Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 11 of 24

The comment about Cadet Bonespurs being another General Patton just MIGHT be true, but it's Major General George Patton JUNIOR he most resembles in attitude. Little George ended his career when he proclaimed his belief that "too many Black officers have been promoted ahead of their time" in the presence of one of the 8 black officers to reach THREE Star rank. Now, aside from the racism, there is NOTHING about tRump the Toad that resembles either General Patton, and I'd hazard a guess that Little George would punch out the lights of anyone with the temerity to suggest he shared ANY traits with a gutless, witless, draft-dodging preppytwit like donny tRump.

Little George probably learned his racism at the dinner table - that's usually the line of transmission - but I couldn't find anyplace George Sr expressed racism in public, but his views on anyone who was unwilling to fight for his country are well documented.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 24

I'm heavily biased but to me Trump appears to be growing increasingly incoherent. He might crack before the election.

He's demanded all schools open and has threatened to cut their funding if don't. Several of the largest school systems in the country have announced fall classes will be online.

He canceled the Republican National Convention in NC because he wants a big crowd and no social distancing. Anyone think that's going to happen in Jacksonville now?

NY and NJ were clobbered by the virus early on. I mean things were spinning out of control here. But our governors mandated wearing masks before anyone else. No shop or market will allow you in without a mask to this day. I called Lyft two days ago and they texted me, "Your driver is close. Be ready outside wearing a face covering."

Our states have flattened the curve. States that opened early and didn't mandate masks are setting records for new cases every day.

Trump and the republicans have mismanaged this pandemic to the point where their actions can be considered criminal.  The governor of Georgia is suing the Mayor of Atlanta for mandating face masks. That's insane.

Trump might crack, seriously.

Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.
Donald Trump
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 24

Lordy, did anyone read the speech and then say HUH?   What is being made in Hong Kong - and how will that mean more jobs in the US.    That would require infrastructure to be built / rebuilt and that cost money.    Or will the manufacturing in HK simply go to somewhere near-by?  

I dare any of the RW to read the speech and tell we who obviously have yet to learn what all his words mean to them - so that we can better understand.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 24

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Right now... You are seeing Gen. Patton qualities displayed by our president.

I think it's best to just go to the source and review rumps own opinion of his military might.   (enter Capt. Queeg)

‘Tell the Democrat Governors that “Mutiny On The Bounty” was one of my all time favorite movies. A good old fashioned mutiny every now and then is an exciting and invigorating thing to watch, especially when the mutineers need so much from the Captain. Too easy!,’ he tweeted.

https://jimheath.tv/2020/04/furious-trump-lashes-out-at-governors-mentions-mutiny-on-the-bounty-is-h...

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 24

@ChasKy53 wrote:

tRump has never been 'in control', except for being "in control" of his core base.

Looking like the GOP convention in Florida is going to be a very lonely event. Just Trump and the eight people who are still afraid of him. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 24

tRump has never been 'in control', except for being "in control" of his core base.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 24

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Losing control?IMO...  He's controlling the narrative right here and I see comments of delusional desperation ALL the time, on these boards.

If someone asked me what would be the best approach to defeating the president... maybe a voodoo doll or a russian hoax. Same thing actually.

There is no doubt the pandemic has rattled many politicians, including president Trump. From a purely rational/logical approach, you don't change the capt'n of a ship in the midst of a storm.  President Trump is made for these days because he's not afraid to make decisions. Not all of them will be perfect, but we will win this war... guaranteed!

I saw his Rose Garden press conference. I don't recall Patton rambling like that.  Here are the 45 most incoherent lines from Trump.  The Biden campaign said they would subsidize Trump's next press conference. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/15/politics/president-donald-trump-rose-garden-speech/index.html 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 24

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

Losing control?IMO...  He's controlling the narrative right here and I see comments of delusional desperation ALL the time, on these boards.

Delusional desperation is the language of Trump .... ALL the time!

If someone asked me what would be the best approach to defeating the president... maybe a voodoo doll or a russian hoax. Same thing actually.

Trump is defeating himself. He is his own worst enemy.

There is no doubt the pandemic has rattled many politicians, including president Trump. From a purely rational/logical approach, you don't change the capt'n of a ship in the midst of a storm. 

You do when the capt'n caused the storm ... and  is only making it worse!

President Trump is made for these days because he's not afraid to make decisions.

Sure .... whether to play golf or bash someone on twitter!

Not all of them will be perfect, but we will win this war... guaranteed!

Indeed .... soon after Biden is inaugurated!

The comparison is an insult to Patton.

The qualities of the incompetent Colonel Klink are displayed by moron Trump!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 24

There is no doubt the pandemic has rattled many politicians, including president Trump. From a purely rational/logical approach, you don't change the capt'n of a ship in the midst of a storm.  President Trump is made for these days because he's not afraid to make decisions. Not all of them will be perfect, but we will win this war... guaranteed!

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 24
I just listened to Trump's Press Conference from yesterday. The full hour of it. Throughout his whole speech he was talking directly to his base - and no one else. It sounded like a State of the Union type of speech. 
Someone wrote it for him, and it seemed like he didn't read much of it beforehand as he seemed surprised by some of what he was reading - like some of the statistics he read out loud.

I heard the press was given short notice. 

I disagreed with almost everything he said, except when he spoke about the statues, and maybe some small points on immigration. 

At the end he said he expects to win because of "the silent majority". I doubt it. At this point, I see him losing by a landslide. 
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

September is Emergency Preparedness month.

Do you have an emergency plan in place?

Share or ask questions today.

Emergency preparedness kit

Top Authors