Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Trump has turned his last corner

Message 11 of 27
sp posted..

When has it ever worked? Reagan?

===============================================

Yes and it also worker under Kennedy.

http://time.com/4511870/john-f-kennedy-and-ronald-reagan-tax-policy/

John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan Proved Tax Cuts Work | Time.com
time.com/4511870/john-f-kennedy-and-ronald-reagan-tax-policy/
Sep 29, 2016 - “Drive out Detroit's East Jefferson Avenue… the main thoroughfare to the well-kept suburb of Grosse Pointe, and in one five-mile stretch you ..
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 27

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Lowering taxes for business and the wealthy will not result in more jobs when the people can't afford to buy their products and pay for their services. Even if a few more jobs are created, that does not mean there will be more of a tax base at the bottom than there were cuts at the top. We are in a consumer economy and supply side economics will probably not work.

=================================================

I think the tax cuts like other ones will cut taxes for all ...it has worked in the past..more jobs more tax revenue for our governments.

When has it ever worked?  Reagan?  He cut taxes in 81, then had to increase them in 82, 83, 84 and 87.  He created less jobs than Clinton (even less than Carter on a per year basis).  If consumers can not afford products and services, the only thing supply side does is concentrate even more wealth at the top.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 27
Lowering taxes for business and the wealthy will not result in more jobs when the people can't afford to buy their products and pay for their services. Even if a few more jobs are created, that does not mean there will be more of a tax base at the bottom than there were cuts at the top. We are in a consumer economy and supply side economics will probably not work.

=================================================

I think the tax cuts like other ones will cut taxes for all ...it has worked in the past..more jobs more tax revenue for our governments.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 27

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Trump has turned his last corner

=============================================

Turned his last corner...that is wishful thinking.

Trump is not a politician and he shows that.

Trump has no couth.

Trump also has the ability to get things done...a ability the Mr Obama did not have.

Good things are happening thanks to Trump ... end of Obamacare...the XL and the Dakota Access pipe lines...pro business means more jobs with means more tax revenue for governments... local state and federal.

Lowering taxes for business and the wealthy will not result in more jobs when the people can't afford to buy their products and pay for their services.  Even if a few more jobs are created, that does not mean there will be more of a tax base at the bottom than there were cuts at the top.  We are in a consumer economy and supply side economics will probably not work.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 27

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Trump has turned his last corner

=============================================

Turned his last corner...that is wishful thinking.

Trump is not a politician and he shows that.

Trump has no couth.

Trump also has the ability to get things done...a ability the Mr Obama did not have.

Good things are happening thanks to Trump ... end of Obamacare...the XL and the Dakota Access pipe lines...pro business means more jobs with means more tax revenue for governments... local state and federal.

It's fun to list a whole bunch of things off a Big Wish List and not have to be concerned about any of the accounting

Who's going to make up the 7 Million Tax Cut for the 400 Wealthiest Americans when Obamcare gets demolished

Who's going to pay for all this stuff - you think hiring 200 Construction Workers for two years to install pipe thats already been purchased is going to shrink the Federal Budget Deficit or their payroll taxes are going to offset the number of uninsured who will once again be flocking to Emergency Rooms for all their Healthcare - Google Hill-Burton Act and others like the Public Service Health Act 

I noticed you didn;t mention all the other Goodies Trump is spending our money on  - like -

All the New Airports - The Border Wall - The New Highways and Bridges - is everything going to have Toll Booths because Highways and Bridges don't generate any Tax Revenue without them - no one else is going to invest in them because - you can't sell them to anyone

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 27

@lk152 wrote:

Donald Trump's actions on the campaign trail last year as well as his actions since his inauguration have only reinforced my belief that he is morally and mentally unfit to be President. Eventually many Republicans in congress will come to that same conclusion. When that happens, Trump's days as President would be numbered. 

The problem is that Republicans in Congress are also "morally unfit", starting with Paul Ryan.

Leaders in Ryan's own Catholic Faith condemned his budgets as "morally unfit" .... and all Republicans voted for it!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 27

@Olderscout66 wrote:

So, Mike Pence and 6 Cabnet Secretaries (there are 11 total) can remove Agent Orange from office. Time to switch the "Impeach" protests to "Remove" protests. It's not even like they'd have to investigate to get the evidence of his inability to discharge the powers and duties of his office, he's tweeted all the proof any rational being would require to come to that conclusion.

@Olderscout66 - If the impeachment option is available, wouldn't it be more of a permanent solution than removal under the 25th Amendment clause? Seems like under removal, Trump would have the option to file suit against them, and fight it in court. No doubt, he would make it a nasty ordeal either way, but wouldn't the impeachment option be a cleaner process? 

If somehow the sane R's in the administration did step up and use the removal clause, would Pence then get to bring in his own people? In other words, could he kick Bannon and gang to the curb? That's what needs to happen, IMO of course.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 27

@lk152 - Everything you just mentioned about Trump and his business dealings is reason enough that he doesn't want anyone to see his tax returns. However, I either read, or heard on CNN, that one of the Congressional committees could subpoena the tax returns as part of their investigation. We the people should insist that they follow through and see what skeletons are buried there. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 27

To chasky, I have a cousin who has been living in New York city for almost fifty years. Her husband has worked in New York real estate since the 1970s. His family has also been involved in New York real estate as well for a long time.

A year ago last Christmas when they came to Ohio for a visit, I asked him what he thought of Donald Trump running for President. This was long before the convention.  His answer almost floored me. He said that he cannot stand Donald Trump and said that he is the most unethical and dishonest person in New York real estate. He also said that the New York real estate community as well as the New York business community cannot stand or trust Donald Trump either. Many New York businesses refuse to do business with Donald Trump. 

He told me about his record of stiffing contractors as well as using undocumented Polish workers to build Trump Tower, then refusing to pay them before shipping them back to Poland.

He said that Donald Trump abuses the legal system and sues anyone who crosses him. He told me that when those contractors who got stiffed by Donald Trump went to court to get paid, Trump used every legal trick in the book to drag it out and wear down those he stiffed so they just gave up. 

He also told me that the banks in New York wouldn't lend him any money for his ventures because of his bankruptcy record and stiffing banks on loans in the past. He said that Trump gets most of his money from European banks and that it is a well known fact in the New York real estate world that he is deeply in debt to Russian banksters and perhaps the Russian mob. 

But he has branded his name and used bluff and bluster to get what he wants done. I mentioned to my cousin's husband about the movie "You've Been Trumped" that documents how Donald Trump bribed and intimidated local officials in Scotland so he could build his luxury golf resort. He told me that he hadn't seen the movie, but everyone has heard about his Scottish adventure. 

Last year, after I had this conversation, the Scottish Parliament passed a resolution stating that Donald Trump is no longer welcome in Scotland (the home of his mother). I also heard that his luxury golf resort in Scotland is losing money hand over fist. Not enough people are willing to travel to some out of the way place to play golf in Scotland when they could play St. Andrews and the other establlished golf courses. In addition the British Golf Association that runs the British Open (one of the four "major" pro golf tournaments) moved the 2017 British Open away from Trump's golf resort to another golf course. 

The World Golf Classic that was played last weekend in Mexico City was originally supposed to be played on Donald Trump's golf resort in south Florida. Apparantly it was moved because many international golfers stated that they would refuse to play in the tournament if it was held at Trump's golf course. 

Donald Trump's actions on the campaign trail last year as well as his actions since his inauguration have only reinforced my belief that he is morally and mentally unfit to be President. Eventually many Republicans in congress will come to that same conclusion. When that happens, Trump's days as President would be numbered. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 27

Lk152--the author is correct!!!

and--PAT ON BACK

--many of us taking part in this forum have been saying the same!  Good to know we are in such good company!!

E-mail, call your representatives--ask them to  start proceedings with regard to amendment 25, section 4 of the united states constitution, which deals with removal of disabled president from office.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs