Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump on brink of defeat on border emergency

Message 1 of 3

I do hope that repubs will act like Patriots with backbones and morals...not holding my breath, but will try to hope. Too many times we’ve seen repubs come out of their closets, bark some, then go back into hiding. Sorry, I’ve very tired of watching people follow the line with an absolutely despicable person that they fear his despicable base, and end up acting like despicable legislators with no minds or morals.

Ground Hogs day, over and over and over...party over country, over and over and over...

Never Forget

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump on brink of defeat on border emergency

Message 2 of 3

It's well past time that congress finally decides to act like Americans and jerk a knot in trump's butt.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump on brink of defeat on border emergency

Message 3 of 3

Could Adam Schiff's letter to his colleagues be responsible for this? Could it be that Trump tried to take too much power away from the legislative branch.  Or, could it just be that Republicans have finally realized they need to be Americans first and stand against the man who would be tyrant?  Regardless, it is refreshing to see Congress actually doing its job for a change. 

President Donald Trump is on the verge of a bipartisan rejection of his emergency declaration at the border in what would be an embarrassing rebuke by a Congress opposed to his immigration agenda.

Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) on Monday night said he would join Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Susan Collins of Maine, along with 47 Senate Democrats to block Trump’s attempts to secure billions for his border wall after lawmakers effectively stiffed him. Now just one more GOP senator’s support for a resolution to block Trump's bid would send the measure to Trump’s desk and force a veto.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/25/trump-national-emergency-congress-1185589

Kudos
Views
Replies