Credit freezes are free under a federal law that just went into effect. Learn how to protect your credit.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump is a ferengi

Message 1 of 13

Yes thank a vet because you sure can't thank Trump who deferred from Military Service.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 13

Soosie wrote:
@MirAnn.......Just a wild guess on my part, but your post probably belongs in the "Politics and Current Events" group. I didn't find the definition of the word you used to describe the President of the Unites States, but can guess. You should find lots of love in that group since they disrespect most everything the United States stands for.

Oh, yes, thank a Vet who fought for your freedom to have the liberty to make a snarky remark.

Soosie

Why the snarky comment on thanking a vet to a Trump hater? do you think people from the right are the only ones that fought or died for our freedom? so sorry you think so. Dead and wounded from our wars against fascism and inequality far out number the casualties of all other wars. I knew many left leaners from the WWII era and a bunch from the viet nam era. are you a war veteran? seen combat? then thank a vet for your freedom to involk veterans as your conscripts in battle on a chat board.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 13

MiriamLear wrote:

back in the 60's when I went to college,  one of my professors announced that humans learned to think in the middle ages.   I asked the professor what it meant to think and he said "if you have to ask what it means to think, you don't belong in college."   We still don't know what it means to think and now studies of the human brain seem to imply that many of us don't think, that our actions and reactions are programmed by the culture and society we live in.   That is even more scary than saying our elected officials represent ferengies and not humanity. 

Think you may have misremembered "middle ages" as the time - that's when Aristotelian Logic became the "in thing" and if you could construct a syllogism that sounded good, nobody would bother to try and check it out. The real "thinking" - checking things out- started during the Renisaunce, a couple hundred years later.

Today the only reamining Aristotelians are GOPers who get their syllogisms from the GOPerLords and never bother to check them out. It's a big part of their draw for religeous fundies - now checking things out with them either.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 13

back in the 60's when I went to college,  one of my professors announced that humans learned to think in the middle ages.   I asked the professor what it meant to think and he said "if you have to ask what it means to think, you don't belong in college."   We still don't know what it means to think and now studies of the human brain seem to imply that many of us don't think, that our actions and reactions are programmed by the culture and society we live in.   That is even more scary than saying our elected officials represent ferengies and not humanity. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 13

Soosie wrote:
Thanks to the moderator for moving the original post from "Introduce Yourself" to this group. That is where it belongs.

Soosie

Soosie wrote:
Thanks to the moderator for moving the original post from "Introduce Yourself" to this group. That is where it belongs.

Soosie

Oh Soosie, I am disapointed. You mean to say that you never saw Star Treck nect Generation?  Oh how terrible.!!  There are so many things that the series tried to convey, and the morality that it expressed. Perhaps now, you may want to see some of the episodes. I can guarantee that you will learn a lot from them.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 13

Soosie
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 13

CPlo39kWEAEatgu.png

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 13

wasn't sure where Soosie was coming from.  Oh well, we read what we want to read and see what we want to see and hear what we want to hear.   Doesn't qualify as a ferengi, but maybe a robot.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 13

I had to look up "ferengi".

The character in Star Trek Deep Space Nine is an alien called a Ferengi who has one purpose and that is to make a profit by following The Rules of Acquisition.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 13

Soosie wrote:
@MirAnn.......Just a wild guess on my part, but your post probably belongs in the "Politics and Current Events" group. I didn't find the definition of the word you used to describe the President of the Unites States, but can guess. You should find lots of love in that group since they disrespect most everything the United States stands for.

Oh, yes, thank a Vet who fought for your freedom to have the liberty to make a snarky remark.

Soosie

This is the "Politics and Current Events" group so I guess the topic was posted in the proper place.

No sense of humor Soosie? "Ferengi" is a race in the series Star Trek Next Generation. Their primary driving force is greed. Trump is most definitely greedy.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views