Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump in The Villages

Message 1 of 12

rker321 posted..

Before we retired, we had many questions and answers regarding the Villages, and not only we asked questions but went on a tour in the facilities to see if when we retired we would be interested, We knew that we would come to Florida.
There were many things that we thought we dind't want to have. We didn't care to have a community that was so enclosed in having everything or dependant on them to live. We don't play golf, so that was another thing that we didn't care for. and we are not very social minded people, we like our life and we don't like to have to get intimate with neighbors.
The prices of the homes were not cheap but ok and the maintenance fees were more that we wanted to pay or get involved with. so we decided that life in the Villages was not for us.

=============================================================
You made a choice.

The Villages sounds a lot like Sun Cities in Arizona were my parents purchased a home in about 1965. They loved living there. They did not play golf but were social. We visited them many times.

The ideal thing is like my cousin from Wisconsin. They purchased a Vila in the Villages...spend about 6 months there and go back to their home and a cabin in Wisconsin to spend the summers. Yes, they play golf.

BTW we are not close..never have been....wish we were.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

I have friends (two families) who lived in New Jersey and they were Democrats. I didn't keep in close contact with them over the years, but judging by their Facebook posts they have somehow become Trump Republicans. They now live in The Villages. They made decent money over the years and they like to play golf.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The Villages

A great place to go for retirement. The homes prices are reasonable.

I think that its mostly Republican is that many that live there have worked hard and saved for their retirement....a good thing.

Before we retired, we had many questions and answers regarding the Villages, and not only we asked questions but went on a tour in the  facilities to see if when we retired we would be interested, We knew that we would come to Florida.
There were many things that we thought we dind't want to have. We didn't care to have a community that was so enclosed in having everything or dependant on them to live.  We don't play golf, so that was another thing that we didn't care for. and  we are not very social minded people, we like our life and we  don't like to have to get intimate with neighbors.
The prices of the  homes were not cheap but ok   and the maintenance fees were  more that we wanted to pay or get involved with. so we decided that  life in the Villages was not for us.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

@KidBoy2 wrote:
The Villages

I think that its mostly Republican is that many that live there have worked hard and saved for their retirement....a good thing.

And they are afraid their service staff will rise up in revolt. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12
The Villages

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

I would say that the Panhacle, and central Florida are the conservative pocket in Flordia but I do really believe that at this time this is a purple State, and not a red State at all.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

@retiredtraveler wrote:

"...and this whole State, is not a Trump State at all....".

Trump carried the popular vote in 2016. No reason to believe it's any different now.

Thank you, they sure seem to be a trump state to me.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

"...and this whole State, is not a Trump State at all....".

Trump carried the popular vote in 2016. No reason to believe it's any different now.

From mid June of this year:

"....The one-day haul as Trump held a kickoff rally in Orlando included $14 million for Trump’s reelection committee and $10 million that went to Trump Victory,...".

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@retiredtraveler wrote:

"He had the perfect venue for the rally — The Villages, the booming senior community that's a Republican stronghold. Some 70 percent of Villages residents voted for the president in 2016."

One of the many reasons I would never live in Florida...............

Not all Florida is like that. Now, if you come here to the Panhandle. you will find people that you wouln't like at all. They not only suppot Trump, but I am sure that they support slavery. They are extremely ignorant  and mentally they are more Alabamians thatn Floridians.  But, that is not Florida. just don't bother with the villages, that is just a little plac in this whole State. and this whole State, is not a Trump State at all. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

"He had the perfect venue for the rally — The Villages, the booming senior community that's a Republican stronghold. Some 70 percent of Villages residents voted for the president in 2016."

One of the many reasons I would never live in Florida...............

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors