Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump: "Sometimes you have to walk". ... Brilliant!

Message 1 of 46

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:"

As far as the advance negotiating team.  Reports from the North Koreans as well as multiple NK experts in America outlined that Kim thought he could get a better deal from Trump because the negotiating teams were offering tougher stances.  So, rather than insist that a deal be in place before announcing a summit, Trump charges in, fails to get any kind of deal, and makes America look foolish. 

He tried. The war has been going on for a long time through many Presidential terms. It would appear that the standard approach as not work. So what shall we do, crank up the buffs??

If I hear a Republican tell me "He tried" one more time..... I wonder if Donnie paid when he heard "I tried"?   Why is it that the Conservatives are not screaming that Trump do his job and not TRY to do his job?

One reason is that we don't scream. Look at all the screaming in the streets and howling at the moon - that ain't us.

Secondly, of course we want the President to get the job done. We want border security attended to, we want changes to immigration law, we want the disruption of the left ended, and, of course, we want a denuclearized NK. But we are realistic to understand that the President cannot just click his fingers and and say, "Shazam!!".

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 46

@rk9152 wrote:"

As far as the advance negotiating team.  Reports from the North Koreans as well as multiple NK experts in America outlined that Kim thought he could get a better deal from Trump because the negotiating teams were offering tougher stances.  So, rather than insist that a deal be in place before announcing a summit, Trump charges in, fails to get any kind of deal, and makes America look foolish. 

He tried. The war has been going on for a long time through many Presidential terms. It would appear that the standard approach as not work. So what shall we do, crank up the buffs??

If I hear a Republican tell me "He tried" one more time..... I wonder if Donnie paid when he heard "I tried"?   Why is it that the Conservatives are not screaming that Trump do his job and not TRY to do his job?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 46

@LydiaN586309 wrote:

What I mean is, first one needs to be a negotiator which Mr. Trump apparently is NOT!  You see, the problem with Trump is that he has an agenda which obviously does not line up with Kim's objectives.  And as we have seen with Trump, if he cannot get HIS way by soft soaking his opponent, he then takes up the bully mode.  And if that doesn't work, he threatens and blusters in an attempt to blow their house down.  (Oh, wait!  That was the Big Bad Wolf and the Three Little Pigs).  Finally, if defeat is imminent or inevitable, Trump goes home with his ball and his pants wet....with his own tears (maybe?). 

+++++++++++++++++++ 

@rk9152 said

Yes, like showing a willingness walk away, soft soaping (or, if you prefer, "soft soaking") is a tool in negotiations. Standing strong ("bullying??) is another.

House blowing and wet pants are just silliness.

The speech critiquing is so boring.  But it is what it is. 

As far as The Man in the White House is concerned, he is a BULLY whom his supporters may see as "standing strong,"  but other world leaders see as an equal with whom they disagree.  Moreover, the problem with Trump is he thinks that other world leaders must  kowtow to him like his employees, business contacts, and the GOP has. So maybe if he had a real plan and a willingness to have a "give and take" interaction with Kim, where both nations could come away from the table with a win-win, he would make some head way in the so-called negotiations.

But I'm not really convinced that he's really interested in the whole North Korea piece. I am of the opinion that maybe he's using this whole "negotiating" stuff as a distraction from the investigations and as brownie points in his quest to be awarded a Noble Prize. (God forbid President Obama would have one and Trump not).

Image result for pic of trump as the big bad wolf and the three little pigsBig Bad Wolf (aka Trump) threatens,  "...Or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!"  Trump needs better tactics and a new speech writer.

Yes, yes, he is a bully. That is the meme du jour. At one point it was about "Russian collusion", then we had "racist", "sexist" had it's day, "Nazi"was in there, "dictator" was fairly recent but "bully" seems to be the most current.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 46

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Unlike trump, Obama had the knowledge and sense not to give a demented sociopathic killer / dictator such as kim a platform on the world stage alongside POTUS. trump has taken the office to all time new lows and has no respect for the office. Ignorance of world affairs is his operational mode...

and I’m sure that putin approves!

Never Forget

Putin totally approves - he's got lil donny convinced Kim has no ICBMs, which means donny has ANOTHER reason to not believe our intelligence services, AND the whole World sees the US is being led by a ToadPOTUS, all of which is music to Vlad's ears.

I didn't get my morning update from Uncle Vlad today. Did yours say that he "totally approves".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 46

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Fact is you must "walk" when you have no plan, which is what you have when you don't prepare. Donny did no prep, needed a distraction from all the confirmations of his criminality and treason, so he gets on stage and does his act, his GOPerBase cheers, mission accomplished, and he goes back to bed.

I was not part of the prep team so I do not have knowledge you claim. I am also not able to read minds as you claim to do so I can't state what the President was thinking. And, not being a WH employee like you must be, I have no idea when the President goes to bed.

BTW - who said anything about "mission accomplished"??

That "mission accomplished" part was said by another Republican moron. You really should read some history. That one created one of the biggest fiascos America ever fell for. 

Really? It seemed like your client was referring to something called "GOPerBase"

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 46

What I mean is, first one needs to be a negotiator which Mr. Trump apparently is NOT!  You see, the problem with Trump is that he has an agenda which obviously does not line up with Kim's objectives.  And as we have seen with Trump, if he cannot get HIS way by soft soaking his opponent, he then takes up the bully mode.  And if that doesn't work, he threatens and blusters in an attempt to blow their house down.  (Oh, wait!  That was the Big Bad Wolf and the Three Little Pigs).  Finally, if defeat is imminent or inevitable, Trump goes home with his ball and his pants wet....with his own tears (maybe?). 

+++++++++++++++++++ 

@rk9152 said

Yes, like showing a willingness walk away, soft soaping (or, if you prefer, "soft soaking") is a tool in negotiations. Standing strong ("bullying??) is another.

House blowing and wet pants are just silliness.

The speech critiquing is so boring.  But it is what it is. 

As far as The Man in the White House is concerned, he is a BULLY whom his supporters may see as "standing strong,"  but other world leaders see as an equal with whom they disagree.  Moreover, the problem with Trump is he thinks that other world leaders must  kowtow to him like his employees, business contacts, and the GOP has. So maybe if he had a real plan and a willingness to have a "give and take" interaction with Kim, where both nations could come away from the table with a win-win, he would make some head way in the so-called negotiations.

But I'm not really convinced that he's really interested in the whole North Korea piece. I am of the opinion that maybe he's using this whole "negotiating" stuff as a distraction from the investigations and as brownie points in his quest to be awarded a Noble Prize. (God forbid President Obama would have one and Trump not).

Image result for pic of trump as the big bad wolf and the three little pigsBig Bad Wolf (aka Trump) threatens,  "...Or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down!"  Trump needs better tactics and a new speech writer.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 46

@williamb39198 wrote:

Unlike trump, Obama had the knowledge and sense not to give a demented sociopathic killer / dictator such as kim a platform on the world stage alongside POTUS. trump has taken the office to all time new lows and has no respect for the office. Ignorance of world affairs is his operational mode...

Never Forget

Putin totally approves - he's got lil donny convinced Kim has no ICBMs, which means donny has ANOTHER reason to not believe our intelligence services, AND the whole World sees the US is being led by a ToadPOTUS, all of which is music to Vlad's ears.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 46

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump walked when he saw the wrong deal yet no one from the left brags about the missiles that got launched every other day by NK and now don't! Your savior Obama didn't even have the guts to meet Kim.

Two tiny corrections to your statement:

• Trump walked when Kim dismissed him. 
  • Obama was not stupid enough to let Kim back him into a corner like that. 

A few corrections to your post:

Trump walked out when he saw Kim not willing to give.

Obama was too stupid to negotiate with Kim.

Tensions are less now because of Trump and NOT Obama!

Future meetings might just prove Trump gets a good deal.

Promises of future meetings are an omen that peace will be there until at least the future meeting unlike Obama (no meeting).

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 46

Never Forget

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 46

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Trump walked when he saw the wrong deal yet no one from the left brags about the missiles that got launched every other day by NK and now don't! Your savior Obama didn't even have the guts to meet Kim.

Two tiny corrections to your statement:

• Trump walked when Kim dismissed him. 
  • Obama was not stupid enough to let Kim back him into a corner like that. 
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors