Learn how to use Uber, Lyft and other ride-sharing services!  Register now for a free AARP webinar Nov. 18.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump policy of separating families

Message 31 of 107

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

many Cubans that came in boats or thru the Mexican border and crossed into the US  were never separated from their children. 
I guess at that time the morality of this country was a lot different than what we have today.

Of course not, Cubans were guaranteed entry into this country.  All they had to do was identify themselves as Cubans and they were automatically granted asylum.  Don't you think it's time uit using that analogy?I imagine that you are also including the Viet Nam people in that statement also.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 107

@rk9152 wrote:

Bottom line, folks - this is not going to be resolved anytime soon. It is all the Dems have and they are not going to give up on it.

Yes, the Reps have theoretic control of the Congress but between Senate rules and "never Trumpers" it is not as easy as some might try to claim it is.And   I sure hope that they stand for what is moral in this country. I hope that they don't give up on their principles just because Trump is using these children as pawns in his political  agenda. 
I hope that the Democrats and yes those never Trump Republicans have the guts to stand up for this country and show the world that not all Americans have no morals.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 107

@rker321 wrote:

You see Scout?  when I say to you, to stop attacking Republicans and really take a good look at the Trump followers instead?

I recall you were supporting Trump in the presidential elections also....And additonally continuing to post that you are a registered Republican.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 107

@rker321 wrote:

many Cubans that came in boats or thru the Mexican border and crossed into the US  were never separated from their children. 
I guess at that time the morality of this country was a lot different than what we have today.

Of course not, Cubans were guaranteed entry into this country.  All they had to do was identify themselves as Cubans and they were automatically granted asylum.  Don't you think it's time to quit using that analogy?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 107

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Yes  as a woman and a mother, you bet there is a lot of emotionalism in my words and it is surprising to me that a man that knows a lot about the Holocaust cannot see and cannot condemn  what is happening to the children of those women.  I am very sorry for you. I really am.

More of attempting to compare this with Hitler, concentration camps, the Holocaust, and everything but the kitchen sink?  A pretty weak argument when one has to go way off topic to support their argument.  I've noticed the majority is doing that. Wrong Tx, I am not comparing Hittler I am comparing the suffering of those mothers and children during that era. not to have at least some compassion.

Everyone arguing against enforcing the law is attempting to use innuendo to do so.  All this has Democratic party propaganda in preparation for the mid-term elections written all over it.  Please,  there are ways and manner to enforce the laws in this country and what we are seeing today is not only cruel but immoral. No one is saying that we should not respect our laws, is the  manner that they are enforced is that is wrong.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 107

Bottom line, folks - this is not going to be resolved anytime soon. It is all the Dems have and they are not going to give up on it.

Yes, the Reps have theoretic control of the Congress but between Senate rules and "never Trumpers" it is not as easy as some might try to claim it is.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 107

@rker321 wrote:

Yes  as a woman and a mother, you bet there is a lot of emotionalism in my words and it is surprising to me that a man that knows a lot about the Holocaust cannot see and cannot condemn  what is happening to the children of those women.  I am very sorry for you. I really am.

More of attempting to compare this with Hitler, concentration camps, the Holocaust, and everything but the kitchen sink?  A pretty weak argument when one has to go way off topic to support their argument.  I've noticed the majority is doing that.

Everyone arguing against enforcing the law is attempting to use innuendo to do so.  All this has Democratic party propaganda in preparation for the mid-term elections written all over it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 107

@rker321 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

A perfect example of the sort of emotionalism  i referred to that only clouds the issue. And, in this case, the poster also threw in a large assortment of off topic nonsense further clouding the issue under discussion. How Mueller relates to separating families is a true mystery.

What has the Holocaust to do with this discussion - except as part of your inaccurate and weird obsession over my religion?

As to the inane Nazi references - how many of the gas chamber victims were there because they illegally snuck into Germany?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 107

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Illegally crossing the US border is a MISDEMEANOR.

Der Trumper is ripping apart immigrant families for something that normally results in no jail time and no fine.

But his Republican base is NOT "normal" - they are hate-filled bigots who cannot admit their problems are not caused by someone easy for them to hate - like immigrants - instead of the real cause of their problem - the people who stopped sharing the profits of the business with their workers - rich Republicans.

You do not like those "rich Republicans" who want the low wage workers and you don't like President Trump who is stopping them from coming in - do you like anything?

You see Scout?  when I say to you, to stop attacking Republicans and really take a good look at the Trump followers instead?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 107

Gail  and I could act. that the many Cubans that came in boats or thru the Mexican border and crossed into the US  were never separated from their children. 
As far as the children that came unaccompanied in 2014  I personally criticized a lot Obama and the actions that he took, buy at that time there was not separation remember?
Please, don't try to excuse the behavirour of this policy is not working. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors