WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump impeachment

Message 1 of 6

I don't think you can impeach Trump for being stupid and that is his primary crime. It is the main reason Putin wanted him in the White House.  The Democrats will make a huge deal about impeaching him but they will simply spend the two years after a blue wave investigating him and leaking all kinds of information about who (and what?) he slept with.  Who he has deals with. How much money he is earning from his position.  

The Republicans will have selected their primary voters and be completely unable to stand up to Trump for fear of those primaries and the Republican party will get smaller and smaller. Then in 2020, Trump will face a primary opponent and lose then the chaos will begin in earnest as Republican politicians pretend they worked against Trump all along and the Democratic opponents will keep airing videos of them being their usual weasel selves.  2018 and 2020 are going to be marvelous years.  In 2020, my guess will be Higgenlooper VS Flake. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6
@Tom5678

Ohoooooooooooooooo how I Pray for this to come true..!!
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6
very true, and then there is all the info on him Mueller is looking into. Saw a story online the other day that basically said Mueller probably doesn't need Trump to testify as he has way to much info on him already, doesn't need any more.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

Excellent post, umbarch.

trumps behavior and his ignorant comments give Dems quite a bit of ammo for the mid-terms.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Well, let's keep things tidy.  That's a Fox 'News' release, though the poster doesn't say so directly.  Complete with gratuitious follow up commentary on what it means from the [pea]nut gallery.

Even carrion eaters would starve if all they ate was the meat they could get off those kind of bones.  Still, there is a point buried under that rib over there. 

Impeaching Donald John Trump, if successful, would only stop the bleeding from scabs he personally picks off.  You'd just replace one rooster with another from the same flock doing the same thing.  That's accurate.  Any rational person knows it.

Anyone growing up on a farm with chickens knows what roosters do when one of the flock is wounded.  Chickens are viscious, mindless, blood-thirsty,cannibalistic flock creatures, deserving of their ultimate fate. It isn't just roosters.  Perhaps because of the way roosters treat them, hens are equally bad if not worse.  I know, I know...that's not what you want to think it is, but that is the way it really is. 

Orwell was pretty perceptive when he wrote "Animal Farm".  Y'all should read it.  Helps to see what really goes on in this here world.  

Back to the rooster, though.  When one rooster gets its head chopped off, the next bully in line becomes bully in chief.  He gets first dibbs...on pretty much everything in sight.  I haven't seen one rooster that behaved differently from the last.  Not one.  It's built in. Comparisons like that might be seen as a false equivalency, but in this case,  they are not.  Think carefully on this one.

I'd hope Democrats would be savvy enough to see the more effective way is to change the partisan make-up of Congress this November.  Ideally that would be both houses.  It can be done.  Especially now, given behavior the rooster AND his sycophants have put on display.  DO that and you effectively have an immediate curb on the ongoing, viscious,  deliberate, destruction of our institutions done to advance this 'person' to a virtual dictatorship with no limits to his authority....an autocrat in fact.  The rooster in the hen yard.

IF impeachment is unsuccessful, any of his wrong-doing will become irrelevant.  He becomes a martyr and any thing different will be 'Fake News' for sure.  The faithful will 'rally round the flag, boys' and stick it to everyone else, just as they did before. The faithful will go to the polls in droves without thinking, just as they did before. 

Barring some sort of effective response at the polls from those who have turned their backs on all politics in disgust, he'll 'win again'.  That's this reality.  I called it that way in 2016 and it happened that way in 2016.  Lots and lots of smoke and mirrors since then, but really....nothing much has changed.  Check the polls.  They may not be worth much, but polls are all we've got to go by.

Restructuring Congress will curb that.  Meaningful impeachment could then be accomplished IF that is the best way to go.  IF not, meaningful and statesmanlike laws could then be passed, vetos overridden, nominations denied, sanity regained etc. etc.  All impossible as things are and will be even IF 'the donald' is successfully impeached....which I don't think is currently possible.   Barring Mueller coming up with counts of high treason or some equivalent 'criminal' activity by 'the donald' personally that possibility is remote.  What his lieutenants did or didn't is not the real issue unless you can prove he said, "make it so".  'The donald' has teflon feathers.  Nothing sticks.  Chickens don't remember well.  They are pretty much creatures of the immediate moment.  And if they don't remember, it's not so.  See how that works?

Anyway.  Thanks to the poster for this platform for my propaganda.  You're a gift that keeps on giving.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views
Replies

Trump impeachment

Message 6 of 6

Trump impeachment push emerges as next Dem litmus test

Liberal lawmakers and pundits, emboldened by bipartisan outrage over President Trump's summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, have kicked up calls to pursue impeachment -- indicating the issue could fast become the next litmus test for Democratic candidates. 

The discussion follows the recent political frenzy over calls to "abolish" Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). That effort briefly served as a similar litmus test in the wake of Trump's zero-tolerance immigration policy, which led to family separations at the U.S.-Mexico border. 

The GOP-controlled House countered on Wednesday with a vote on a resolution expressing support for ICE, effectively daring Democrats to go on the record with opposition to the agency. The measure passed, with a total of 133 Democratic representatives voting "present" -- amounting to a procedural refusal to take a position despite weeks of heated anti-ICE rhetoric from party leaders.

READ MORE HERE:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

The Dems platform is built on TDS...  Go for it!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Replies