding negotiations. 

 

Now it may be that Billy Bob is not "hands on", President Trump is.


"Hands on"?  Yes, his fingerprints were all over this fiasco.


The significant FACT is when you fail to prepare, it's not "SOMETIMES" you have to walk", it's ALWAYS you have to walk. Just another great example of lil donny's total incompetence that the GOPerBase will work up a lather attempting to put lipstick on.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
187
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors