Honored Social Butterfly

Trump is losing his control

This is how  it happens. Drip, drip, drip of one group after another doing the logical thing in defiance of  the Supreme Leader. The successful execution of each act of defiance leads other individuals and groups to think about doing the right thing or the logical thing regardless of Trump's wishes.  Perhaps by October, we will see photos of McConnell in front of the WH making an obscene gesture in Trump's direction?  

-- HE’S INTENT ON HOLDING a convention in Jacksonville, Fla., yet, as the NEW YORK TIMES catalogues today on its front page, a whole bunch of senior members of the Republican Party are saying they have no interest in going.

-- HE HAS DEMANDED THAT schools reopen in person in the fall, but some of the nation’s largest school districts -- including Los Angeles and San Diego -- are staying closed. (BTW, as the NYT points out, this represents an about-face for conservatives, who have advocated local control for decades.)

-- HE HAS SAID the country can’t lock down again, yet that’s what’s beginning to happen in California.

-- HE HAS HAD one consistent ask in Covid relief negotiations: the payroll tax cut. Capitol Hill Republicans have had no interest in that.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2020/07/14/trumps-waning-power-489790 

Silver Conversationalist

Trump's going to lose it.

White House blocks CDC from testifying on reopening schools next week

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/politics/white-house-cdc-house-testimony-schools/index.html

Pentagon Sidesteps Trump to Ban the Confederate Flag

The defense secretary lists the types of flags that are allowed to appear on bases worldwide. That flag does not fit.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/17/us/politics/pentagon-trump-confederate-symbols.html

Trump is an aperture in the fundament.
Silver Conversationalist

You're behind the times.  We did that when Obama left the Presidency in 2016.

-------------------------------------------------

Obama is living rent free in your mind. Must be crowded in there with Hillary, and the Bidens,  and everyone Trump's threatened to lock up. Anyone plan on filing charges against anybody ever?

Honored Social Butterfly

On a positive note, when donald permanently exits the WH in 2021 the new President will spend the first few weeks unwriting all the bs XO's that donald used to circumvent democracy - most of which he could not tell you what any of them actually meant.   

Weirdly, none of his followers seemed to care what was actually in that memo, they were just there to cheer on "the show'.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I look at NYC every day. 4 days ago the city reported no deaths from the virus. 

77, 000 new cases yesterday. That's a record and more than 13 times higher than in the EU and the EU has a population millions of people greater than ours.

Florida, Texas, California and North Carolina are running out of hospital beds. Why? Because they opened early.  Anyone with any sense would rather be in NY/NJ today than anywhere near a republican governor, Georgia being example A.

0 Kudos
Silver Conversationalist

I'm heavily biased but to me Trump appears to be growing increasingly incoherent. He might crack before the election.

He's demanded all schools open and has threatened to cut their funding if don't. Several of the largest school systems in the country have announced fall classes will be online.

He canceled the Republican National Convention in NC because he wants a big crowd and no social distancing. Anyone think that's going to happen in Jacksonville now?

NY and NJ were clobbered by the virus early on. I mean things were spinning out of control here. But our governors mandated wearing masks before anyone else. No shop or market will allow you in without a mask to this day. I called Lyft two days ago and they texted me, "Your driver is close. Be ready outside wearing a face covering."

Our states have flattened the curve. States that opened early and didn't mandate masks are setting records for new cases every day.

Trump and the republicans have mismanaged this pandemic to the point where their actions can be considered criminal.  The governor of Georgia is suing the Mayor of Atlanta for mandating face masks. That's insane.

Trump might crack, seriously.

Honored Social Butterfly

The comment about Cadet Bonespurs being another General Patton just MIGHT be true, but it's Major General George Patton JUNIOR he most resembles in attitude. Little George ended his career when he proclaimed his belief that "too many Black officers have been promoted ahead of their time" in the presence of one of the 8 black officers to reach THREE Star rank. Now, aside from the racism, there is NOTHING about tRump the Toad that resembles either General Patton, and I'd hazard a guess that Little George would punch out the lights of anyone with the temerity to suggest he shared ANY traits with a gutless, witless, draft-dodging preppytwit like donny tRump.

Little George probably learned his racism at the dinner table - that's usually the line of transmission - but I couldn't find anyplace George Sr expressed racism in public, but his views on anyone who was unwilling to fight for his country are well documented.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66    The more control that he looses the more dangerous that he becomes. Remember that he has no idea on how to respect our laws. and don't care if he breaks them. Prepare for a very interesting time

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

President Trump still is in control of these boards... without a doubt. I'll bet no AARP political  thread can go without some anti Trump spew fest taking place. Wanna bet?

You know who you are... practice some self control.

If you want to see how lawlessness takes place, look at NYC and Portland... and see exactly what, NO control looks like.  The level of cluelessness, incognizance, obliviousness of the left, has now reached epic proportions and is something no one can explain.... or should try. 

Carry on and keep calm

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

If you want to see how lawlessness takes place, look at NYC and Portland... and see exactly what, NO control looks like. 

You can also watch the videos of Trump clearing peaceful protesters from Lafayette Square so he could do a photo op or Trump advertising beans from the Oval office. I believe that would be defined as no control as well. More of no ability to control one's impulses but no control nevertheless. 

Good luck on changing captains while the Titanic is taking on water, BTW.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Good luck on changing captains while the Titanic is taking on water, BTW.  

You're behind the times.  We did that when Obama left the Presidency in 2016.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Lordy, did anyone read the speech and then say HUH?   What is being made in Hong Kong - and how will that mean more jobs in the US.    That would require infrastructure to be built / rebuilt and that cost money.    Or will the manufacturing in HK simply go to somewhere near-by?  

I dare any of the RW to read the speech and tell we who obviously have yet to learn what all his words mean to them - so that we can better understand.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

tRump has never been 'in control', except for being "in control" of his core base.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

tRump has never been 'in control', except for being "in control" of his core base.

Looking like the GOP convention in Florida is going to be a very lonely event. Just Trump and the eight people who are still afraid of him. 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

-- HE’S INTENT ON HOLDING a convention in Jacksonville, Fla., yet, as the NEW YORK TIMES catalogues today on its front page, a whole bunch of senior members of the Republican Party are saying they have no interest in going.

Verrrry interastink ....

That convention could be a bigger bust than Trump's colossal rally bust in Oklahoma!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Honored Social Butterfly

Rich, Dictators need to control everything. The current situation must be driving Comrade Trump crazy because, except for his loyal cult members, nobody else is listening to him.

Honored Social Butterfly

Until Covic, the gutless Toad could simply LIE about everything, and his Fox-addled worshipers had no way to fact check. He tells them his tariff is paid by the Chinese, that the Wall is stopping illegals, that his trade deals are better, and Putin would never put a bounty on GIs, and his Worshipers nod and shout AMEN.

But with Covid19, more accurately tRumpvid20, even Fox is reporting the disaster that is Toad's handling of the crisis. The awakening is slow in coming as most of his acolytes live in the boonies, but the disease and the reality of tRump's leadership is reaching them as we speak.

Looking more and more like the GOPers have bought themselves a repeat of 1964 with their choice of a psychopathic moron as their ToadPOTUS.

Honored Social Butterfly

I just listened to Trump's Press Conference from yesterday. The full hour of it. Throughout his whole speech he was talking directly to his base - and no one else. It sounded like a State of the Union type of speech. 
Someone wrote it for him, and it seemed like he didn't read much of it beforehand as he seemed surprised by some of what he was reading - like some of the statistics he read out loud.

I heard the press was given short notice. 

I disagreed with almost everything he said, except when he spoke about the statues, and maybe some small points on immigration. 

At the end he said he expects to win because of "the silent majority". I doubt it. At this point, I see him losing by a landslide. 
Honored Social Butterfly

Losing control?IMO...  He's controlling the narrative right here and I see comments of delusional desperation ALL the time, on these boards.

If someone asked me what would be the best approach to defeating the president... maybe a voodoo doll or a russian hoax. Same thing actually.

There is no doubt the pandemic has rattled many politicians, including president Trump. From a purely rational/logical approach, you don't change the capt'n of a ship in the midst of a storm.  President Trump is made for these days because he's not afraid to make decisions. Not all of them will be perfect, but we will win this war... guaranteed!

Right now... You are seeing Gen. Patton qualities displayed by our president. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer:  From a purely rational/logical approach, you don't change the capt'n of a ship in the midst of a storm.

You get rid of him if he's too incompetent to be the captain and is going to sink the ship.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

I think it's best to just go to the source and review rumps own opinion of his military might.   (enter Capt. Queeg)

‘Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!,’ he tweeted.

https://jimheath.tv/2020/04/furious-trump-lashes-out-at-governors-mentions-mutiny-on-the-bounty-is-h...

Kudos
Views
Honored Social Butterfly

@oceanedge2 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

I think it's best to just go to the source and review rumps own opinion of his military might.   (enter Capt. Queeg)

‘Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!,’ he tweeted.

https://jimheath.tv/2020/04/furious-trump-lashes-out-at-governors-mentions-mutiny-on-the-bounty-is-h...

All of this "lashing out" by trump when he is criticized.   'Trumplethinskin' !   LOL !!!

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Losing control?IMO...  He's controlling the narrative right here and I see comments of delusional desperation ALL the time, on these boards.

If someone asked me what would be the best approach to defeating the president... maybe a voodoo doll or a russian hoax. Same thing actually.

There is no doubt the pandemic has rattled many politicians, including president Trump. From a purely rational/logical approach, you don't change the capt'n of a ship in the midst of a storm.  President Trump is made for these days because he's not afraid to make decisions. Not all of them will be perfect, but we will win this war... guaranteed!

I saw his Rose Garden press conference. I don't recall Patton rambling like that.  Here are the 45 most incoherent lines from Trump.  The Biden campaign said they would subsidize Trump's next press conference. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/politics/president-donald-trump-rose-garden-speech/index.html 

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Delusional desperation is the language of Trump .... ALL the time!

Trump is defeating himself. He is his own worst enemy.

There is no doubt the pandemic has rattled many politicians, including president Trump. From a purely rational/logical approach, you don't change the capt'n of a ship in the midst of a storm. 

You do when the capt'n caused the storm ... and  is only making it worse!

President Trump is made for these days because he's not afraid to make decisions.

Sure .... whether to play golf or bash someone on twitter!

Not all of them will be perfect, but we will win this war... guaranteed!

Indeed .... soon after Biden is inaugurated!

The comparison is an insult to Patton.

The qualities of the incompetent Colonel Klink are displayed by moron Trump!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png